The movie begins with Gohan and Oolong searching for the Dragon Balls that have all been gathered in the frozen Tsumisumbri Mountains (with the latter obviously wanting to wish for underwear). Before they reach them, Shenron is summoned by Dr. Kochin, who wishes for Dr. Wheelo and their laboratory to be thawed from an unbreakable ice. Later, Piccolo is ambushed by three mysterious warriors and knocked out cold while trying to defend Gohan and Oolong from. Later on, Gohan has a weird dream about him and Piccolo.
Kochin then kidnaps Master Roshi and Bulma, thinking that Roshi is the world's strongest and a suitable body for Wheelo, whose own body was destroyed, leaving him only as a brain. Roshi is tested by Kochin's Bio-Warriors, and despite putting up a decent fight while being outnumbered three to one, is ultimately defeated. Bulma then reveals that Goku is the strongest, just as he approaches Wheelo's fortress to save his friends. Before however, Goku and Chi-Chi confront Oolong and Gohan on what they know about the group who kidnapped Bulma and Master Roshi.
After reaching the fortress, Goku is attacked by the Bio-Warriors, but easily defeats them with the Kaio-ken, and is also joined by Gohan and Kuririn. They then arrive at Wheelo's lab where Bulma is being held, but run into Piccolo, who was brainwashed into returning to his old ways when he was captured earlier. Goku and Piccolo then fight each other, but Gohan's anger causes the mind-controlling device on Piccolo to break. Kochin tries to shoot Kuririn and Bulma with his machine gun-arm, but is disarmed by Roshi.
Wheelo then breaks out of the wall, revealing his brain to be inside a huge robot; Dr. Kochin accidentally dies in the resulting reveal. Realizing that he was being controlled, Piccolo attacks Dr. Wheelo, only to be brushed aside. As Wheelo jumps into the air, Goku, Kuririn, and Roshi fire the Master-Student Kamehameha, which does nothing to Wheelo. Goku, Gohan, Kuririn, Piccolo, and Roshi then attack Wheelo, but are unable to win. Goku then fires his Kaio-ken Kamehameha (at multiplier x4) and shoots Wheelo into space. Wheelo decides to destroy the Earth with his Planet Geyser energy wave, but Kuririn comedy tries to stop the Doctor, but is unsuccessful. But Piccolo and Gohan are able to stop him for a while. Goku uses the previously collected energy for a Spirit Bomb; and launches it at Wheelo and destroys the mad scientist.
- Masako Nozawa as Son Goku & Son Gohan
- Toshio Furukawa as Piccolo
- Mayumi Tanaka as Kuririn
- Hiromi Tsuru as Bulma
- Naoki Tatsuta as Oolong
- Mayumi Sho as Chi-Chi
- the late Kohei Miyauchi as Master Roshi
- the late Daisuke Gori as Turtle & Misokatsun
- the late Kenji Utsumi as Shenlong
- the late Koji Yada as Dr. Kochin
- Yukimasa Kishino as Kishime
- Ken Yamaguchi as Ebifurya
- Koji Nakata as Dr. Wheelo
- Joji Yanami as the Narrator
- Sean Schemmel as Goku
- Stephanie Nadolny as Gohan
- Christopher R. Sabat as Piccolo, the Turtle & Shenlong
- Sonny Strait as Kuririn
- Tiffany Vollmer as Bulma
- Brad Jackson as Oolong
- Cynthia Cranz as Chi-Chi
- Mike McFarland as Master Roshi
- Chris Cason as Bio Men
- Troy Baker as Dr. Kochin
- Chris Rager as Kishime
- Matthew Tompkins as Ebifurya
- Robert McCollum as Misokatsun
- Robert Bruce Elliott as Dr. Wheelo
- Kyle Hebert as the Narrator
- This DBZ film name is similar to the original second episode of the anime, "The World's Strongest Team".
- The wish Oolong wants to make with the Dragon Balls in this movie is exactly the same wish he made in the Dragon Ball anime (specifically the episode "A Wish to the Eternal Dragon"). However, Shenron will not grant the same wish more than once.
- A scene that takes place during the anime, Piccolo sacrificing himself to save Gohan from being killed by Nappa, is shown when Gohan falls asleep during studying.
- Bulma's appearance in this movie is nearly identical to her appearance while a spectator during the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament. Master Roshi's clothes are also very similar to the ones he wore when he, Tien and Chaozu were collecting the Dragon Balls in the King Piccolo Saga.
- The villains in this movie are named after food from Nagoya, the city Akira Toriyama is from.
- In the English version, Dr. Wheelo's name is pronounced as it is spelled.
- This movie is known for using the correct Japanese pronunciation of "Kaio-ken". Although in FUNimation's English version of the movie, they still pronounces it "KEI-O-KEN".
- Goku did not turn Super Saiyan when it was needed, showing strain at the use of a Kaio-ken x4 and still wearing King Kai's symbol.
- This movie starts the three-movie chain for main villains killed by Goku using a Spirit Bomb. Dr. Wheelo, Tullece and Lord Slug are all killed by Goku's Spirit Bomb.
- Scenes from this movie are shown in the Dragon Ball Z Original English anime opening, "Rock the Dragon".
- Even though Frieza does not appear in the movie, his theme is played when Dr. Wheelo attempts to transfer his mind into Goku's body.
- The 11th Shunsuke Kikuchi music package for the franchise starts here. The cues were designated "M9XX" codes, and this package would make its series debut in Namek's Defense.
all information on Dragon Ball Z movie 2 came from http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_The_World%27s_Strongest