The song was sung after Mufasa's death in the wildebeest stampede. Timon and Pumbaa tried to cheer the depressed Simba, who's still shocked by his father's death. The song was to teach Simba to slack and relax and enjoy the life with no worries, as Simba grew up older time by time. At one part, Pumbaa almost said that evertime he "farted", but Timon blocks it warning to Pumbaa, "Not in front of the kids (possibly referencing the audience (or un-seen animal kids) and Simba.
- Timon : Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase.
- Pumbaa : Hakuna Matata, ain't no passing craze.
- Timon : It means no worries, for the rest of your days.
- Timon and Pumbaa : It's our problem free! Philosophy.
- Timon : Hakuna Matata
- Timon : Why, when he was a young warthog.
- Pumbaa : When I was a young Warthog!
- Timon : Very nice.
- Pumbaa : Thanks
- Timon : He found his aroma lacked a certain appeal. He could clear the savannah after every meal.
- Pumbaa : I'm a sensitive soul though I seem thick-skinned and it hurt that my friends never stood downwind. And oh the shame!
- Timon : He was ashamed)
- Pumbaa : Thought of changing my name
- Timon : What's in a name)
- Pumbaa : And I got downhearted
- Timon : How did you feel?
- Pumbaa : Everytime that I...
- Timon : Whoo Pumbaa not in front of the kids.
- Pumbaa : Oh sorry.
- Timon and Pumbaa: Hakuna Matata what a wonderful phrase. Hakuna Matata ain't no passing craze.
- Simba : It means no worries for the rest of your days.
- Timon : Yeah sing it kid.
- Timon and Simba : It's our problem free...
- Pumbaa : Philosophy.
- All : Hakuna Matata.
- Timon and Pumbaa : Hakuna Matata!(6x) Hakuna...
- Simba : It means no worries, for the rest of your days.
- All : It's our problem free, philosophy.
- Timon : Hakuna Matata
- Pumbaa : Hakuna Matata
- Simba : Hakuna Matata
- The Hakuna Matata itself means No Worries in Swahili.
- One of the bugs that Timon pulls out of a knothole during the song is wearing Mickey Mouse ears.
- There's a lost verse of "Hakuna Matata" which explained Timon's past situation, like Pumbaa's. It was later cut, and used in The Lion King 1 1/2.
- Part of the song was heard in Toy Story when Molly is in the car and sees the toys in the mirror? trying to get into the moving van
all information on Hakuna Matata came from http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Hakuna_Matata