Bra is the second child of Vegeta and Bulma, and thus is both half Saiyan and half Human by blood. She is born a few years after the defeat of Kid Buu. Her birth is reveal in Dragon Ball Super during the Universe Survival arc. Bra is born in Age 780. Right before she was born, Vegeta was offered to participate in the Zen Exhibition Match but he declined because he wanted to be there for Bulma as she was about to give birth and he was eager to see his daughter be born. However, frustrated over Vegeta's refusal to enter in the Tournament of Power until the birth, Whis used his magic to warp Bulla out from inside her mother, which left everyone shocked. Bulma is delighted by her daughter and all the Z Fighters celebrate her arrival. Vegeta stays back while everyone meets Bra but reacts with anger and transforms to Super Saiyan Blue when Mr. Satan and Yamcha make her cry. When Vegeta finally holds Bra, she smiles happily at her father and Vegeta feels an instant attachment towards his daughter. Upon learning the name, Vegeta initially protests, saying he needs to give his daughter a name worthy of a Saiyan and had decided upon Eschalot but relents, saying Bra isn't a bad name either
She is close friends with two other daughters of the Z Fighters: Pan (the daughter of Son Gohan and Videl) and Marron (the daughter of Kuririn and Android 18). Of the three girls, Bra is the most assertive of her femininity, especially in comparison to Pan who by Dragon Ball GT has grown into somewhat of a tomboy. Her appearance in GT appears as a more youthful retooling of a common look of her mother's (most memorably during the adventure on Namek, as well as the Androids Saga), while her personality is geared closer towards that of her father.
As a baby, Bra is shown to always smiling and laughing. However, she can be picky towards those around her, such as crying when being held by Yamcha and Hercule, whereas smiling when her family members held her.
She is usually cheerful and eager to please. Although she often appears by her mother's side, she is very fond of her father. Her father does not appear to make a point of encouraging her to train as he does with her brother, Trunks, but the two are quite close. In fact, Bulla may be the only person Vegeta demonstrates not hesitating to answering to, often bending to her wishes such as insisting he shave off his mustache because she feels that it makes him look like a "total geek", or taking her to go shopping as shown in Dragon Ball GT.
As a baby in Dragon Ball Super, Bra has a triangle strand of blue hair on the top of her head. While she is Vegeta's daughter, Bulla bears almost no physical resemblance to him and looks almost completely like her mother. When she was born, it was jokingly noted that her forehead resembled his and her facial features when angered are similar to his own. As a child, during the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament, Bra wears a white dress with orange polka dots and her hair is tied back in a knot. At the start of Dragon Ball GT Bra is 9 (10 at the end) and her outward appearance is reminiscent of a teenager: she wears a red midriff top with exposed shoulders, red finger-less gloves that go up to the shoulders, a red mini skirt with a yellow belt buckle, and red thigh-high boots. She also wears a red hairpiece, gold choker and gold hoop earrings. Her outward appearance in GT makes her seem older, and she is even hit on by two grown men in "The Attack on Vegeta".
Unlike her father and brother, Bra is not a fighter, despite also being strong, preferring to shop rather than train. The Dragon Ball GT Perfect Files implies that, since she has inherited Saiyan blood, Bra has the potential to turn Super Saiyan when the proper conditions are met, such as the arrival of the evilest of dangers.
The ability to fly with the use of ki. Bra is seen flying while she is under Baby's control in Dragon Ball GT, even though she had never been seen flying before.
Pulla is the EX Fusion of Pan and Bulla introduced in Dragon Ball Fusions.
Dragon Ball Z (Anime)
Bra is first shown in the series when she attends the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament with her parents and brother. She was impressed with her father's strength after witnessing him effortlessly knock back a rowdy opponent before the tournament started.
Dragon Ball GT (Anime)
Black Star Dragon Balls arc
- "Sorry fellas! My dad's got a bit of a temper and he can get kind of grumpy when he has to take me shopping."
- — Bra talking to boys in the DBGT episode "The Attack on Vegeta" (English Version)
Bra is seen again with her father driving home after taking her shopping when they are attacked by Son Gohan. Vegeta tells her to go home so that he can fight Gohan. Later, Bulla is seen under Baby's control with Trunks, Son Goten, Gohan and Vegeta. She is with Trunks, Goten and Gohan when they give Baby Vegeta their Saiyan energy to defeat Son Goku for what his race did to his planet. She is later cured of Baby's control.
Super 17 arc
Some months later, Bra is seen in Chi-Chi['s house having dinner with Bulma, Son Goku,Pan, Son Gohan, and Videl. Trunks comes to the house injured by Android 17. They look outside and see the hole that leads from Hell to Earth. Trunks is healed and tells them that Android 17 wants Goku to go to Hell. They watch on TV as resurrected villains emerge from the hole and start destroying the cities. Goku says he will go to hell if he wants this to stop. Bra is seen in a plane with her mother going to the battle. They see a big explosion and are hit with Chi-Chi's pot. Bra is seen for the last time when the Black Smoke Dragon emerges from the Dragon Balls.
Bra appears in all the following video games:
- Dragon Ball Fusion (playable)
- Dragon Ball Z Bakuretsu Impact.
- Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2
- Dragon Ball Z Infinite World
- King Vegeta (Paternal Grandfather)
- Dr. Brief (Maternal Grandfather)
- Mrs. Brief (Maternal Grandmother)
- Vegeta (Father)
- Bulma (Mother)
- Trunks (Older Brother)
- Tights (Aunt)
- Tarble (Paternal Uncle)
- Gure (Paternal Aunt)
- Bulma Leigh (Descendant)
- Vegeta Jr. (Descendant)
- Like her mother and older brother Trunks, Bulla's name is an allusion to an undergarment, the bra in particular (this pun is more apparent in the Japanese dub, where the character's name is literally spelled "Bra"). Her name is a shortening of "brassiere".
- There is a bit of inconsistency regarding her age. One section of Daizenshuu 7 lists her as born in Age 778, meaning she is 12 at the end of Dragon Ball GT, while another section of the Daizenshuu and the Dragon Ball GT Perfect Files list her as born in Age 780, meaning she is 10 at the end of GT. Her absence in the film Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods and her mother being not pregnant in the film imply that she was not born in Age 778. However, her outward appearance in GT makes her seem older, and she is even hit on by two grown men in "The Attack on Vegeta".
- She does not exist in her future brother's and Cell's alternate timeline (like Goten, Marron and Pan) because Vegeta was killed by the Androids before her conception.
- Interestingly she has never met her future brother anywhere in the Dragon Ball media (via anime/manga, games, commercials, etc).
- Interestingly, a "bulla" is an amulet worn like a locket, was given to male children in Ancient Rome nine days after birth. Rather similar objects are rare finds from Late Bronze Age Ireland. A bulla was worn around the neck as a locket to protect against evil spirits and forces and often depicted figures from myth. This was likely not the intent of the author, who probably meant to keep up the undergarment trend of the Brief family.
- Vegeta's planned Saiyan name for Bulla: Eschalot comes from "shallot" - a type of onion.
- In the movie Dragon Ball Z: Wrath of the Dragon, when Gohan enters his classroom, a girl that resembles an older Bulla can be seen at the top left of the classroom.
Bra shares many similarities with Uchiha Sarada from the Naruto franchise.
- Both have a close relationship with their parents.
- Both hate being treated like a child.
- Both spend much of their time with their mothers.
- Both are doted on, and spoiled by their fathers.
- Both wear red outfits, and a red headband.
- Both are noted to be very strong.
- Both don't know about their fathers' dark past.
- Both have a hobby they are proud of. (For Bra : shopping. Whereas for Sarada : reading books)
- Both have a female best friend. (For Bra : Pan. Whereas for Sarada : Chocho)
- Both have the same personality. (Both : bossy, kind, easily angered, smart, but also caring to their loved ones)
- Both resemble their mothers. (The only difference is that Bra is completely identical to Bulma, and has no resemblance to Vegeta. Whereas Sarada resembles Sakura in the terms of the face while she looks almost identical to Sasuke)
- Both have someone who they admire. (For Bra : her father. Whereas for Sarada : Naruto)
- Both have an enemy. (For Bra : Baby, and the Dark Star Dragons. Whereas for Sarada : Shin clones, and the Otsutsuki clan)
- Japanese : Hiromi Tsuru
- English : Megan Woodall (DBZ), Parisa Fakhri (DBGT), Brina Palencia (Budokai Tenkaichi 2)
all information on Bra came from http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Bulla