BackgroundWhile being born on December 27, which was three months after the Kyuubi's attack on Konoha. Hinata became the elder daughter of the Hyuga clan head, Hyuga Hiashi, and as the first-born, was the heiress-apparent to the clan's main house. However not much is known about her mother. From the beginning, because of her position as heiress, Hiashi had high expectations for Hinata and subjected her to long arduous hours of grueling training, leaving little time for Hinata to have any free time. Therefore just like Naruto, Hinata didn't have a normal childhood. After she trains with Neji, she sits outside with him. Hinata tells him that she hates taijutsu and is surprised when Neji tells her that it's snowing outside. Hinata then smiles while seeing this.
After the end of another conflict between Kumogakure and Konohagakure, one night, Hinata was kidnapped by a head ninja from Kumogakure, who under the guise of striking a peace treaty with Konoha, had actually been sent there to steal the Byakugan. Her father killed the would-be kidnapper to save her, but Kumo demanded compensation in the form of Hiashi's dead body due to having signed a peace treaty with the village only moments before.
This ultimately resulted in the death of Hinata's uncle, Hyuga Hizashi, who sacrificed himself in order to protect his clan and village. The event is what would be known as the Hyuga Affair. This incident was particularly significant in shaping Hinata's early relationship with her older cousin/surrogate brother, Hyuga Neji. Ironically she would start to call her cousin "Neji-Niisan", but in the English version she calls him "Big Brother Neji".
On a snowy day as she enrolled into the Ninja Academy, Hinata was degraded by three bullies for her Byakugan. The three bullies had give her the nickname Byakugan Monster, which made her cry. However Uzumaki Naruto, who had witnessed the event while sitting on a swing, refused to let them insult her and came to her defense. Since they outnumbered him, the bullies had beaten him up and trampled over his red scarf. Surprised by how much Naruto stood up for someone he didn't know, Hinata thanked him when he regain consciousness and try to give him his scarf back. However he let Hinata have the scarf, and she kept his torn up scarf as a memento of their first meeting. She developed a strong admiration towards Naruto that day onwards, and became one of the few people in the village who didn't reject or shun him.
While being at her uncle's funeral, Hinata saw Neji cry and left the building. That night as she was outside alone by herself, she started to cry. However Naruto who wore a new replacement red scarf, asks her what's she doing out here, and how he's suppose to know when she crys again. He then took her home, and saw how big her home was. However he asks her why she's crying if she lives in a big house, which shock her. As Naruto blushed and he smiled at her. Naruto told her that he was alone and that he never crys. As Hinata sees Naruto waving goodbye to her, she was surprised by this. However Hiashi came outside, and told her for her sake and their families sake that sacrifices had been made. Including that it's about time she learn about other people's feelings. After hearing that Himata thought about Neji again, then she thinks about Naruto and then sees more snow falling. As she started training again, Hinata struggled against her father in their training sessions and her timid personality prevented her from excelling.
Just like Naruto and her other classmates, Hinata also became the student of Umino Iruka. Even after entering the Ninja Academy, Hinata would secretly spy on Naruto's training to see if he can master the Kage Bunshin no technique, despite the fact that Naruto or the other Hyuga clan members never knew that Hinata had been doing this for some time. She would also secretly cheer for Naruto whenever he was paired up to spar with Sasuke in a sparing match. Ironically she would be defended by Naruto when bullies pick on her in class. Due to this she would try to thank Naruto, but would always get interrupted. She would even speak Iruka when they see Naruto laugh with Shikamaru and Choji. Hinata would even dress similar to Naruto, by wearing the same orange vest outfit that he wears, but in her favorite color to show that she cares about him. This admiration of Naruto later grew into a crush despite warnings from her elders to stay away from him. It was during this time that she started to refer to him as "Naruto-kun", but in the English version she refers to him by his first name.
After Hinata gained a brutal beating from a sparing match with Neji, both Hinata's father and grandfather began doubting her potential, especially when Hanabi's own prowess began rivaling Hinata's despite being five years younger. Ultimately, it was decided Hinata and Hanabi would duel to decide the future heir of their clan. While the two sisters began fighting on par with each other, Hinata soon had an opening to win, but hesitated in not wanting to hurt her sister, to which Hanabi quickly counterattacked and won the duel. Ultimately, her frailty disheartened her father, which made Hinata lose her position to Hanabi. As her father chose to focus and develop Hanabi, he left Hinata under Yuhi Kurenai's care and protection, deeming her a lost cause due to her lack of drive.
Hinata's strained relationship with her father caused her to lose more faith in herself and she would often spend her time alone, crying. It wasn't until way after she saw Naruto as a road model that her perception changed drastically. Ever since he rescued her from bullies that disliked her eyes by calling her a monster, Naruto felt similar to her since everyone in the village called him a monster and outcast. On Hinata's part this made her happy that she had found someone that she can relate to, and that is just like her. She eventually saw Naruto's desire to gain attention and his struggle to exceed the low expectations others had for him. Yet in spite of this, Naruto never lost faith in himself or his dream to become Hokage. Surprised by how much Naruto wanted to help, and believing that she too deserved to be acknowledged, Hinata was inspired. Like Naruto, she ultimately decided to try her best to become strong and never give up, so she could become acknowledged as well, including to earn her father's approval.
Hinata is soft-spoken and polite, always addressing people with proper Japanese honorifics. Hinata refers to Hiashi as "Father" and calls Neji "Neji-Niisan" (In the English version, "Big Brother Neji"). Hinata would never use honorifics with her grandfather, and little sister. Ironically she would never address Ko with honorifics either. She refers to Naruto as "Naruto-kun", and calls Sakura "Sakura-san". She refers to her teammates as Kiba-kun and Shino-san. Hinata also calls the Hokage "Lord Hokage, and calls her squad teacher "Kurenai-sensei". Once she becomes an adult, she refers to Sasuke as "Sasuke-kun". In the English version, she doesn't use Japanese honorifics at all.
She is deeply kind, always thinking of others' feelings and well-being instead of her own. She doesn't like to be confrontational for any reason. It is for this reason that Hinata so often comes off as meek or timid to others, as her overwhelming kindness can render her unable to respond or act for fear of offending somebody. Her father's constant push to alter this personality trait when she was younger only made it worse, eroding Hinata's self-confidence and making her even more bashful because she placed so little faith in her own thoughts and opinions. Because of her upbringing, she is the third person who identifies with Naruto's painful childhood and desire to be acknowledged. (With the first being Hiruzen, the second being Iruka, the fourth being Shikamaru and the fifth being Sasuke.)
Hinata's outlook sees a shift after her appointment to Team Kurenai. Whereas her father and much of the Hyuga clan had decided she was a lost cause who would never amount to anything, her team considers her a valuable member with her own special strong points. Yuhi Kurenai recognizes Hinata's difficult upbringing and her struggles to improve, and for that reason she. focuses on Hinata's successes rather than her failures. Inuzuka Kiba is protective of her, wishing to keep her from harm and playfully teasing her about her personality quirks. Aburame Shino though often even quieter than Hinata, is confident in her abilities and will not hesitate to assure others of her competency. When she first joins Team 8, she finds herself over-relying on her team-mates, looking to them in times of difficulty to save her from situations that make her uncomfortable. It is for her team-mates - among other reasons - that Hinata starts seeking to change herself, as she wishes to help the team rather than burden it.
She is especially caring towards her little sister, Hyuga Hanabi, to the point where she was hesitant to hurt her, even during their match to determine the heir to their clan. Two years after the war, when Hanabi was captured by Otsutsuki Toneri, Hinata went to great lengths to save her, such as seemingly agreeing to become Toneri's wife, reluctantly betraying Naruto, and taking back Hanabi's eyes after Naruto defeated Toneri. She even invites Hanabi and her father to her wedding, after she and Naruto had dated for a few months.Hinata's main motivation is Uzumaki Naruto, who she has admire since meeting him. He initially gained her attention because of his outspoken kindness, and then kept her attention because of similarities that Hinata perceived to herself. Naruto had a painful childhood without the love of parents, a fate worse than the mere difficulty she had with her own father. Naruto craves the attention and acknowledgement of anybody, just as Hinata wants to please her father. Hinata lost faith in herself and let others tell her she couldn't succeed, whereas Naruto always believes in himself and knows that he can accomplish any given task if he tries hard enough. She admires him deeply for this courage and over time falls in love with him, which manifests as increased shyness and speechlessness when around him. Although most people understand the reason for Hinata's behavior around Naruto, Naruto himself thinks it's just Hinata's normal, if "weird", personality.
Hinata strives to improve herself in order to benefit her team and to prove herself to her father, but mostly to gain the attention and worthiness of Naruto. She emulates him to this purpose, adopting his nindo of never giving up as the means by which she will change herself. To that end, she stops running from confrontation, instead doing all that she can to face it. If she fails, she gets up again and trains herself to not fail a second time. Hinata initially can only manage to practice this nindo when Naruto is nearby, but even then it is rewarding: she is able to speak her mind to him, for which he decides his view of her as "weird" was incorrect. By the end of Part I, she even displays it when Naruto is not around, for which reason her father's and the Hyuga clan's faith in her is restored and strengthened. By the end of Part I, Hinata was able to foster better relations with both Neji and her father and started training with them, as well as growing closer and stronger together as a family.
In Part II and onwards, Hinata is a fully capable ninja of Konoha, who, like her peers, is comfortable with her opinions, dutiful in combat and on missions, and willing to put her life on the line for her friends and village. During Pain's Invasion on Konoha, Hinata finally confessed her feelings to Naruto and was also willing to risk her life to protect him. Even to the point that she knew that she would lose.
It is because the Allied Shinobi Forces' aim to protect Naruto that she fights in the Fourth Shinobi War, pushing herself more than usual in case it will bring victory and thus assure Naruto's safety. After Neji was killed by Obito; Hinata although she was lamenting over her cousin's death, pulled herself together and prevented the Uchiha from shattering Naruto's spirit by reiterating their shared nindo. When she learned that Naruto was at a near death experience, she tries to be by his side, and when she was trap in the Shinju tree she calls out to Naruto to save her. Her feelings for Naruto and being alongside him have ultimately become her greatest desire, as shown through the Infinite Tsukuyomi. After the war, she and Naruto attends Neji's funeral by standing side by side as they mourn the formers death.
Two years after the war ended, Hinata made a scarf similar to the one Naruto wore when they first met. Therefore she decides to give it to him at the Rinne Festival, however she ran into problems. She found out from Sakura that Naruto has many admires and fan girls that give him gifts, therefore Sakura encourage Hinata to give Naruto the scarf. But Hinata walked away when Naruto misunderstood Sakura's comment of walking her home. While walking with Sakura, Hinata asks her why is she encouraging her so much. When Sakura told her that they need to do their best, this comment made Hinata go to Naruto's apartment to give him the scarf. However when she did try to give him the scarf while being in front of hi apartment, she was surprise upon seeing him wear a light blue striped scarf. Hinata even tells him that the scarf is pretty, but ran off after hearing her stomach growl when Naruto offer her to eat inside his apartment. While being in the park, Hinata was briefly sadden because she thought she had lost her chance to be with Naruto. She even wonder who was the person who gave him the scarf, and wished Naruto nothing but happiness. During her mission to save Hanabi, Hinata tries her hardest to refix the scarf that she made for Naruto, even keeping the scarf in her bookbag.
Ironically, when Naruto began to realize his own true feelings for her, she was oblivious to it like he was to her in which it only took him accidentally confessing it to her, for her to realize it. When Hinata "betrayed" Naruto by "accepting" Toneri's proposal it seemed that she had coldly turned on Naruto, but she was actually deeply hurt by her decision in order to have a better chance to save Hanabi and to stop Toneri. Once she reunited with Naruto, she apologized to him for her earlier act, but Naruto replied that he understood why she had to do it and he himself should be the one to apologize. Upon learning that Naruto knew that she made the scarf for him, she was happy when Naruto said that he'll keep it even in a ruin state. After Naruto defeated Toneri, Hinata finally asks Naruto who made him the scarf that he was wearing earlier. She was shock when Naruto told her that it was his late mother who made him the scarf, after hearing this Hinata felt silly for her misunderstanding.
While leaving the moon together, Naruto proclaimed that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Hinata, the speech made her so happy that it moved her to tears. Upon returning to earth, she shared her very first kiss with Naruto. After several months of dating, Naruto and Hinata got married. Before her wedding she accepted Iruka as her surrogate father since her real father in law is dead. A few months after their wedding, they started a family together with a son and daughter. Despite Naruto not returning home as often as he used to before he became Hokage, Hinata remains supportive of her husband's dream and job. But at times, misses him a lot and wishes for him to be at home. Even though Naruto missed out on their daughter's birthday, Hinata still defends his action due to his job. Hinata continued to love Naruto as she calls him anata and try to save him during Momoshiki's attack. After Momoshiki's attack, Naruto's schedule lessened and he was able to permanently be at home, making Hinata happier once more.
After becoming a mother, Hinata became more mature and gently scolds her kids, having to remind her children not to run outside barefoot when embracing their father. However, she is not above joining in their fun, such as having a snowball fight with them and her husband. Years later she becomes angrily strict and very scary when mad. Just like her husband, who sees Boruto pulling pranks to get his attention. Hinata believes Boruto skipping his classes at the Ninja Academy is a a way for him to get Naruto's attention. Even though she tries to keep Boruto and Himawari happy whenever Naruto doesn't come home. She even reminds Boruto about how important the Hokage title is to their family, and village. However Hinata also knows that Boruto and Naruto are different, despite having the same personality. Hinata has proven to be a protective and kind mother, as she protected Himawari during the attack and refused to let Boruto go with Sasuke on a deadly mission. But she has also shown to be understanding and ultimately chose to believe in her son. Even wishing him to have a great day, whenever he is out on a mission.
AppearanceAs a Hyuga, Hinata possesses the Byakugan, giving her featureless white eyes (the anime depicts them with tinges of lavender). She has dark blue hair that she keeps in a hime-cut of different lengths and fair skin which she inherited from her mother. In Part I, her hair is short, kept just above her forehead with chin-length strands framing her face. In Part II, her hair reaches her lower back and the framing strands grow to shoulder-length. In Naruto Shippuuden movie 7, her hair extends beyond her hips. By adulthood her hair is cut back, usually between Part I and Part II lengths, but it is occasionally seen to be long enough to tie in a ponytail. By Part II, Hinata developed a noticeably womanly figure.
During her early childhood, Hinata would usually wear a light yellow hooded jacket, while wearing a dark pink t-shirt inside of the jacket. Whereas the hood of the light yellow jacket would be light blue along with wearing dark blue pant, and blue sandals. She would also wear a baby blue long sleeve hooded vest with the hood of the vest being light pink, while wearing dark brown pants and blue sandals to complete the outfit. On a snowy day in March when she met Naruto for the very first time during their childhood while they enrolled at the Ninja Academy, Hinata wore a light dark purple long sleeve jacket along with a light green teal yellow stripe scarf, while also wearing a light blue t-shirt inside of her jacket including dark blue pant and blue sandals. When Iruka asked Hinata and her classmates who would be the last person that they would like to spend their last day with if the earth were destroy or if the moon was falling towards earth, Hinata was seen wearing the exact same outfit that Naruto wore when they met Iruka for the first time. Except that her version of the outfit was a light purple hooded vest (with the pocket holders being added to the front of the vest) along with wearing a light blue t-shirt inside the vest. While also wearing dark blue pant and blue sandals.
In Part I, she wore a cream-colored hooded-jacket with a fire symbol on the upper right and left sleeves and fur around the cuffs and hem, with navy blue pants. After earning her genin rank, she wore her Konoha forehead protector around her neck. At the Chunin Exams finals, Hinata wore a long-sleeved, light blue blouse with a high collar, and dark blue pants. While at home, she was seen in the traditional Hyuga garb, consisting of a simple, loose-fitting robe with different colored trimmings, and an under-shirt.
In Part II, Hinata dons a new attire comprised of a loose fitting, long-sleeved, lavender and cream zip-up jacket with lavender cuffs over mesh armour with navy blue pants and black, low-heeled sandals. Although she still wears her forehead protector around her neck, its color has changed from blue to black. During the Fourth Shinobi War, she dons the standard uniform of her village inclusive of flak jacket. Instead of wearing the forehead protector of the Allied Shinobi Forces, she has seemingly opted not to wear one at all.
Two years after the Fourth Shinobi War, Hinata has changed her previous outfit to a slightly more revealing and form-fitting one. She is now seen wearing a light lavender, sleeveless kimono-style blouse with vertical lines, tied with a dark purple obi around her waist. She wears a pair of short dark navy shorts with thigh-high stockings, and has changed her regular ninja sandals to black high-heeled boots. She also no longer wears her forehead protector. While off-duty, she wears a grey long-sleeved shirt underneath a pink shirt, black pants underneath a long cream-colored skirt with pink horizontal stripes, and a pair of brown sandals. She is also seen wearing a lavender hooded-jacket. After Hinata was brainwashed by Toneri during their marriage ceremony, she wore a black long and sleeveless dress with a high collar and matching long gloves. She also wore a black turban with a black and light yellow veil over and yellow crescent moon earrings. When she and Naruto got married, Hinata was wearing a traditional white wedding kimono, her long hair had been done up, and she had been wearing lipstick.
After becoming a mother, her casual attire changes to a maroon jacket with a dark purple shirt and a cream skirt. She also wears a pair of lavender slippers. After Naruto becomes the Seventh Hokage, Hinata dons an outfit that consists of a long-sleeved, collared white shirt, lavender dress, and blue pants. By the time of Himawari's birthday, Hinata wears a light purple short-sleeved jacket with a white shirt underneath, light brown shorts and a pair of purple open-toed boots. In the Boruto manga, Hinata wears a necklace with the Uzumaki symbol on it. She also wears a long light purple shirt, while having it cover over a dark purple dress. Her long sleeve shirt also has a stripe neck caller on top. She also wears short pants and small open toe shoes. However in the anime, she wears her Boruto movie outfit. Along with having two front bangs in her hair.
Hinata's gentle personality hindered her performance in the Hyūga clan's training sessions; her father Hiashi considered her to be too weak and unworthy for the role of heiress. After graduating from the Ninja Academy, she focused on getting stronger by putting more effort into her training, receiving consistent praise from her team for her improving skills and strengthening character. Hinata thus becomes more willing to face major threats for the sake of others, such as when she fights the Deva Path during Pain's Invasion to protect Uzumaki Naruto, which he says proves that she is strong. During the Fourth Shinobi War, she works well with her prodigious cousin, Hyuga Neji, by protecting him on the battlefield just as effectively as he protects her. As an adult, Hinata survived a battle with both Momoshiki and Kinshiki in an attempt to rescue her husband, despite her foes' extreme power.
After the Chunin Exams, Hinata trained harder to become stronger, developing in a way that took advantage of her excellent chakra control. The results of this training are shown in the anime, when she is training beside a waterfall, where she forms an orb of water around herself. She is later shown forming chakra needles that she uses to attack a swarm of bees. Her new-found chakra control can also emit streams of chakra from her palms to create extremely sharp blades, which can be used to hit any target in her field of vision. Due to her excellent chakra control, Hinata can freely manipulate the size and strength of the chakra blades, effectively allowing her to use this technique to attack and defend. In Part II of the anime, her chakra control has advanced enough to at least match a medical-nin, being one of four ninja selected to perform the Four-Corner Sealing Barrier to seal the Three-Tails. Ino, although trained as a medical-nin, had difficulty maintaining and controlling her chakra to sustain the seal, while Hinata managed with relative ease.
As a member of the main family of the Hyuga clan, Hinata inherited powerful chakra directly from Otsutsuki Hamura. The strength and purity of this chakra is what drew Toneri to her. When she met Hamura on the moon, he transferred his power and will to her to make her strong enough to destroy the Tenseigan, turning the chakra color from blue to purple. However Hinata's techniques weren't powerful enough alone to destroy the Tenseigan, requiring her to team up with Naruto to destroy it. She also learned to transfer her chakra to others, making them immune to the effects of Toneri's Puppet-Cursing Sphere. Hinata's chakra reserves grew considerably, being able to instantly recharge a drained Naruto with no signs of exhaustion. After further adjusting to Hamura's chakra, Hinata gained the ability to fly from the chakra.
As a Hyuga, Hinata possesses the Byakugan, a dojutsu that grants her penetrative vision in a near-360° around herself. With it, she is able to assist the other members of Team Kurenai in their frequent tracking duties. Such as scouting the area for their target(s); by focusing her vision in a single direction. Hinata can see across vast distances, reaching as far away as 20 kilometres in Naruto Shippuuden movie 7. Hinata's Byakugan grants her attacks pinpoint accuracy, which she can share with others to also improve their own. She can also use it in order to identify genjutsu, searching for the caster in the nearby area. In the anime, Hinata's is shown to be able to use telescopic and infrared vision.
With the Byakugan's ability to see opponent's chakra pathway system, Hinata specialises in the Hyuga's signature Gentle Fist taijutsu style. It allows her to surgically inject chakra into an opponent's chakra network to cause severe internal trauma with minimal contact. Before she was even a genin, Hinata's skills impressed her fellow clan members, but her father originally considered her weaker than Hanabi, partly due to her unwillingness to hurt her younger sister in their duel. However in the anime after Tsunade became Hokage, Hiashi trusted Hinata to begin Senbon Sparring: an elaborate Hyuga ritual where one must spar nearly one thousand times in succession. She could even use the Gentle Fist to relocate Naruto's dislocated shoulder. By the time she reached adulthood, Hinata had become a master of the Gentle Fist fighting style.
By Part II, Hinata's taijutsu skills improved immensely, and she displays more of her clan's secret techniques. She could use the Eight Trigrams Vacuum Palm to attack targets from a distance, deflect incoming attacks, or together with another user for greater power. In the anime, she learned a halved version of the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms, the latter of which she used successfully during the Fourth Shinobi War. Hinata also developed the Gentle Step Twin Lion Fists, able to drain an opponent's chakra network with a single touch. She can even combine this technique with the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms. Two years later, Hinata could defeat some of Toneri's puppets and somewhat pressure a hesitant Naruto while controlled by Toneri. She also created the stronger Eight Trigrams: Twin Lions Crumbling Attack after receiving Hamura's chakra, which could destroy the Tenseigan when combined with Naruto's Rasengan.
Hinata also improved her natural flexibility, creating the Protecting Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms, which utilises her excellent natural flexibility and coordination to both attack and defend at the same time. In Part II of the anime, she also dodged most of Nurari's attacks, despite the latter's elastic body. She also has fast reflexes, narrowly evading Neji by spinning out of the way when they nearly bumped into each other around a corner, surprising her cousin. In the anime, during Tenten's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, the Genjutsu World version of Hinata can use the Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven.
Hinata has some medical knowledge, being able to make a special ointment to assist with healing wounds. Also, Hinata is capable of using her Byakugan and Gentle Fist for medical purposes, as seen when she relocated Naruto's shoulder in the Fourth Shinobi War. In the anime, Hinata is shown able to use medical ninjutsu, witnessed from her use of the Mystical Palm Technique to heal the injured citizens of the Hacho Village.
Hinata doesn't usually use standard ninjutsu, but by the Fourth Shinobi War, her nature transformations include: Fire and Lightning Release.
Like her team-mates, she is a skilled tracker. She regularly uses this skill alongside her Byakugan to expand her study of the area. Hinata is also fairly intelligent, as she was able to answer most of the questions on the written portion of the Chunin Exams without being shown cheating. In the anime, Hinata was noted by Naruto to be excellent at cooking. She also is very skilled in knitting. In the anime during Tenten's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, the Genjutsu World version of Hinata can use the Shadow Clone Technique.
Naruto (Part I)
Hinata was first seen when her class was doing the Transformation Technique, she was seen blushing while roofing for Uzumaki Naruto to do his best. While she pass her exam, she was sad that Naruto fail his along with hearing how two woman spoke coldly about him, which made her even more sad as she looked at him sitting on a swing. Then she was seen along with the graduating class, including Naruto. Hinata was happy that Naruto was able to graduate. She silently hoped that she would be on the same team with Naruto though it was not predicted, much to her disappointment. However, she obeyed being allocated to Team Kurenai along with Inuzuka Kiba and Aburame Shino. Hinata was then seen with her teammates and the rest of the Rookie Nine, while waiting for Kurenai to come pick her up from the Ninja Academy. Later on, Kurenai reports this to Hinata's father, Hyuga Hiashi, but he is unconcerned and in fact abandons Hinata to Kurenai's care, feeling she is unworthy of the Hyuga clan. Hinata had eavesdrop on the conversation, which made her sad even.
Chunin Exam arc
Despite how recently they graduated from the Ninja Academy, Kurenai enters Team 8 in the Chunin Exams being held in Konoha; Hinata agrees to participate because she wants to change herself. For the exams' first stage, Hinata is seated next to Naruto as they take a written test. The objective in the first stage is to cheat off of other examinee's paper without getting caught, but Naruto doesn't realize this and agonizes about potentially failing. Seeing this, Hinata offers to let him copy off of her paper. He suspects she's trying to trick him, but she assures him that she only wants to be helpful. Although he considers taking her up on her offer, Naruto ultimately declines, fearing that he'll get her disqualified if they're caught and claiming that, besides, he isn't the type to cheat. Although Naruto is given the opportunity to forfeit, he refuses to do so, and for his determination, he passes the first stage along with Hinata and their teams.
In the second part of the exam, during the Forest of Death, she and her team-mates quickly managed to get their scroll, becoming one of the first genin teams to do so in that exam. When Kiba and Akamaru smelled a second target, they witnessed the Sand Siblings' confrontation with a team of Ame genin. After Gaara killed the Amegakure genin, they hid behind a bush, hoping not to be caught and killed.
In the preliminaries, She saw Naruto's match with Kiba and secretly rooted for Him. She proved Kiba wrong saying that Naruto is not weak, and has a lot of confidence/determernation to win. After Naruto's confidence inlighted everyone in the room,she was happy that Naruto won his match with Kiba.She then gave Kiba and Akamaru before they carry off by the medical-nin ninja. Kiba worned Hinata to withdrawn if she had to face Gaara, or Neji. It was shown on screen that Hinata had to face her much stronger cousin, Neji, in combat. She almost broke down and gave up after Neji berated her on being a failure that could never change. This angered Naruto, and he encouraged Hinata, giving her the strength to fight her cousin.
Despite being outmatched and having her chakra cut off, she continued to fight. Neji was surprised when she refused to give up, even becoming enraged when she accused him of being the weak one who fights what he is. He charged at her, but the jōnin in attendance restrained him before he could kill her. When Hinata was taken away to the emergency room, Naruto dipped his fingers in her blood and vowed to defeat Neji. Later, despite her losse, when confronted by her family at the foolishness of choosing to fight Neji. Hinata strongly voiced her conviction in what she did, while not being ashamed and determined to better herself. She admits that she fought Neji, because she wants to be more like Naruto.
A month later, Naruto, while being concerned that he would be unable to defeat Neji despite his vow, ran into Hinata. When he began to doubt himself, she told him that he never gave up, which was something she admired, and that she had become more confident after he cheered for her. This gave Naruto the strength and drive to go face Neji. She later watches his match with Neji but, due to the injuries she received from Neji not being fully healed, Hinata passed out during the match. Kiba gets her medical attention from Kabuto Yakushi, who was disguised as an ANBU. She is healed, but remains unconscious and doesn't see Naruto defeat Neji.
Invasion of Konoha arc
In the anime, when the invasion of Konoha begins, the still-unconscious Hinata is kidnapped by Kumo-nin. She is rescued by Neji, who has had a change of perspective as a result of his loss to Naruto. Later Hinata can be seen at the Third Hokage's funeral mourning his death.
Search for Tsunade arc
In Part II, Hinata remembers the time that Neji protected her when they were younger: Neji was left in charge of Hinata's training as her father Hiashi had left the village on other duties. During the grueling training, Hinata's eyesight would become severely strained and she was put on bed-rest by a doctor in order to recover. Not wanting Hinata to miss the fireworks that she had made plans to attend with Team Kakashi, Neji went to seek out the Eye Medicine Plant that was fabled to grow in the Valley of Judgement, despite being advised against it. Accompanied by Naruto and Sakura, they made their way to the valley, where they were beset upon by humanoid creatures, without faces. Though they initially put up a valiant effort to stave them off, it was becoming increasingly apparent that it would become a battle of attrition until Might Guy and Kakashi make a surprise appearance and send the creatures scurrying away. After explaining why they were there, Kakashi noted that the search for the plant was futile and that they returned to the village. Later, during the fireworks display, Hinata sat on her veranda for the display. In present time, she would reveal to Neji that Naruto and Sakura had told her the lengths he went through to help her, and had always wanted to thank him.
Sasuke Retrieval arc
According to Kiba, Hinata visited Naruto while he was in the hospital after his failed attempt to stop Sasuke from defecting from Konoha. When she saw how badly hurt he was, she immediately fainted.
Pre-Shippuuden Filler arc
In the filler arcs, Hinata received more screen-time than many other members of the Konoha 11. In the Mizuki Strike back arc, Hinata serves drinks to Neji and Hiashi while they train together. She was seen Training with her sensei and teammates.
In the Search for the Bikochu Arc, Team Kurenai and Naruto are sent to capture a bikōchū beetle that could track Uchiha Sasuke's scent — a mission that Hinata had insisted on. During the mission she develops her Protection of the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms, and managed to save Naruto and the rest of Team 8 by using it against hostile bug-users. During the episode, Naruto came across a naked silhouette Hinata, training in a waterfall at night. Naruto, being oblivious, didn't realise that it was her, and talked to Kiba about how he saw a "beautiful girl" at the waterfall the next day, embarrassing her greatly. When they are attacked by members of the Kamizuru clan, Hinata uses her new Protecting Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms to save her team. Although they ultimately fail in their plan to use the bikōchū to find Sasuke, their near-success earns praise from Hinata's father, Hiashi.
In Bounty Hunter Arc, she accompanied Naruto and Kiba to catch a thief, but because someone else caught him (albeit with their help), the mission was considered a failure.
As a result of these two failures, Hinata, Naruto, and Kiba were threatened with being returned to the Ninja Academy if they did not succeed in finding hidden treasure. The group went to visit the Ninja Academy before going on their mission, and Iruka meet up with them. He asksed them if they missed the old days of being students at the Ninja Academy, this scared them greatly. With Naruto responseing that he doesn't want to even come back to the Ninja Academy ever again. The group initially had difficulty working together due to friction between Naruto and Kiba. When they were captured by a group of ninja that could perfectly transform into copies of others, it was up to Hinata to save them and scare them away. She was unable to pursue them because of a leg injury, so Naruto and Kiba did so for her. Hinata later returned, and mistakenly attacked Naruto after he absent-mindedly put down the chest, which had distinguished him from the impostor.
In the Land of Vegetables Arc, Hinata, Naruto and Choji are sent to the Land of Vegetables to escort some merchants. A princess, Haruna, is embedded with the merchants, leading to an attack by the Janin. Hinata is tasked with guarding Haruna. She even managed to defeat a powerful ninja, Jiga, although she nearly sacrificed her life in doing so.
In the Cursed Castle Arc, Hinata, Naruto, and Kiba are sent to the Land of Honey to search for the missing Kayo. When they start to notice something strange about the castle they're search, Hinata uses her Byakugan to discover that the castle is alive. It turns out that the castle was actually a summoned chameleon in disguise, to save a diamyo's wife.
In Naruto episode 158, the Ninja Academy Students were divided into teams of three and were assigned to a genin who would lead them on a mission against the other teams. Hinata was assigned to lead a team of three Ninja Academy students; Nobori, Daichi and Matsuri. Her time with them was not covered much except that she was good at setting up camp and was doing better than Naruto.
In the anime, Hinata and the Konoha 11 are sent to help the Three Sand Siblings defeat the Four Celestial Symbols Men. Shikamaru Nara, their team leader, assigns Neji, Hinata, and Shino to clear out the areas.
Throughout the filler arcs, and as was seen at the end of the Part I, Neji also got along well with her. The two spar with each other, with Neji caring about her well-being. To her surprise Neji tells her that Naruto is leaving the village to train with Jiraya for two years. Therefore Neji encourages her to see Naruto off before it's too late. When Naruto left to train with Jiraiya, she watched him leave, but was unable to bring herself to say goodbye to him. As he left, she vowed to become stronger, and to work very hard just like him.
Two years after Naruto left the village to train with Jiraiya, Konohagakure decided to host an early Chunin Exam alongside Sunagakure. Once entering the exams, Hinata and her team-mates were randomly split up and sent to different rooms to take the written test. On a monitor, Shikamaru, as proctor, explained that everyone only needs to answer one question on the test, but their combined score with their team-mates will determine if they pass or fail the exam as they need exactly 100 points to pass. As Neji, who was in the same room as Hinata, calmly assessed the situation, he realized the truth. He then had Hinata perform the Eight Trigrams Vacuum Palm with him to explain it.
After Neji pointed out that sending a specific amount of vibrations (five) through the walls, their team members could catch on and know to answer the question worth 50 points. After time is up, Shikamaru reveals a bonus question, asking which team-mate would be sacrificed to be the decoy to which the answer must be unanimous. Hinata, along with her team, didn't answer as they value their friendship too much. Ultimately, they were allowed to move on because leaving the answer blank was correct as all members of a team would be needed for the second round. However, because there were more participants than expected, a preliminary round had to be issued which involved a race to Sunagakure where the official second round will be, and only the first 30 participants will be allowed entry.
Ultimately, Hinata and her team made it to Sunagakure and qualified for the second round. The following night, as all the participants were ready to eat a largely-prepared dinner, everyone grew nervous about the overly-sweaty Burami ruining the food. To which, the genin all quickly tried to keep him away from spreading his sweat, which resulted in Neji using his Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven an accidently destroying the food. As tension grew between everyone over the recent event, an all-out brawl began. Ultimately, the late arrival of Fu with her out-spoken desire to make friends and play games caused everyone to lose their desire to fight. The following day, the second exam began. Like the last exam in Konogakure, the teams were each given either a heaven or earth scroll and were required to within three days to obtain a matching set. They were then required to bring the set to main building in the center of the Demon Desert.
Once the second round begin, Hinata and her teammates were seen jumping into their location to begin the second round. Following a simple plan by Kiba, Team Kurenai began talking loudly for all to hear, waiting for someone with a Heaven scroll to come after them. Ultimately, the Kusa-nin team came after them. Hinata faced off with Kazami, using her Gentle Fist techniques to repel his wind attacks. Ultimately, the enemies got Team Kurenai's Earth scroll and retreated. While escaping Hinata's sight and blocking Kiba's smell respectively, Shino set one of his female insects on the enemy to track. While pursuing the enemy, Hinata and her teammates fell into a quicksand pit. Akamaru, however, was able to use his Dynamic Marking to solidify the sand enough for the team to escape. Once recovering, Team Kurenai resumed their pursuit of the enemy.
As Kiba and Akamaru continued following the scent, they soon found it multiplied and scattered throughout the area. When Shino's bugs failed to find the enemies as well and suggested going after other enemy scrolls, Kiba, finding to his annoyance thinking about Naruto again, became determined not to fail. Then realizing that Burami's scent was his clothes from their earlier scuffle, Kiba used it to find the real enemy. While back on the trail again, the enemies ambushed Team Kurenai. While initially overwhelmed, the team swapped out of the predicament with Shino's insect clones, allowing them to regroup. Seeing through the enemies' tactics, Team Kurenai quickly pressured the Kuso-nin before Kiba finished them off with his Three-Headed Wolf technique, earning Team Kurenai a Heaven and Earth scroll. Later, Team Kurenai was caught in a massive sandstorm. Ultimately, her team was rescued by the Suna-nin proctors, and brought to a building to wait out the storm before resuming the exams.
After the storm passed and the second exam was concluded, it was learned that the Chunin Exams were ended early due to controversy happening in the second exam. Instead, it was decided by Gaara that a report on each participant would be sent to their respective village leader for them to decide if they would be promoted. Upon returning to the village, Hinata's team was all promoted to from genin to chunin status by Tsunade. Now happy that she's a chunin, Hinata happily wonder what kind of training Naruto is doing right now, which surprised Sakura overall.
Naruto Shippuuden (Part II)
Sasuke and Sai arc
In Part II, she had attained the rank of chūnin, and was still part of Team 8, renamed Team Kurenai. When Naruto greeted her, she passed out, overcome by the prospect of meeting him for the first time in two and a half years.
In the anime, just when she regained her consciousness, Naruto came to her and asked, very vaguely, to come with him on his mission, telling her "don't say a word and come with me". Hinata misinterpreted the words and promptly passed out again. After this, Hinata asked Kiba if she seemed more grown-up, in the hopes of impressing Naruto. Kiba jokingly teased her, by saying she was still as silly as ever, and then told her that Naruto was behind her, surprising and upsetting her when she discovered it was a lie.
Hidan and Kakuzu arc
In the anime, she can be seen at Asuma's funeral. Later, she can be seen by a river with her team-mates, she's overjoyed to hear that Naruto is working so hard to hone his new technique. She is then reprimanded by Kiba who teases her about why she's blushing, causing her to back away with embarrassment. later Hinata and Neji heard from Ino about how much stronger Naruto had become in facing the Akatsuki by using his Rasen Shuriken Technique, and began inspiring everyone to follow from his example. Hanabi was amazed to watch Hinata do just that, mastering more advanced Hyuga techniques all in the effort of keeping up with Naruto.
Three Tails arc
Tsunade finds the location of Orochimaru's hideout and sent Kakashi along with Team Kurenai to see it. They get into a fight with Guren and Shino sends back one of his crystallised bugs. Then Tsunade sends Yamato, Sai, and Sakura to help them along with Naruto who meets them along the way. Team Kakashi and Kurenai follow Guren and discover that the thing they were after was the Three-Tails. Shizune, Ino, Tenten and Lee are assembled to help with the hunt for the Three-Tails. They all meet up and split into to groups to seal the tailed beast in its own dimension and get Yūkimaru. The Sealing group,Team Three is Shizune, Hinata, Sakura, and Ino. The Guarding group,Team Two is Yamato, Tenten, Kiba, and Lee, while Team One the Fighting group is Naruto, Kakashi, Sai, and Shino.
Team Three tried to use Four-Corner Sealing Barrier to permanently trap the beast in its own dimension. Just as the sealing began to work, the Konoha ninja were interrupted by Guren, which prompted the beast to attack them all. Yūkimaru was able to calm the beast down temporarily, but, after he became tired, the Three-Tails turned its attention to him. Guren and Naruto came to his defense, but were swallowed in the process. With the help of their allies on the outside, they were able to escape, and the Konoha ninja tried once more to seal the beast.
Just when the sealing was almost complete, Yūkimaru, angered by the apparent death of Guren, empowered the beast to break free of its restraints. The Three-Tails went on a rampage, attacking everyone nearby and crushing Nurari, Kigiri, and Kihō. Its attempts to attack Yūkimaru, however, had no effect. It was only through the use of the Wind Release: Toad Oil Flame Bullet that the beast was driven away. The sealing attempt was left to ANBU members, and the remaining Konoha ninja returned home.
Itachi Pursuit arc
Team 8 was recruited to help Team 7 find Itachi or Sasuke. They split up to try and find his trail, and Hinata was added to Naruto's group. They were soon confronted by Kabuto Yakushi and Hinata used her Byakugan to see that one-third of Kabuto had been taken over by Orochimaru's remains. Later, when the squad regrouped, they came across Tobi, who appeared to be blocking their path to Sasuke. During the battle that followed, Hinata took the role of stationary scout, using her Byakugan to follow Tobi's chakra signal. When Tobi left after receiving word that Sasuke had killed Itachi, Kakashi instructed Hinata to locate the site of their battle. They tried to reach it before Tobi, but were too late and forced to return home.
Tsuchigumo Kinjutsu arc
After the mission to locate Itachi failed, she and the rest of the Eight Man Squad were intercepted by Katsuyu, informing Team Yamato of a new mission. The two groups departed with Hinata, her team-mates, and Kakashi returning to Konoha. Hinata is later seen in a flashback by Naruto.
Invasion of Pain arc
During the beginning of the assault of the village, Hinata was with her team-mates, watching the disaster. They later separated with Shino and Kiba going to find their parents.
After Pain destroyed the village, Hinata emerged from the rubble without any major injuries along with her bodyguard, Hyuga Ko. As Ko was not so fortunate, Hinata tried to find him medical attention, but he refused as his only concern was her safety. Once realizing that Naruto was fighting Pain all by himself, she attempted to run to his side, but was stopped by Ko, who warned her she'd only be a burden. Just as she seemingly accepted Ko's words, Naruto was pinned down by Pain. She decided to intervene, despite knowing she did not have the ability to defeat him. When Naruto asked why she would throw away her life, she responded that it was because she loved him, which greatly shocked him.
In the anime, she was able to remove a few of the Chakra Disruption Blades that were on Naruto and even land a blow against the Deva Path. While he did eventually subdue her with Shinra Tensei, he was puzzled why she was willing to fight despite being weakened by his blow. Hinata, crawling near Naruto and still attempting to remove the chakra blade from him, replied by echoing Naruto's words: it is her nindo way. With that response, the Deva Path stabbed her with one of his chakra blades. Enraged, Naruto slipped into his six-tailed form, while a barely conscious Hinata looked on.
As the battle between Naruto and Pain raged on, Team Maito Gai arrived at Hinata's side, and rushed her away from the battlefield and to Sakura's side. When her wounds were healed, Hinata expressed relief over news that Naruto had defeated Pain. When Naruto came back to the village, she shed tears of joy that he was all-right, and was seen later on smiling as the villagers celebrated Naruto's victory.
Konoha History arc
Hinata is first seen in class when Naruto pulls a prank on Iruka. But instead of scolding him, Iruka tells Naruto sit in his seat, remembering the advice given to him from Daikoku. Hinata is seen reading a textbook, and stops reading it for a second. She was also seen when Iruka was about to scold Naruto for sleeping in class, and watches Naruto pull another prank on him. Hinata was next seen when Sasuke did the Kage Bunshin No technique. She watches Naruto trying to fight the real Sasuke, but ends up fighting his clones.She was surprise when Naruto try to do the technique, but failed with everyone laughing at him. She and Iruka were the only two who didn't laugh at Naruto, after he did the clone technique. Shino admit that Sasuke was better at the technique than Naruto, and Hibiki also admitted it. This made Naruto angry, and he was about to fight the bullies. When seeing Naruto being bullied by the other students because of his failed attempts to be better than Sasuke, Iruka tells them not to bother a kid like him. This made Naruto upset, but deep down inside, Naruto believed that Iruka would accept him as a ninja. Hinata then walked back to class with her class. Later that same night, she watched Naruto practing the clone technique. The next day, Hinata watches Iruka pick Shino to do the shuriken technique, and Naruto gets scared seeing insects come out of Shino's body. Iruka then picks Sasuke, with Sakuara and Ino happily cheers for him. This makes Naruto angry at Sasuke for being popular. She watched Sasuke doing the Shuriken technique, and was amaze. She then watched Naruto do the shuriken technique, and was quiet when everyone laugh at him when he miss all three logs. The next day, Naruto learns that Sasuke is the only surviving member Uchiha clan.
The next day, Naruto is absent in class, and Iruka asks if anyone seen him. Hinata was seen when Iruka asked Kiba if he seen Naruto. She is lastly seen when Iruka tell them that they will have study hall, which confused her. Iruka only lie so he can find Naruto in the back hills.
In the present, Hinata was seen healing her caretaker, and says that she has always admire Naruto.
Five Kage Summit arc
Hinata and the rest of the Konoha 11, minus Team Kakashi, decided that, in light of Sasuke's criminal actions, they should personally eliminate him before he can involve Konoha in a war. After Naruto was informed of their intentions and met with Sasuke, he told them to leave Sasuke to him. As several of the members voiced their discontentment with this as they feared that Sasuke's actions would incite a war, Hinata watched on as Naruto once again firmly stated that he would handle Sasuke and also tell them everything when the time was right. She eventually took Naruto's side after hearing this.
In the anime, Hinata had a conversation with Shikamaru about Naruto when he was in his six-tailed form. She stated that Naruto transformed in order to protect her, but was concerned about his display of intense rage and loss of control.
Adventures at Sea arc
At a meeting held by the Hyuga clan regarding the impending war, Neji is appointed as the commander of the clan on the frontlines by Hiashi which shocked some of the members. Hinata meets with Kurenai and is told that several members of the Konoha 11 have encountered Naruto while he travels to the Land of Lightning. When Hinata is summoned to a meeting with the Fifth Hokage, Hinata is hopeful that she will also get sent on such a mission. After much searching for where exactly the Hokage is, Hinata is disappointed to learn that the Hokage only wants to discuss Neji's selection to lead the Hyūga during the approaching Fourth Shinobi War. She is later invited to Yakiniku Q to have dinner with other girls in her age group. The dinner's conversation turns to Naruto, during which Hinata realises that she doesn't need to go on a mission with Naruto to be able to help him. Hinata and the group say goodbye to Tsunade and Shizune before going their separate ways. The next day during her training with Neji she tells him that she bore no ill will towards him for her father's decision and that he was the right person to lead them in the war.
The rest of Konoha 11 arrive to help when the Nine-Tailed Naruto clone tries to attack Dokku and the orphans. While Guy and Lee fights the Nine-Tails and rest the Konoha 11 fights Kabuto, the worried Hinata rushes towards Naruto and let him lay his head down on her. When Hinata healed Naruto, the Nine-Tails Naruto clone comes to absorb Naruto's chakra. Hinata then stands up and tries to defend Naruto but is sent flying as Neji catches her in his arms. She later joined her comrades in battling Kabuto Yakushi's reincarnated shinobi.
Fourth Shinobi War arc
Hinata was later assigned to the Second Division of the Allied Shinobi Forces alongside Neji, Kurotsuchi and Karui. She commented that she was a little nervous, while Karui told her that war was nothing to worry about. However, she instantly noted that many ninja didn't trust each other due to years of being each other's enemies which worried her.
Hinata's division was deployed to an area where the White Zetsu Army was discovered travelling underground. When Kurotsuchi and Kitsuchi used their technique to unearth the army of Zetsu, she and Hyuga Neji attacked them simultaneously with the Eight Trigrams Vacuum Wall Palm. Later during the battle, Hinata saved Neji from an attack by a White Zetsu clone.
At the end of the first day of battle, after Neji collapsed from fatigue, Hinata took his place alongside Aburame Shino. When Shino told her not to overexert herself as he already had his kikaichu scattered around to help detect the enemy. Hinata thanked him, and thinking about Naruto. She resolutely told him that failure was not an option as this was a war to protect Naruto.
In the anime, she, Shino and Inuzuka Kiba were sent to investigate a suspected breach of the Allied Shinobi Forces perimeter and encountered a cave filled with enemy White Zetsu Army forces. Engaging the forces, Hinata sent out a messenger owl to the Sealing Team and she alongside, Shino, Kiba, and Akamaru, hold off the opposition until the team can arrive and seal the cave. When the two members of the sealing team arrived, they immediately began the process to seal the cave, however, as Team Kurenai escapes, the White Zetsu clones follow, forcing Kiba to attack them. In the process, a lamp was overturned and it lit a trail of oil leading to several crates of explosive tags. With Akamaru unable to douse the flames, the crates exploded with Hinata knocked out as a surviving White Zetsu clone absorbed her to pose as her. After Shino and Kiba snuffed the imposter out, her team-mates found her. Discussing what had transpired, the team's drive to destroy the enemy was renewed after they realized that the enemy had been using Yamato to gain personal intel on them, with Hinata shocked that their foes know of her feelings for Naruto.The next morning, Hinata's division resumed battling the White Zetsu Army clones. While fighting, she was attacked by three White Zetsu Army clones transformed into Kumo-nin simultaneously, but their attack was intercepted by one of Uzumaki Naruto's shadow clones. After Kiba, Akamaru, Shino and Neji arrived on the scene, Neji demanded that Naruto proved who he is, but Hinata told them that if they looked into his eyes, they would know that he was in fact Naruto. Hinata apologizes to Naruto for the suspicion he's receiving. While also lamenting the fact that though she wanted to protect Naruto, he ended up saving her instead. However, Naruto saw her sorrow and reassured her that she was very strong. Naruto also tells her that he's merely returning the favour for all the times in the past she's helped him, which she silently thanked him for. The team then mobilised to finish off the rest of the enemies.
After being informed by Inoichi from headquarters that Naruto and Killer B were fighting the "masked Madara", Hinata and the rest of the Konoha 11 rushed to his aid. As she ran alongside Neji, she thought of Naruto and asked him to wait for her, and that instead of running after him, she'd be walking with him, hand-in-hand, once the war had ended.
Finally arriving at the battlefield, Hinata guided Yamanaka Ino as she used the Mind Body Switch Technique to take control of Uchiha Obito, and sent the would-be fatal attack off-course. Hinata then immediately asked Naruto whether or not he was okay, and later stood with the rest of the Allied Shinobi Forces as they faced their opposition.Joining her father and cousin on the front-lines, Hinata declared that they would protect Naruto no matter what as he was the key to the final strategy Shikaku imparted to them to stop the Ten-Tails. As several projectiles flew towards them, Hinata used the Eight Trigrams Vacuum Palm to deflect them and watched on as her father later deflected one of the Ten-Tails' arms. When the beast decided to use a pinpoint attack on Naruto, Hinata realised that she would not be able to deflect it in time and was prepared to lie down her life a human shield. However, she found herself protected by Neji as he intercepted the fatal attack. Devastated, as her cousin fell on the battlefield, Hinata openly cried, as he imparted his final words to them and passed away.
Naruto is disheartened by the deaths of Neji and others in the Alliance. Hinata also sees that Naruto is showing signs of giving up. After Obito attempted to shatter Uzumaki Naruto's belief in himself, Hinata reaffirmed Naruto's ninja way by telling him that if his life was connected with everyone who shared his beliefs, then they will sacrificed themselves for him like Neji had. She also tells him that even though Neji may be dead, he will live on in their hearts. Hinata also tells Naruto that he should never stop believing in himself, and not to make their sacrifices be in vain. She also says that Naruto must stay true to the creed he has been using for so long and that she has long since adopted for herself: to not give up. With her words reaching him. Naruto thanked her for staying by his side, and took her hand before entering Tailed Beast Mode. The chakra of which also surrounded Hinata. With this, Naruto prepared to face the opposition again, and signalled to Hinata to get ready.Amazed by the chakra that had surrounded her, and even further by the fact that Naruto was actually handling such chakra, Hinata later used the Eight Trigrams Vacuum Palm to deflect one of the beast's tails which was headed towards her — a feat which amazed her father who was awed that the simple form of the technique had produced such a powerful effect. She then turned to see Lee mourning Neji's death and listened on as Obito attempted to decry their beliefs to no avail.
Charging towards the opposition alongside the others, Hinata used her Gentle Fist to fix Naruto's dislocated shoulder joint so that he could throw his Rasenshuriken. When the protective shroud given to her and the other shinobi disappeared after protecting them from several attacks including the Tenpenchii, Hinata led the other shinobi to form a defensive line in front of Naruto while he was being healed by Haruno Sakura. She later watched on as the Ten-Tails prepared to attack the division with yet another Tailed Beast Ball which they are saved from by the arrival of Naruto's reincarnated father, Namikaze Minato, on the battlefield.
Following Kiba's proclamation that they were joining the fight after witnessing Team Kakashi's actions, Hinata attacked a mini-clone of the Ten-Tails with Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms. For a moment however, she stumbled after executing only thirty-two strikes, leading her to think that she was at her limit and would not be able to complete the sixty-four strikes. She then recalled Naruto's determination, and Neji's instructions, and found the determination to finish the sixty-four strikes, therefore completing the technique. Afterwards, Hinata prepared her Gentle Step Twin Lion Fists to attack them with and declared her intent and determination to make it through the battle and to forever be by Naruto's side when it ends. She later watched on as the main body of the beast was attacked by Naruto and Uchiha Sasuke, and silently spurred them on. She later watched with her Byakugan as the battle against Obito waged on, and reported to Sakura and those around her, the progress of the battle.
With the situation looking grim as the Alliance was trapped in a barrier with a Tailed Beast Ball-firing the tree, Hinata and the other shinobi soon found themselves shrouded in the previous Version 1 mantles again. He and the others subsequently found themselves on the outside of the barrier, escaping the near-fatal attack thanks to Naruto and Minato's action. She then tried to explain what had happened when an irate Kiba cursed that Naruto could achieve such a feat.
As Obito unleashes the final form of the Ten-Tails, the Shinju, its branches begin decimating the battlefield and absorbing the chakra of countless ninja, killing them. Senju Hashirama has Ino link telepathically to everyone and to rally them. While Hashirama's words fail to inspire anyone, Naruto's senjutsu-enhanced Tailed Beast Mode combined with Ino's telepathy causes his emotions and personal memories to be transferred to everyone. Hinata sympathises with Naruto over the loss of Neji and later watches on in worry as Naruto joins Sasuke on the battlefield. She later looked on as Nara Shikamaru was resuscitated as a result of the combined efforts of Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke. She noted that she wanted to continue to walk beside Naruto so she would continue to give it her all. She later mobilised alongside her comrades and was shocked when Naruto's Tailed Beast Mode mantle surrounded them when they enter Kurama's tails. Using this form and the Rasengan Naruto created, they were able to break through Obito's defences and create an opening for Naruto and Sasuke to attack them. Afterwards, she and her comrades assisted Naruto with extracting the tailed beasts' chakra from within Obito in order to stop the Shinju from blooming.
Though Obito was defeated, Hinata and the rest of the Alliance were assaulted by Spiral Zetsu. As the Alliance struggled against the new threat, Kiba and Ino sensed Naruto's presence on their battlefield. Activating her Byakugan, only to discover to her horror that Naruto was in critical condition with his heartbeat slowly becoming weaker. Rushing to his aid, an exhausted Hinata tripped and fell, all the while worried about Naruto's condition, silently pleaded to Neji to protect him.
Later, when Uchiha Madara finally succeeded with the activation of the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Much like the rest of the world, Hinata fell under the genjutsu's power. As she was being wrapped up by the Shinju's roots, the still-conscious Hinata mentally called out for Naruto. Which he felt, and immediately tried to go save her but was stopped by Sauske. Hinata then became a victim to Madara's genjutsu. Inside the genjutsu, Hinata dreams of being loving couple with Naruto while Hanabi and a still-alive Neji watch from afar.
After Naruto was able to defeat and reform Sasuke, Hinata and everyone else were released from the Infinite Tsukuyomi which ended the war. She later attended Neji's funeral alongside Naruto and the rest of the Konohagakure shinobi. With Hinata and Naruto paying their respects at the mass funeral. Hinata is also seen crying at the funeral.
Nearly a year after the end of the Fourth Shinobi War. While Shikamaru is on a mission at the Blood Prison, Tsunade sends Hinata and the rest of the Konoha 11, except for Naruto to help Shikamaru with his mission. With the mission being a success, she returns home. Four months after Kakashi officially became the Sixth Hokage, Hinata, along with Sakura and Ino, were one of the many who kept interrupting Kakashi from reading the letter he received from Kahyo. After discovering that it was Naruto who had been badly misinforming the villagers by openly publicising his fantasies about Kakashi's feelings for Kahyo, Kakashi hit Naruto in anger for his prank, but Hinata immediately helped Naruto up and pretends to scold the Hokage.
After the Fourth Shinobi War ended two years ago, it is shown in an omake-manga titled "After the Last" that Naruto and Hinata have been dating. Naruto reads Sai's book about proper human interaction and he learns that men are supposed to pay everything on a date. During his date with Hinata, Naruto takes Hinata to a restaurant and he was shocked that the food of the restaurant is very expensive. Hinata then uses her byakugan and looks inside Naruto's wallet. Seeing that he doesn't have much money, Hinata asks if they can eat at Ramen Ichiraku instead, which Naruto agrees to.
After completing a mission one day, Naruto and Hinata went go on a date. While off duty they then encounter Sakura, and they invite her to join them. She declines, but soon realizes that her friends are becoming worried about her heavy workload. Upon learning from Kakashi that Sakura was kidnapped by Kido, Hinata and Naruto form a rescue team with Kakashi in order to find her. All three of them soon arrives to help after Magire is defeated. Together with Ino and Sai, they head into the forest to help Sakura. As Sakura is verifying that Kido has been defeated, she is joined by Ino, Sai, Kakashi, Naruto, and Hinata. They congratulate her on her victory, but are interrupted by news that several of Kido's Anbu have fled the village. Though he can't move, Kido explains that they're going to continue his plans. Sakura and the others immediately give chase, but on reaching the Anbu they find them all defeated with a combination of fire and genjutsu. They guess that it was Sasuke's doing and that he chose not to stick around when he confirmed Kido was defeated. Although they're disappointed that Sasuke didn't at least say hello, they are glad that the entire ordeal is over. With the mission being a success Kakashi dismissed Ino–Saku–Sai, including Naruto and Hinata from their duties.
Years later in Konoha, after several months of dating Naruto and Hinata delivered invitations to their friends and Hinata's family to attend their wedding. In the anime, after doing a weird video message, Tenten talks to Hinata while hanging out with Ino and Sakura. However Sakura almost talks about the mission. Therefore Ino changes the subject by asking Hinata how Naruto is doing lately since they haven't seen him. She says Naruto has been on a lot of missions lately since their engagement. Later on she secretly learns from hearing the Konoa 11's conversation that everyone who gave Naruto a gift will have to do a mission on his wedding day. Therefore she tell Kakashi that she knows what's going on. She says that she can have her whole clan go on missions. But Kakashi says not to worry about it because the Hyuga clan has to be at her wedding. However she is happy when she speaks to Iruka since she admits she didn't know that having a wedding can cause problems. However Iruka tells her that Naruto will always be himself, and Hinata agrees because they both know Naruto the most. Iruka and Hinata talk about Naruto's request. with Hinata being happy to call Iruka "father".
On the day of the wedding, guests start arriving at the ceremony to be held under the Hokage Monument. Just before the ceremony is to begin, Hinata looking up at the clear sky, thinks of her cousin Neji. She then looks over at Naruto, who himself is also looking up towards the sky, but at his father's face on the Hokage Monument. Feeling overjoyed to finally be marrying him, she becomes a bit flustered when Naruto turns to stare at her. But she gives him her shy gaze and he in turn gives her an embarrassed smile; his once serious deposition turning into one of an innocent young boy. With the ceremony about to begin, Hinata takes Naruto's arm and holds on tightly as her father and little sister approach them.
A few months after her wedding, upon learning from Kakashi that a genjutsu user was behind people disappearing, and wants Sasuke to assist due to his Sharingan and Rinnegan being able to cast out genjutsu. Hinata and Aoba are sent as back up to help Naruto, Sakura, Sai, Shikamaru, Ino and Choji on their mission to stop the intruders. As Naruto and the others battle the intruders, Naruto's wife, Uzumaki Hinata, comes to their aid and uses her Byakugan to see if the opponents are under a genjutsu, which she says it is unlikely. They suspect that a different type of chakra is controlling the opponents and they can't injure them or else they will explode. Naruto uses Shadow Clones to distract the opponents while Shikamaru uses his Shadow Imitation Jutsu and Hinata used her Gentle Fist to hit their chakra points and render them motionless. Aoba uses his sensory abilities to enter a Kiri shinobi's mind but is caught in a genjutsu trap, and Ino uses her Mind Body Switch Technique to save him, both passing out. As Sakura cures Ino and Aoba, Sai takes everyone else to the hospital.
13 years later, she and Naruto have two children: first a son name Boruto, and when Boruto is a two year old toddler Hinata gives birth to a daughter name Himawari. One winter morning, while she was knitting a scarf, her children rushed to greet Naruto while he was training outside. But she scolds her children but telling them not to play outside barefooted. As they started a snowball fight, Hinata happily decided to join in, and Boruto hits her with a snowball. She then tells him that he is in for it now, and Naruto warned his children that when their mother got serious, she is incredibly strong.
Years later, on the morning of Naruto's inauguration as the Seventh Hokage, Hinata asked her two children to wake their father up. While having breakfast together, she and Naruto learned that his Hokage cloak wasn't finished yet. (In the OVA, she and Naruto were unsure if his cloak was finished) So Hinata told him that she will go pick up for him, while insticting that he bring Boruto and Himawari with him to the ceremony. While walking in the village after she got Naruto's Hokage cloak, Kakashi approached her by telling her that Naruto is late. She then went to their house wondering if he is still there with their children. When she got there, she found husband sitting on the floor unconscious by learning that his chakra points had been hit, but wonder who could have done it. After Naruto woke up, Hinata stands next to him, Gaara and Temari so the two boys can take a picture together. She even takes a picture with her family, as Naruto wears his hat and cloak. Later on at night she sees Naruto unconscious, while Shikamaru, Lee, Choji, Kiba, Shino and Sai all come into the house drunk.
While having dinner with her children, Hinata tells them how she got along with Naruto at the Ninja Academy. Hinata reminds Boruto not to pull pranks because that's why everyone saw Naruto as a problem child. While she tells her children that Naruto was also cool at Ninja Academy, Boruto tells her that Naruto doesn't care about them and only cares about work. Upon hearing this, Hinata angrily scolds him saying that Naruto is protecting everyone while trying to keep peace in their homeland. The next day as Boruto is late for the Ninja Academy entrance ceremony, Hinata asks him if he is alright while hanging him his book bag. However when Boruto and Denki take the wreck train carriage towards the ceremony and crashed it into Naruto's stone face, this leads for Borutoto receive a two week suspension. For the next two weeks, Hinata home schools Boruto by making sure he doesn't slack on his homework.
Once Boruto comes home from hanging out with his friends, Hinata is unimpress when he says he took his training seriously. While eating dinner with her children, Hinata is surprise when Boruto asks about the Byakugan. Therefore she tells him about the Byakugan, and that the Hyuga clan have it to see chakra. As Naruto comes home early from work while being tire. Hinata tells him that dinner is ready, but she saids good night to him as he goes straight to bed.
Later, Boruto began acting weird, carrying himself as a superhero with dramatic speeches. Once his family approached him about this, Boruto said he finally awakened his Byakugan, shocking everyone. As Naruto remembered how Himawari was able to manifest her Byakugan with no prior training, he considered it possible. Hinata convinced Boruto to go to Hiashi for better answers.
Later, when Boruto was discovered skipping classes (thanks to a poorly written excuse from his classmate Mitsuki), Hinata quickly confronted the boy. The following day, Hinata had a lecture for Boruto with Shino. It was ultimately decided that Boruto would have to make the time skipped with after-school classes. After Boruto left, as it was only a shadow clone, Hinata talked more with Shino. She apologized to Shino for the trouble Boruto was causing, noting that like his father, Boruto wants to make a name for himself. Shino then convinced Hinata to talk to Boruto about his attitude. Later, when Naruto came home late briefly for a change of clothing, Hinata woke up to his return, by helping him sort out his supplies. While Naruto admitted to his regrets as at not being a more attentive father, feeling that his lack of actual parenting growing up made him subpar as one himself, Hinata insisted that for all Boruto's attitude, he deep down understands Naruto's responsibilities as Hokage.
Later, Hinata made a big feast to welcome Mitsuki. Much to her joy, Naruto was also joining them for dinner as he finished work early. However, as dinner was about to begin, Naruto learns something from one of his dispersed clones, leading Naruto to leave to investigate a strange release of chakra spreading throughout the village.
When Naruto is home from work, he reads a story to Himawari. Then while Naruto is talking to Boruto about Sumire, Himawari helps Hinata with dinner.
Sometime later, she is seen with her daughter visiting Neji's grave on the day of the five Kage meeting. Himawari asks her mother if her late uncle will be happy that they decorated the grave marker with sunflowers. Hinata assures her daughter that Neji will be, since he has the same name as the sunflowers. Himawari cheerfully suggests she wants to visit the memorial site again with her brother.
Later, when Naruto prepared to leave the village to meet with his childhood friend Uchiha Sasuke, about a potential threat to the village. Hinata decided to make a lunch for him to eat on his trip, and sent Boruto to deliver it to her husband.
She is seen in a flashback by Naruto.
Hinata made a small cameo before Team Kakashi was being called up, Team Kurenai, except Shino, were seen running through the streets.
After the attack on Konoha by the Land of the Sky, Naruto was assigned to escort a young girl, Amaru, (whom he had mistaken for a boy) and her sensei, Shinno, back to their village, with Sakura and Hinata completing the three-man team. Upon arriving, they discovered it to have been attacked as well. A distraught Amaru recklessly ran into the village, accidentally setting off a trap hidden by the enemy. In the aftermath of the trap, Shinno was tragically wounded in his successful attempt to save Amaru, and after a few weakened words, it was made apparent through Hinata's Byakugan that he was dying, and eventually appeared to succumb to his wounds.
Shortly afterwards, the three split up to investigate the area. Hinata was kidnapped and was held prisoner, along with the rest of Amaru's villagers. Thanks to the aid of Amaru, they were able to escape the prison, and eventually the flying island itself, riding aboard a flying boat of sorts down to the ground below. Hinata then became happy as Amaru saved Naruto from falling to his death.
Hinata was first seen when they celebrated for Naruto and Sai's recovery and ate barbecue, where she explained that she was told by Naruto to invite everyone.
Later, Hinata was sent with the rest of Konoha 11 to retrieve back Naruto and Sakura. Hinata's team caught up with Naruto and Sakura, with the rest of Konoha 11. Hinata and the others was caught by one of Hiruko's henchmen Ichi, and was freed by Tenten. Team Guy was left behind to take down the first of Hiruko's henchmen.
Hinata's team fought the second of Hiruko's henchmen, Ni and her chimera nin-dogs, Shino took down Ni's chimera nin-dogs, Ni became angry and used a Chimera Technique fusing herself with a large beast, while Kiba, Hinata, and Akamaru delayed her before Shino built a large pit trap, Hinata then saved Akamaru from Ni's whip. After being teased by Kiba, Ni fell into Shino's trap and was destroyed by Shino's Secret Technique: Insect Sphere. After Team 10 failed to defeat the last of Hiruko's henchmen, San then summoned his two team-mates, Ichi and Ni, and used Chimera Technique, which made them turn into a massive flying beast. Hinata and the rest of Konoha 11 then arrives to back up Team 10, Shikamaru told Tenten to chain the beast wings to restrict its flight, while all of the Konoha 11, except Shikamaru constricted the beast by holding the chains, Hinata and Neji then channeled their chakra through the chains destroying the beast, before it was re-summoned by Hiruko.
Hinata is later seen at Hiruko's temple, being as part of the Konoha 11 aiding taking down the Chimera that was summoned by Hiruko earlier. Hinata and Neji attacked the beast using the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms technique. Hinata made her last appearance along with the rest of Konoha 11, overhearing Kakashi and Naruto's weird conversation and stating that she never knew Kakashi had such preferences, along with Sakura and Ino, deeply embarrassing him.
Hinata appears with the other members of the Konoha 11 to help Naruto to fight against Satori. She becomes extremely worried when Naruto is impaled but gets relieved when he survives due to Ryuzetsu's kekkei genkai technique.
Hinata first appeared with her friends battling several White Zetsu clones disguised as late Akatsuki members. Later, a different version of her appeared in the alternate universe. compared to the Hinata that Naruto and Sakura know, this Hinata is more assertive and very confident with herself and her figure, dressed in a more provocative attire. Her personality appears to be similar to Ino. Like her counterpart, the alternate Hinata is in love with the Naruto of her world, but is much more confident and aggressive about it to the point of threatening any girl with Naruto which is demonstrated when she calmly tells Sakura that if she keeps on flirting with Naruto, Hinata will kill her. This results in Sakura being terrified and shocked of how bold and aggressive the alternate Hinata is in comparison to the one she knows.
The film starts off with the explanation of Otsutsuki Kaguya consuming the chakra fruit, the birth of the Ten-Tails, the Sage of the Six Paths stopping the beast and creating the tailed beasts. Then, it moves forward over the fight between clans around Otsutsuki Asura and Otsutsuki Indra, to Uchiha Madara and Senju Hashirama, and the end of the conflict between Naruto and Sasuke.
Before enrolling in the Ninja Academy, a young Hinata is seen being bullied by boys over her Byakugan, calling her a monster, which causes her to cry. Then a young Uzumaki Naruto shows up and tells them to back off, proclaiming he'll be the future Hokage; however, the boys outnumber him and easily beat him up and destroy his red scarf. Hinata thanks Naruto for his efforts and Naruto lets her keep the scarf since it's ruined, unaware this was when the young girl's affections began for Naruto. Sometime later at the Ninja Academy, Umino Iruka tells his students to write down the name of the person they would want to be with if the world was to end that day. Though Naruto tries to act tough towards Haruno Sakura, she ignores him for Uchiha Sasuke, as do most girls. Hinata is unsure who to write and sees Naruto making a paper plane with his paper and being scolded by Iruka. Naruto states he has no friends or family and the world isn't ending. Seeing this, Hinata happily writes Naruto's name on her paper.
In the present time, two years after the events of the Fourth Shinobi War, at an unknown location, Hyuga Hiashi and his guards are confronted by Otsutsuki Toneri , who asks him for his answer to an unknown proposition, stating the fate of the Hyuga Clan depends on his answer. Hiashi declines his offer and battles Toneri, only to be overwhelmed by his puppet army and trapped in a cave.
In Konoha, Naruto is invited to teach Ninja Academy students taijutsu, much to the joy of the young boys. The lesson is interrupted by the crowd of young girls that greatly admire Naruto, much to his confusion. Yamanaka Ino and her team spot this, noting how popular he's gotten since the war. He has since then received various gifts from villagers from Konoha and abroad from young women smitten with him as the hero of the world. Later, Sarutobi Konohamaru meets with Naruto and wishes to take him to his late grandfather's old storage shed, claiming there is something for him.
Elsewhere in Konoha, Hinata is knitting a red scarf in remembrance of one Naruto used to wear back in the Ninja Academy, so she can give it to Naruto at the Rinne Festival as a personal gift of love when she confesses her love for him. She is later found by Sakura, who encourages her to give it to him and win his heart.
Meanwhile, the Five Kage, Hatake Kakashi, Gaara, Terumī Mei, A, and Onoki, have an emergency meeting in regards to the threat of the moon, which is revealed to be falling out of orbit and onto the Earth. They deduce if nothing is done soon, then the moon will break apart and crash into the Earth and kill all life on the planet.
At night, Hinata finishes her gift for Naruto and attempts to give it to him, but her shyness stops her from doing so. Her little sister, Hyuga Hanabi, playfully encourages her to give it to him while warning her sister that there are various girls after him now as well. She meets Naruto, Sakura, Ino and Akimichi Choji at Ramen Ichiraku. Just as she sits down to eat, three kunoichi show up while one wraps her arms around his and another offers him food. After seeing this, Hinata decides to leave, and Sakura tries to stop and tells Naruto to walk her home. However, he doesn’t understand why he has to given Hinata’s powerful abilities, and Hinata leaves with Sakura chasing after her. Sakura tells Hinata that Naruto is very dense about love due to not having anyone in his life to express it for him and assures Hinata she'll be able to win him over if she’s confident enough.
Meanwhile, various puppets secretly invade Konoha, raid the Hyuga Estate and kidnap Hanabi. On the outskirts of the village, Sai, who has been painting a portrait and noticing the moon’s descent towards Earth, sees Hanabi’s captors flying overhead and gives chase. However, after a quick chase, the kidnappers shoot down Sai with a chakra blast.
Back in Konoha, in front of Naruto's home, Hinata practices her confession, but is interrupted by Naruto’s arrival. She then notices a scarf around his neck and after her stomach growls and Naruto's invitation to eat ramen in his apartment, an embarrassed Hinata runs off, much to Naruto's confusion. As Hinata sits on a park swing, she thinks it was one of the girls that was with Naruto who gave him the scarf and begins to cry uncontrollably, thinking he must be happy that way and that she has lost her chance to be with Naruto. Just then, Toneri appears before Hinata, stating that he came for her. She is rendered unconscious by Toneri, who affirms the strength of her Hamura Chakra as Naruto shows up and gives chase. Naruto is able to save her from the puppet army, but the scarf she knitted is ripped as a result of her chakra being distorted. Toneri leaves a message that the end of mankind is approaching and he will return for Hinata. As he leaves, Naruto and Hinata witness a meteor crash outside the village.
After Hanabi's capture by Toneri, Naruto, Hinata, Sakura, Sai, and Nara Shikamaru are deployed by Kakashi to go and rescue Hanabi. Shikamaru is also given a special clock held only by the five Kage, which apparently is counting down to doomsday. At some point, Toneri “borrows” Hanabi's Byakugan, which he remarks are incredibly “pure”, and implants them in his own empty eye sockets, awakening the Tenseigan sealed by Hamura's descendants over the last millennium. He tells his guards he will go after Hinata, but not till his eyes are adjusted.
As the group follow Toneri's trail, courtesy of Sai, Hinata finds Hanabi's kunai and puts it in her bag where Naruto sees the ripped scarf. They eventually find a cave with a secret path towards Toneri's location. Hinata is unable to use her Byakugan due to the lake distorting her vision for an unknown reason. Naruto proceeds to make sure his scarf is not wet proclaiming it to be special to him, leading Sakura to state it can't be that important and Hinata will feel upset. Sai realizes that the water is incapable of making them wet.
They dive into the lake, only to discover it is a genjutsu set by Toneri. They are all trapped in their various own memories from the past. Naruto recalls his fight with Inuzuka Kiba in the Chunin Exams. Then Hinata's scarf begins to wrap around Naruto and her memories flood into his. Naruto then visits past thoughts once again, except he views it from Hinata’s perspective. Naruto views the earliest memory, the question when Naruto was asked in the ninja academy “Who would be the last person you would spend your days with, if the world were to be destroyed?”. He notices that Hinata wrote “Uzumaki Naruto”, he sees when Hinata gives him the medicine in the chunin exam as Kurenai says “She’s giving her medicine just to you!”, and another memory when Hinata overcame her shyness and tried to save him from Pain and ended her speech by saying “..Because I love You, Naruto!”.
The final flashback he views is a recent memory where he sees Sakura and Hinata talking after Hinata leaving Ichiraku, he notices that she wanted to give him something: her scarf, and this is when he realizes that Hinata has always loved him. Hinata and Sakura's talk about giving him her scarf. Naruto is left utterly bewildered by how much she's loved him for so long. All of these previous memories were genjutsu traps by Toneri, in which Sakura saves them all with her advanced powers of disarming genjutsu.
As the team all jump into the dry spring, Naruto shows how shy he is for the first time with Hinata then proceeds to jump into the dry spring. As they descend further, Hinata is found by Toneri who calls her the “Byakugan Princess” and announces his desire for them to be wed. Hinata refuses demanding the safe return of her sister. Toneri then reveals he has taken her sister’s Byakugan and if Hinata agrees to his proposal, he will spare both Hinata and Hanabi’s lives and, eventually, return Hanabi’s Byakugan. While Sakura, Sai and Shikamaru fight against The Gatekeeper of the spring, Naruto comes back to protect Hinata and fights Toneri only for the two to realize “Toneri” is a puppet. The puppet Toneri explains he will return in person to hear Hinata's answer. Now knowing Toneri is targeting Hinata, Naruto proclaims he will not let Hinata out of his sight, now having realized his own romantic feelings for her as well.
The team arrives outside the cave seeing an artificial sun inside the moon. They make their way to an abandoned shinobi village of the Otsutsuki clan. At some point, Toneri “borrows” Hanabi's Byakugan, which he remarks are incredibly “pure”, and implants them in his own empty eye sockets, awakening the Tenseigan sealed by Hamura's descendants over the last millennium. He tells his guards he will go after Hinata, but not till his eyes are adjusted. Later that night Naruto spies on Hinata making him a red scarf, thus he decides not to wear his current scarf since he felt bad about not realizing it sooner. Te next day, Hinata notices Naruto isn't wearing his scarf anymore.
As Naruto and Hinata spend more time with each other, Naruto begins to slowly realize that he has fallen in love with Hinata and she remains humorously oblivious to his feelings. As they search the ruins, Shikamaru realizes Toneri’s plan and that he is the orchestrator of the falling moon. With Hinata’s arrival, a monument of the clan awakens for her revealing a puppet, calling her the “Byakugan Princess”, shows Hinata a vision only she can see of Hamura. Hamura awakens her latent Hamura chakra, transfers his own and orders her to stop Toneri as only she can destroy the Tenseigan as she is the “Byakugan Princess” and that Toneri, a member of the Otsutsuki’s Branch House, has misinterpreted his Celestial Decree. When Hinata awakens, she tells the others what she saw was “nothing”.
After the ordeal while everyone is in a separate room. Naruto decides to go speak with Hinata. Upon coming into her room he noticed that she's still working on the scarf, but he keeps this to himself. While getting Hinata's attention Naruto wants to ask her about something, but Hinata ignores it since she's working on a new red muffler for Naruto.
Later that night, Naruto follows Hinata to a pond, seeing her knit away at the scarf. Naruto consoles her when Hinata thinks she's a horrible big sister since she just knits a scarf rather than spending more energy to find her sister. Naruto disagrees, recounting the amount of time and energy she’s been putting into finding Hanabi. When Hinata thanks him for his reassuring kindness, Naruto accidently reveals his new found feelings for Hinata greatly shocking her. However, the tender moment is interrupted with Toneri’s arrival who Hinata freely goes with after giving the scarf to Naruto. Confused and heartbroken at Toneri’s declaration that Hinata is about to become his bride, he gives chase only to have his vast chakra drained and turned against him. The resulting explosion of Naruto’s vast chakra destroys a massive part of the Moon and destroys Hinata’s scarf yet again leaving her heartbroken at Toneri’s assault on Naruto forcing him to put her into a slumber.
Back on Earth, the various hidden villages defend themselves against the crashing meteorites as they protect civilians all over from Toneri’s genocidal assault. As Rock Lee and others fail to completely destroy a huge meteor, Sasuke arrives and saves Konoha from certain doom revealing he rescued Hiashi. Sasuke declares he’ll defend Konoha since Naruto is away and gives the Konoha ninja a much needed break.
Back on the moon at Toneri's palace, Toneri marvels at Hinata's beauty as she sleeps. Wanting to know more about her, he reads her mind only to see that she's only thinking about Naruto, much to his confusion and jealousy. When she awakens, she finds her sister safe but even while in her comatose state, Hanabi grabs Hinata silently begging for help. Toneri arrives and gives Hinata a vast army of puppet maids to do her bidding and gives her a tour of his palace. Here, Toneri tells her about his clan and how they used the Tenseigan against their enemies and, seeing mankind using Chakra as a weapon, he intends to wipe them out for as per Hamura’s Celestial Decree. While sharing dinner, tea and even showing the Mausoleum of Hamura with Hinata, Toneri request Hinata make him a scarf like she made Naruto and orders her to never question his plans to destroy Earth again. While Toneri rests from his inability to control the Tenseigan, Hinata attempts to destroy the Tenseigan Alter as per Hamura’s request only to be stopped by Toneri. Angered by her “lies and betrayals” Toneri destroys her scarf in a jealous rage proclaiming he knew fully well she made it for “him”. He then proceeds to seal her soul into a portrait so her brainwashed body can still go through with their wedding.
After a three day recovery process, Naruto wakes up and becomes depressed about Hinata's choice, leading Shikamaru and Sai to scold and make fun of him in hopes of reigniting his drive only to fail. Shikamaru takes Naruto to Sakura revealing that she was severely weakened due to saving his life in hopes she can heal his heart (something he admits Sai and himself are nowhere near capable of). Sakura talks with Naruto and helps him realize that Hinata truly loves him, stating she noted the feelings he had for herself were just another way to compete with Sasuke but Naruto's feelings for Hinata are far more genuine and deeper than they ever were for herself and Hinata’s love for Naruto is far more genuine. With new-found strength, Naruto leads the charge into Toneri's moon base.
Naruto's team invades the palace and they split with Sai and Sakura going to rescue Hanabi, while Shikamaru and Naruto go after Hinata. As Shikamaru holds off Toneri's puppets, Naruto arrives just in time to disrupt the wedding angering Toneri. To humiliate Naruto, Toneri forces the brainwashed Hinata to attack him but he manages to remove the orb in her body. Annoyed with his constant interference, Toneri attacks Naruto but his latest Tenseigan pulsation allows Hinata to break free from Toneri and lead Naruto to the altar of the Tenseigan. With their combined effort, they are able to destroy the altar, revealing numerous Byakugan's sealed inside and halt the moon from plummeting to the Earth. After regrouping with everyone, Sakura presents Hinata with the remnants of her scarf, to which Naruto reveals he knows it was for him after seeing her memories. Despite being ruined, Naruto happily takes it, which leaves Hinata on the brink of tears of joy. Just then, Shikamaru notices the clock isn't stopping for some reason.
Back on Earth, A and Killer B use a massive chakra cannon to destroy the meteor's heading for Earth and upon learning of the moon still approaching, intends to use the cannon to destroy the moon. Kakashi is then told by Hiashi that he is certain that Toneri took his daughters to the moon and others announce they see Kurama battling on the moon confirming Hiashi’s theory. Despite now being informed that Naruto and his team are on the moon, A wishes to destroy the moon regardless. The other Kage are against this (angry that A once again has a weapon of mass destruction secretly hidden away) and order him to wait an hour as they feel Naruto can stop the moon given his actions during the previous war.
At the destroyed Tenseigan altar, Toneri, furious at Hinata and Naruto’s actions, has managed to unlock the Tenseigan, allowing him to continue his Celestial Decree. He summons a giant golem that battles with Kurama, and unlocks the Tenseigan Chakra Mode allowing him to capture Hinata and throw her into a cage so she can watch him kill Naruto who he has grown to despise, a huge duel ensues. Toneri reveals his newfound power to slice the moon in half. Near the end, Naruto grasps the last remaining shred of the scarf Hinata had made for him and seemingly redirects and channels his chakra shroud into his the scrap in his right fist and delivers a devastating punch, which is enough to depower Toneri and pin him against a wall. With his defeat Kurama uses this chance to destroy the statue with a Tailed Beast Ball and Hinata retrieves Hanabi's Byakugan. Despite his defeat, Toneri refuses to give up and summons all the Byakugan eyes around him to grant him power to kill Naruto by draining his chakra, but Hinata stops him from absorbing his Chakra any more. Toneri is unable to maintain his form and is about to burn in the sun until Naruto saves him.
With the hour up, A prepares to fire the cannon, but B refuses to kill Naruto and the others much to A’s frustration. Luckily, Kurama writes on the moon a "Mission Complete" symbol (much to the fox's annoyance as he admits his penmanship is terrible), signifying everyone safe and the disaster averted. A global declaration is made that Naruto, Hinata, Shikamaru, Sakura, and Sai have saved the planet from extinction.
Hinata takes Toneri to the sight of Hamura's soul and reveal the truth to him. Seeing this, Toneri apologizes for his actions and chooses to stay on the moon to atone for his sins and promises that “the moon will never approach Earth again” despite Hinata offering Toneri a place on Earth. Later, Hinata asks Naruto about his scarf he was using earlier to which he reveals it was knitted by his late mother, Uzumaki Kushina, for him before he was born. Which is why he was so protective of it, leaving Hinata relieved and embarrassed for her actions. As they all head home on Hanabi’s request, Naruto proclaims to Hinata he wants to spend the rest of his life with her moving her to tears. As they leave through the portal they then see past memories of their childhood and life in green bubbles.
We then see Hinata and Naruto in the same hand held poses as they begin to get younger through past memories, we see current Naruto and Hinata then Shippuden Naruto and Hinata, Pre Teen Naruto and Hinata and finally young Naruto and Hinata running hand in hand. Then Naruto asks Hinata to grab a hold of him as he says he wants to fly above and be with him as he uses a Rasengan to break him out of the dry spring cave. Naruto catches Hinata and they fly out of the cave, leaving the others behind at the exit as they burst into the sky. While floating in the sky with the moon behind them, lean in and share their first kiss. The last words before the credits are of Naruto saying “Hinata…. Thank you.”
The movie ends with a series of flash-forwards of Naruto and Hinata's wedding. Naruto has his rose put on by Iruka, all of the males of the Konoha village are wearing suits and the females are all wearing Kimonos. Including picture of Sasuke continuing his journey. Then it further flash forwards to Naruto and Hinata having a peaceful morning with their two children, Uzumaki Boruto and Uzumaki Himawari who playfully order their father to play with them instigating the happy family into a snowball fight.
On the day of her daughter's birthday, Hinata and Himawari were cleaning Naruto's study when Himawari found Naruto's old jacket, making Hinata smile when she showed it to her. Because it's Himawari's birthday, Hinata takes her out to buy food and decorations for the party. Soon after they run into Boruto while they're out and he offers to carry his mother's bags. By the time they get home, they discover that Naruto is already there, having made a point to be home on time for the occasion. Hinata and Boruto sing Happy Birthday to Himawari, Naruto starts carrying Himawari's cake to the table to be served. However as he is finally at the table with his family, he suddenly disappears, revealing to only be a shadow clone. The cake falls on the floor, making Himawari sad. But this makes Boruto angry at Naruto for missing his daughter's birthday party, and he lashed out about this to his mother. Hinata tried to remind him that Naruto's job as Hokage was important to the village, even saying that he hasn't forgotten about him and Himawari, but Boruto wasn't swayed as he asks her why Naruto had to be the one to become the Hokage. She tells him that the Hokage title is a dispensable duty crucial to the survival of the village passed down throughout the generations. However this doesn't make Boruto happy, as he retorts that his grandfather wasn't alive when Naruto was a child and Naruto must have been lucky to never experience the joy to have parents around, which saddened Hinata, who told him he was lucky to have a father here. After telling this to Boruto, he teller her it's about Himawari and to forget it. As Boruto leaves in an anger by closing the slide door, Hinata quietly comforts Himawari.
She then met with Sasuke at her front door, as he asked if Naruto was home, and she told him he was still at his office.
When Boruto returned home one evening after passing the second round of the Chunin Exams, Hinata and Himawari congratulated and she was relieved to find that her son was unhurt. However she became concerned when Boruto seemed to be acting strangely, when he went straight to his room after telling her and Himawari, that he was tire and not hungry. Later on, she attended the third round of the Chunin Exams with Himawari to watch Boruto face Yurui, she then saw he daughter became happy when Boruto defeated Yurui. Then as she and her family watches Boruto fight against Nara Shikadai and was proud when it appeared he won. She saw that Naruto wasn't happy and asked him what's wrong. Naruto surprised her when he asked her to use her Byakugan to see what's on Boruto's arm. Hinata realized while using her Byakugan that Boruto had use the Kote. She became more disappointed when Boruto was disqualified cheating throughout the fight.
She then fled the arena with her daughter as Otsutsuki Momoshiki and Kinshiki attacked, but Hinata witnessed Naruto sacrifice himself to protect Boruto, Sasuke, and Uchiha Sarada from Momoshiki's jutsu. She tried to save him but to no avail and was left injured. Which led for Sakura to healed her when she was brought to the hospital while being unconscious. However she regained consciousness when Himawari called out to her. When Boruto decided to join Sasuke and the other Kage to rescue Naruto, Hinata initially refused to allow her son to go somewhere so dangerous. However, when she saw Boruto wearing Naruto's old jacket and Sasuke's scratched forehead protector, she was reminded of Naruto when he was young and decided to believe in him. After Boruto left, Hinata asks him to protect Naruto.
With the rescue a success, Hinata had breakfast with her family. When she tried to fix Boruto's torn up jacket, she was told not to do so by her son as he thought that it looked 'cooler' that way, which pleasantly surprising her. As Boruto is about to leave she smiles at him as he takes his jacket away from. Soon after, Hinata wished both her son and her husband to have a good day alongside Himawari as they left for their respective work.
Boruto Naruto Next Generations Manga
Hyuga Hinata is a playable character in the following video games:
- Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
- Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution
- Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
- Naruto Gekito Ninja Taisen! 3
- Naruto Gekito Ninja Taisen! 4
- Naruto Konoha Senki
- Naruto Ninja Council 3
- Naruto Path of the Ninja 2
- Naruto RPG 2 Chidori vs Rasengan
- Naruto Shinobi Collection
- Naruto Shinobi Collection Shippu Ranbu
- Naruto Shippuuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
- Naruto Shippuuden Gekito Ninja Taisen! EX 2
- Naruto Shippuuden Gekito Ninja Taisen! EX 3
- Naruto Shippuuden Gekito Ninja Taisen! Special
- Naruto Shippuuden Kizuna Drive
- Naruto Shippuuden Naruto vs Sasuke
- Naruto Shippuuden Ninja Destiny 3
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja 4
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja 5
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Blazing
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Impact 20
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road to Boruto (non playable)
- Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2 The Phantom Fortress
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Hyuga Hiashi is Hinata's father and the leader of the Hyuga clan. When her uncle was alive, Hinata began her training to become leader of the clan. While training with her father she hesitated to attack him, but once Hizashi show killing intent to Hinata, she witness her father activate her uncle's curse seal and saw how much pain her uncle was in. Even though her father never told her why her uncle and cousin has the curse seal on their forehead, Hinata decide to leave these questions to her self. When she was kidnapped by Kumo shinobi, her father saved her from having her Byakugan being removed, this event caused her uncle's death and had her cousin dislike her.
Even though she started to train with Neji after her little sister was born, Hiashi was force to stop Neji from harming Hinata. Once again Hinata saw the curse seal be activated, and had no choice but to stand there and watch her cousin scream in pain. Therefore she had to be trained by her father again after this incident. However when Hanabi showed more talent then Hinata, Hiashi had to make his older daughter and youngest daughter battle for the heiress title. Before the match began, Hiashi try to motivate Hinata once more. In the end, Hinata was defeated and the title went to Hanabi. After the match Hiashi angrily scolded her for losing the fight, therefore Hinata ran off crying after hearing this.
After graduating from the Ninja Academy, Hinata had a strained relationship with Hiashi. Even when the former told Kurenai that Hinata is consider weak and doesn't belong in the Hyuga clan. It wasn't until the invasion of Konoha that her father came to save her and Neji. During the Bikochu Arc, Hinata start to having a better relationship with Hiashi. He encouraged her to do her best, but when the mission fail. Hiashi was happy that Hinata try her hardest, since the mission was her idea.
During the Fourth Shinobi War, Hinata fought along with her father and the allied force. After Neji's death, Hiashi was surprise that Hinata complete the Eight Trigtrams 64 Plams technique on some mini ten tail clones. Two years after the war ended, when Hinata was on the moon. Hiashi told Kakashi not to have the other Kage destroy the moon, since Hinata and her friends were still on it. After Naruto stop Toneri, Hiashi was relieved to hear that Hinata was alright. A few months after this, Hinata had Hiashi and her clan attend her and Naruto wedding. Hiashi was shown alongside Hanabi while they congratulate Hinata and Naruto.
During their childhood, Uzumaki Naruto first met Hinata while they were preparing to enroll at the Ninja Academy. Despite not knowing her, Naruto refused to let three bullies insult Hinata and came to her defense, but was outnumbered and easily beaten, including that the bullies damaged the red scarf he was wearing. When he regained consciousness, Hinata thanked Naruto for helping her and returned his scarf to him, but he let her keep it. When she saw Naruto again on the night of her uncle's funeral. Naruto while wearing a new replacement scarf, asked her why she was out here by herself, and while seeing her cry Naruto walks up to her. Because according to him, he doesn't know when he will see her cry again. Hinting that he hates seeing Hinata cry. Naruto then took her back to her house, and saw how big her home was. However he asks her why she cries if she lives in a big house. Nevertheless Naruto smile and blushes, when he told Hinata that, he was alone but never cries. Before leaving he waves goodbye to her.
Unlike their peers who ostracized Naruto while growing up in the Ninja Academy, Hinata instead admired him, for she was inspired by his enthusiasm and determination to never give up. Hinata even adopted Naruto's nindo of never giving up, so she can also be acknowledge as well. She was one of the first to identify Naruto's painful childhood and his desire to be acknowledged, and she fiercely believed that he would one day achieve his goal of becoming Hokage. Hinata's long-standing admiration towards Naruto later grew into genuine care and affection, eventually leading her to fall in love with him.
Because of his socially ostracized childhood, and even though Naruto was oblivious to her feelings for him. He considered her to be "weird" because of her shyness whenever she was around him. When Iruka asks his students to write who they want to be with if the moon was falling, Naruto didn't know who to write because he didn't knew his parent's names and because he didn't have any friends. But upon seeing Naruto get scolded by Iruka for making his paper into a paper airplane, Hinata writes Naruto's name on her paper as he tells Iruka that the moon isn't gonna fall.
However when Naruto was 12, Hinata wanted to be on the same team as him and Naruto wanted anyone else with him and Sakura on his team. However both were depressed when Sasuke was placed on Naruto's team. But Naruto held Hinata in high regard because of her desire to change herself and be acknowledged, something that he could relate to. Naruto also held high expectations of her, such as during the Chunin Exams. When he declined her offer of copying her test due to their risk of being disqualified, Naruto even disbelieved at first that she would allow him to cheat off her. Later, he defended Hinata from Neji after watching her cousin's attempt at verbally abusing her into giving up, and even vowed with her blood to defeat Neji in her place. A few months later when Naruto, for the first time, revealed his growing doubts about the match and his own abilities to Hinata, she reassured him that he never gave up because he always had the strength to overcome his own failures. Naruto gratefully thanked Hinata for bringing him out of his depression, and he said to her that even though he had thought of her as a weird girl, he really liked a person like her. As Naruto departed to train with Jiraiya, Hinata watched him leave, but was unable to bring herself to say goodbye to him. As he left, she vowed to become stronger, and to work as hard as he did.
During Pain's invasion on Konoha, Hinata immediately came to his aid after she saw Naruto being pinned down by the Akatsuki leader. Worried about her safety, Naruto demanded Hinata to stay away from the fight, but despite knowing that she stood no chance against Pain, Hinata refused to leave and confessed her love and willingness to protect Naruto, even at the cost of her own life. Uppon being left speechless after hearing her confession, Naruto instantly erupted into rage after he saw Pain stab Hinata right in front of him, therefore allowing Kurama to take control and continue the battle. Later, once Kurama was suppressed, Naruto became very distressed at the thought that he might have killed Hinata and the villagers while he was under the fox's influence, but was brought to tears of relief upon learning from Katsuyu that she and the others were still alive. After her wounds were healed by Sakura, Hinata shed tears of joy and relief over the news that Naruto had defeated Pain and he safely returned to the village. She was later seen smiling as everyone celebrated Naruto's victory.
During the Fourth Shinobi War, after one of Naruto's shadow clones helped Hinata and the Second Division defeat a group of White Zetsu clones, she began to lament the fact that though she wanted to protect Naruto, he ended up saving her instead. However, Naruto saw Hinata feeling down on herself and reassured her that she was strong, recounting her coming to his aid against Pain, to which she silently thanked him for.After Neji died sacrificed own his life to protect her and Naruto from the Ten-Tails and with Naruto almost falling victim to Obito's rhetoric, Hinata slapped Naruto out of it by telling him that if his life was connected with everyone who shared his beliefs and were willing to sacrifice themselves for him, he should not give in to despair and have Neji die in vain, reminding him of their shared nindo. With her and Kurama's aid, Naruto's self-confidence was restored and he took Hinata's hand, thanking her for staying by his side before transferring Kurama's chakra into her. Hinata later returned the favor by relocating Naruto's dislocated shoulder. As the battle progressed, the Ten-Tails prepared to attack the injured Naruto directly, Hinata led a group of the Shinobi Alliance to protect him as Sakura healed his wounds. Then later during the war, after taking down one of the Ten-Tails' mini-clones, Hinata continues to motivate herself to keep moving forward so that she could forever be at Naruto's side. However, Hinata succumbed to exhaustion as she lost the remainder of her chakra and stumbled on debris before she could reach him, tearfully praying for his safety.
Later, when Madara successfully activated the Infinite Tsukoyomi, everyone, including Hinata, was caught in the Shinji's roots, as she was getting caught in the roots she mentally called out for Naruto. He sensed this and tries to go save her. But he is stopped by Sasuke, who tells him to be patient. When she was finally caught in the Genjutsu, she dreams of her and Naruto as a happy loving couple, while Hanabi and a still-alive Neji watch from afar.
When Naruto defeated and reform Sasuke. They release Hinata first from the genjutsu then everyone else was released from the genjutsu after her. Then Naruto was seen standing side by side with Hinata during Neji's funeral.
Two years after the war, Hinata had fixed Naruto a new red scarf that looked similar to the one he gave her when they were children. So she planned to give it to him as a personal gift of love at the Rinne Festival to once again confess her feelings for him, but encountered problems such as her own shyness and the new competition with the many young women for Naruto's affections due to his new-found popularity. When Hinata finally made an attempt to give it to him, she saw Naruto wearing a scarf his late mother had knitted for him, which made her sadly back down as she thought it was given by another girl. When Naruto asked her if she wanted to eat at his apartment, she ran off and cried over the scarf alone. While being at the park she was approached by Otsutsuki Toneri, who requested to be given the scarf instead. He captured her with his puppets and they tried escaping Konoha with her, but Naruto defeated the puppets and rescued her; however the scarf she made was ripped in half during the battle. When Toneri kidnapped Hanabi, Naruto, Hinata, Sakura, Sai, and Shikamaru were deployed to go and rescue her. While on the mission, they got caught in the Gatekeeper's genjutsu ball trap, which caused them all to drift into a sleep and dream about their own memories. However, inside the trap, the red scarf accidently got out of Hinata's bag and began to wrap around Naruto, allowing her memories to flow into his. Left utterly speechless after witnessing how long Hinata had loved and acknowledged him, Naruto became fiercely over protected of her, and even shy in her presence.
When the team arrived in an abandoned Otsutsuki clan village, Naruto saw Hinata knitting the red scarf and realized it was for him, to which he decided to stop wearing his late mother's scarf. As he spent time interacting with Hinata, Naruto began to experience a special kind of happiness he had never felt before and realize that her being was irreplaceable and essential to him, and eventually, in their moment alone, he confessed he had fallen in love with her, which left her speechless.
However, driven to save her captured sister and to destroy the Tenseigan. Hinata, after giving the red scarf to Naruto, left with Toneri and pretended to accept his offer, much to Naruto's shock and confusion when she said goodbye to him. As Naruto was chasing after them, he was greatly saddened because Hinata did not deny Toneri's statement that they would be married. After Toneri attacked Naruto by draining almost all of his chakra, he was left near death, and the scarf was destroyed. After recovering three days later, the broken-hearted Naruto fell into a state of great depression and came very close to giving up on everything. But it wasn't until Sakura helped him realize how deep and unwavering Hinata's feelings truly were that his mental strength had returned and he set out to rescue her. Once he reunited with Hinata, she apologized to Naruto for her earlier act, but he replied that he understood why she had to do it and he himself should be the one to apologize. Once Hinata took Naruto to the Tenseigan, they then combined their powers to destroyed the Tenseigan since Hinata witness that she couldn't destroy the Tenseigan by herself. As Naruto and Hinata regrouped with the rest of the team along with Hanabi after the two destroyed the Tenseigan. Naruto then happily took a small remnant of Hinata's replacement scarf that was callously ripped by Toneri, saying that even in its ruined state he would cherish it, which left her on the brink of tears of joy by his kind gesture.After Naruto defeated Toneri and saved the shinobi world, Naruto then reiterated his love for Hinata and stated that he wanted to be with her for the rest of his life, much to her happiness, and the two had their first kiss upon returning to Earth. After several months of dating, Naruto and Hinata got married and had two children together. During the winter, Hinata was seen knitting a new red scarf while Naruto was training outside. They then played with their children in the backyard while having a snowball fight.
Since Naruto finally became the Seventh Hokage, Hinata showed her loyalty to him by going to get his unfinished new Hokage cloak for him. But she gets scare by seeing that her husband is unconscious when she got home after getting his Hokage cloak. After Naruto woke up, Hinata takes a picture with her family, as Naruto wears his hat and cloak. Naruto also tells her how he feels about being a parent, since he reminds her that he wasn't raised by his. Hinata insisted that for all Boruto's attitude, he deep down wants to become his own hero. Hinata also admits to Naruto in person, that Boruto looks exactly like him when he laughs. She even makes bento lunch boxes for Naruto to eat which he often miss out due to his job. Since they got marry, Hinata always refers to Naruto as darling (dear in the Boruto movie). Hinata also shares her fond memories of her husband when Himawari found Naruto's old jacket. She also remains supportive of Naruto's dream and job, despite missing him dearly whenever he is not at home. Including that Hinata did her best to keep Boruto and Himawari happy despite his frequent absences. This is proven true when she even defended him in front of Boruto when he couldn't make it to Himawari's own birthday party.
During Boruto's match against Shikadai, Naruto stands near where Hinata and Himawari sat at instead of sitting next to the other four Kage. However when Boruto won the match, both Naruto and Hinata suspected that something wasn't right. So when Hinata asks Naruto what's wrong, he tells her to use her Byakugan on Boruto. This confused Hinata, but when she did use her Byakugan. She was shock on what she saw and told Naruto that Boruto has the Kote on his left arm. During the battle with Momoshiki, Hinata was worry about Naruto, while she was with Himawari and Ino. When Naruto was kidnap, Hinata try to save him but end up getting injured. Hinata even showed faith in her son to go rescue Naruto and even asked Boruto to take of Naruto after he went into Sasuke's portal.
In the end Naruto is saved which led to Boruto finally respecting her husband along with his job, including what it means to be a shinobi. Along with finally taking his training seriously just as she and Naruto did. Including that Naruto is home permanently since his schedule was lessen to have him spend time with his family, without having to work too long at the Hokage office. Which had made her happy that she got to see her husband more, including that he had finally reconcile with Boruto. Due to this, Naruto and Hinata have a normal family moment together at the end of the movie, where Naruto and Boruto sat at the dinner table together while Hinata fixes up Boruto's jacket. She even waved goodbye to Naruto when he was leaving for work and told him to have a good day.Uzumaki Boruto, a boy who look like her husband, but has her face expressions overall. Boruto loves his mother dearly and shares a good relationship with her. Such as having a snowball fight with him, and on the day that Naruto became Hokage when she told him to wake Naruto up. Boruto even takes a picture with her, as Naruto wears his hat and cloak. When Boruto enrolled at the Ninja Academy, Hinata angrily scolds him to at least understand why Naruto is the Hokage after he disrespects him in front of her and Himawari. She even gets angry with him if he tries to skip any of his classes, and Boruto gets afraid of her when she is angry. After he had became a genin, he even offer to carry the bags she was holding when they picked him up to get ready for Himawari's birthday party. She and him even sung happy birthday to Himawari, and when they found out that Naruto sent a shadow clone as a stand in. Hinata confronted Boruto by saying that Naruto is trying his hardest not to neglect them. Along with also reminding him that the Hokage title is very important to their village. However, he is very wary of her feelings and tends to get angry on her behalf when she appears saddened that Naruto is home less, even though Hinata fully supports Naruto's Hokage duties. While Boruto hates seeing her sad, he at times is responsible for making her sad when his anger gets the best of him; such as saying Naruto was lucky to have never experienced neglect from his parents because they were dead, and this deeply troubled Hinata (even made her cry in the novel), and Boruto knew he crossed the line and felt guilty.
Hinata loves her son dearly, and is always concerned for him due to his troubled relationship with Naruto. She tries to make the best out of their family situation by offering Boruto unconditional love and attention, and reminding him that, despite his busy work, Naruto still loves them all. When Naruto was captured by Momoshiki and Kinshiki, and Hianta was injured while trying to save him, Boruto was worried about her condition. Hinata tried to stop Boruto from going with Sasuke and the other Kage to rescue Naruto because it was a dangerous mission, but when she saw Boruto wearing Naruto's old jacket and Sasuke's scratched forehead protector, she was reminded of Naruto when he was younger and Hinata decided to put her faith in her son. After Boruto left, she asked that he take care of his father. In the aftermath, Hinata was knitting Boruto's jacket and he told her not to have it perfectly knit because having his jacket all tore made it look cool that way, and she smiled. She even wishes him to have a good day when he is out on missions.
Hinata's daughter is Uzumaki Himawari, a girl who look like her, but has her husband's face expressions overall. Hinata loves her daughter dearly and shares a good relationship with her. Which is seen when Himawari and Boruto went out in the snow to play with Naruto, and Hinata told her children to not go out barefoot before she joined in a snowball fight with her family. After Naruto became Hokage, Hinata told Himawari to go wake up Naruto. After Naruto regained consciousness, Hinata even takes a picture with Himawari, as Naruto wears his hat and cloak.Unlike her husband, who is often too occupied with his duties as Hokage. Hinata spends a lot of time with her children, and is often home with her daughter. In which Himawari spends most of the time helping Hinata with house cleaning, and running errands.
On the night of Himawari's birthday party, Naruto ended up sending a shadow clone to the party, and it dropped her birthday cake on the second table next to them before disappearing. This saddened Himawari and enraged Boruto on his sister's behalf. However Hinata tried to comfort both of her children, but Boruto walks away and Hinata hugs a sad Himawari.
On the day of the third phase of the Chunin Exams, Himawari sat with her mother. But when it was discovered that Boruto was cheating, and was disqualified. Himawari asked her mother if her brother did something bad, but Hinata didn't say anything and just simply hugged Himawari. When Momoshiki and Kinshiki attacked the arena, Himawari fled with her mother, who then rushed back to the arena to try to save Naruto and was left injured. As Hinata was recovering in the hospital, Himawari cried out to her mother and held her hand. A few months after the battle, she later watches Hinata knit Boruto's jacket. She along with her mother then wished Naruto, and Boruto to have a good day as they left for work, and a mission respectively.
Up until they became genin, Haruno Sakura and Hinata never interacted with each other. When they participated in the Chunin Exams, they started speaking to each other more often and cheering for their friends and comrades during the matches. While they considered each other comrades, they didn't specifically consider each other friends due to their lack of communication. It turns out that Sakura never gets angry or cynical around her. However, Sakura quickly found out about Hinata's feelings for Naruto, and due to this being similar to her feelings for Sasuke, Sakura decided to do whatever she could to help Hinata confess to Naruto.
Due to her lonely childhood and considered an outcast, Hinata embraced Sakura's friendship, and while it gushed her that someone knows about her love for Naruto, she appreciated Sakura's efforts to help her make hints about it to Naruto or get them to be alone together. Their friendship is most revealed in Naruto Shippuuden movie 7, when Hinata contemplating making a scarf for Naruto and Sakura readily approved of this and offered her advice on how to get her to confess to Naruto. When Hinata asked why she was helping her so much, Sakura thought of her long-distant relationship with Sasuke and replied girls need to stick together.
Sakura goes further by telling Naruto, who by then confessed his feelings to Hinata but was left devastated by her false rejection in favor of Toneri, that Hinata always truly loved him and his feelings for her are more genuine than the ones he had for Sakura. Sakura later attends Hinata and Naruto's wedding, and expresses happiness for her two good friends. When Naruto became Hokage, Sakura watches Hinata and Temari speak to Naruto and Gaara, as the two boys are about to take a picture.
Years later when Naruto was captured by Momoshiki, Sakura took it upon herself to heal Hinata when they transported her to the hospital after the attack. Since Hinata got injured trying to save Naruto from the enemy, Sakura told Boruto that the reason why Hinata does something reckless is because she loves Naruto, which shocked Boruto.
Up until the Fourth Shinobi War, there was almost no interaction between Uchiha Sasuke and Hinata. Since she was the only girl of their age group who was not romantically interested in Sasuke and only had feelings for Naruto. Hinata was aware of Sakura's feelings for Sasuke and she felt comfortable discussing her feelings for Naruto with Sakura because of this. Hinata reluctantly agreed with her friends to consider eliminating Sasuke for the village's sake but right away took Naruto's side in letting him deal with Sasuke alone.
During the war, Hinata was shocked when Sasuke arrived to help and also when he announced he would become Hokage. She used her Byakugan to observe Sasuke and Naruto fight Obito and Madara before falling victim to the Infinite Tsukuyomi. After the war, Hinata forgives Sasuke for his crimes and she is on friendly terms with him. Which is seen years after the war, when she happily greets him during his visit to her and Naruto's house in the Boruto movie. She also trusts Sasuke enough to let him take her son, Boruto, into battle against Momoshiki and Kinshiki.
- 'Hinata and Hanabi's mother (Mother/possibly dead)
- Hyuga Hiashi (Father)
- Hyuga Hanabi (Little Sister)
- Hyuga Hizashi (Uncle/dead)
- Hyuga Neji (Cousin & Surrogate Older Brother/dead)
- Uzumaki Naruto (Childhood Classmate & Husband)
- Uzumaki Boruto (Son)
- Uzumaki Himawari (Daughter)
- Uzumaki Kushina (Mother in law/dead)
- Namikaze Minato (True Counterpart & Father in law/dead)
- Umino Iruka (Childhood Sensei & Surrogate Father in law)
- Yuhi Kurenai (Future Sensei & Surrogate Mother)
- Chi-Chi (Partnal Counterpart)
- Hinata's name means place in the sun. It can be written with the same kanji as her family name, "Hyuga" (日向).
- Hinata is the only female character to never have a crush on Sasuke. She also bears a striking resemble to Chi-Chi in the DBZ episode Gohan's Nightmare.
- In a ova for Naruto Shippuuden episode 95, Hinata can eat up to 46 bowls of ramen.
- In the fourth databook, Hinata's name is referred as a pure white lily. The same flowers were put on Neji's grave during his funeral.
- She is described as a sunny place, because she helps Naruto in the darkest moments of his life.
- She had always wanted to be loved, and acknowledged by her family.
- Masashi Kishimoto stated that Hinata has short hair now because its easier to look after kids.
According to the databook(s):
- Hinata's birthday is December 27, and her bloodtype is A.
- Hinata's hobby is pressing flowers.
- Hinata wishes for a rematch with her cousin Hyuga Neji before he died, & for a match with her father.
- Hinata's favorite food is zenzai & cinnamon rolls. While her least favorite food is crabs & shrimp.
- Hinata has completed 33 official missions in total: 10 D-rank, 14 C-rank, 8 B-rank, 1 A-rank, 0 S-rank.
- Hinata's favorite phrase is "self-confidence" (自信).
- Hinata frequently appears in Naruto character popularity polls, often polled as one of the most popular female characters of the series and making into the top 10 favourite characters. She was placed 10th in the first and seventh, 6th both in the second and the third, 12th in the fourth, 9th in the fifth, and 13th in the sixth. In the American 2010 "Good Guys" poll, Hinata finished in third place with 11% of the votes nearly tying for second with Shikamaru's 12%. In the seventh popularity poll, Hinata came in 10th place with 2517 votes and once again she nearly tied with Shikamaru for 9th place, making Hinata the most popular female character in the series.
- Hinata is a playable character in most Naruto video games. In later instalments of the Naruto Clash of Ninja series, she is also playable in an "awakened" form. In this form, her clothes are similar to what she wore during the Search for the Bikochu Arc, though the form itself is not based on the events of that arc. Awakened Hinata has a personality similar to Neji's during the Chunin Exams, arrogantly challenging opponents and boasting about the power of the main branch of the Hyuga clan. While in this form, she is also able to use techniques such as Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms and Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven.
- In Naruto Shippuuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3, Awakened Hinata can be used in the middle of battle by activating her Byakugan. In previous games, Awakened Hinata had to be specifically chosen during character selection.
- Despite not being the main heroine of the series, Kishimoto stated that at the time of a 2010 interview of his, Hinata would make a better heroine than Sakura due to the fact that Hinata has a more complex background as opposed to Sakura, who Kishimoto described as having a "normal" background.
- This is further extended in an omake in Naruto: Shippuuden episode 165 where Sakura accuses Hinata of trying to become the main heroine of the series because of her massive popularity, much to her confusion. Naruto and her are the main characters in canonical movie, Naruto Shippuuden movie 7, since it is a love story about them.
- Later interviews revealed that Kishimoto had been building up Hinata to becoming part of the main cast ever since the Fourth Shinobi War arc had started.
- In a series of interviews from 2015, Kishimoto revealed he had planned on Naruto and Hinata getting together since the middle of the manga. Even commenting that Naruto and Hinata were meant to be since she acknowledged him even before Iruka. Including that she had the ability to see beyond his reputation, and see the true person inside him. She never downgrades or makes fun of him whenever he screws up. Not only that, Kishimoto confirmed that Hinata was his favorite female character during an interview with Viz in October 2015.
- Like Sakura, Hinata's initial role in the manga was entirely different. Where's Sakura wasn't intended to be the heroine, Hinata wasn't intended to be a ninja. In an original concept art, Hinata was depicted in normal civilian like clothes rather than a ninja's.
- In several of the Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm video games, the team combination of Hinata and Naruto is reveal to be call "Secret Lovers" or when Naruto is in Nine Tail Chakra Mode, they are call "Joined Hands". In Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Naruto and Hinata's ultimate attack released as "Power of love".
- Naruto and his late mother, Uzumaki Kushina, has their own "red thread of fate". The red thread of fate, also referred to as the 'red thread of destiny', 'red string of fate', 'red string of destiny' and other variants, is an East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend and is also used in Japanese legend. According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red string around the ankles of men and women who are destined to be soul mates and will one day marry each other. Often, in Japanese culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger. The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of time, place or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break. This myth is similar to the Western concept of soul-mates or a twin flame.
- In Naruto Shippuuden movie 7, Naruto used to have a red scarf when he was young but it was wrecked after he defends Hinata from three bullies. Since then, Hinata keeps that red scarf and she knits him a new one that looks similar to his old one. Hinata eventually gives Naruto the red scarf she knitted, that he wears in the movie, as a Call Back and Meaningful Echo to his own mother's soulmate story.
- Hinata has her own theme song call At the End of Winter. A song sung by her Japanese voice actress, Nana Mizuki, which was released for the 10th Naruto film.
There are several differences between her character in the current timeline, and in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream:
- In the current timeline, Naruto saved Hinata from bullies that disliked her eyes. However in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, Naruto saved a puppy name Shiro from drowning in a river.
- In the current timeline, it is Hinata who feels bad overall about how the villagers treat Naruto. However in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, it is Sakura who feels bad about how the villagers treat Naruto.
- In the current timeline, Hinata joined all her former classmates to take the Chunin Exams. However in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, she joins all her former classmates on a mission.
- In the current timeline, Hinata voiced her faith in Naruto when he fought Kiba. However in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, she voiced her faith in Naruto after she saw him defeat Sasori's hundred puppets.
- In the current timeline Hinata never saw her reincarnated uncle during the war. However in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, she does reunite with her late uncle even being surprise that he was alive since she thought he was dead.
- In the current timeline, Hinata never learned that Sasuke left the village until Naruto and Sakura told her. However in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, she is informed by Sakura that Sasuke left the village.
- In the current timeline, Hinata never saw the Sasuke Retrieval Squad head out to get Sasuke back. However in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, she does see the team leave the village.
- In the current timeline, Hinata confessed her love to Naruto before she fought Pain. However in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, she tries to confess her love to Naruto before she fights Pain, but she was stabbed by Pain before she can tell Naruto that she loves him.
- In the current timeline, Hinata and the Allie Shinobi force fought against reincarnated dead shinobi. However in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, she and the others fight Sasori's reincarnated dead human puppet army.
- In the current timeline, Hinata and the Allie Shinobi force join forces to fight against Obito. However in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, she and the others fight against Sasori.
- In the current timeline, Hinata was sad that Neji died during the war. However in Tsunade's Infinite Tsukuyomi dream, she is happy that he is alive to which she and the others that a group photo with a reformed Sasuke.
There are five differences between her character in the manga version of The Day That Naruto Became Hokage, and in the OVA version of it:
- In the manga, Hinata looks at Naruto face to face while telling him that his Hokage cloak is not finished. However in the OVA, she doesn't look at him. Instead she and him are unsure if his cloak is not finished.
- In the manga, Hinata vows to the elderly woman that finished Naruto's Hokage cloak. But in the OVA, she didn't vow to the elderly woman.
- In the manga, Hinata sees Kakashi in the village. However in the OVA, she sees Kakashi on top of the Hokage residence building.
- In the manga, Hinata stands away from Naruto's unconscious body while they are in the hallway. However in the OVA, Hinata is up close to Naruto's unconscious body while they are in the hallway.
- In the manga, Hinata explains about the Byakugan when Himawari finds Boruto inside a closet. However in the OVA, Hinata explains about the Byakugan as Boruto screams after he is found by Himawari.
Hinata has a ton similarities with her late father in law, Namikaze Minato.
- Both fell in love during their childhood.
- Both are quiet, and shy.
- Both enter the Ninja Academy at a young age.
- Both would usually spy on their love interest, without them knowing.
- Both would usually see their love interest being bullied by other kids.
- Both help their love interest regain their strength, and confidence.
- Both helped their love interest to see that they are not alone.
- Both found out that their love interest is an orphan.
- Both confessed their love to their love interest, and would marry them once they reach adulthood. (For Hinata : Naruto. Whereas for Minato : Kushina)
- Both used a powerful technique to protect their Love interest, from someone that is evil. (For Hinata : using the Eight Trigrams Twin Lion Combo to protect Naruto from Pain. Whereas for Minato : using the dead demon seal to protect Kushina from Kurama)
Hinata has many similarities with Chi-Chi from Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z & DBGT.
- Both were shy, and would often stutter.
- Both became stronger because of their love interest.
- Both are kind and caring but are scary when they get angry.
- Both are great at martial arts.
- Both are a great cook.
- Both were raised by their father overall. However they were noted to be like their late mother.
- Both were spoiled but they never liked it at all. (For Hinata : she was raised to be the leader of her clan. Whereas for Chi-Chi : she was raised to show people that her father wasn't a horrible person)
- Both admire they love interest when they were young. (For Hinata : she loved Naruto's whisker markings and his determination. Whereas for Chi-Chi : she loved Goku's childish side and his cuteness)
- Both confessed their love to someone. (For Hinata : by protecting Naruto from Pain. Whereas for Chi-Chi : by giving Goku a kiss on the cheek)
- Both were considered weak. (For Chi-Chi : being in her father's shadow. Whereas for Hinata : being weaker than Hanabi)
- Both stay by their love interest's side when they are in in battle. (For Hinata : during the battle against Obito. Whereas for Chi-Chi : during the battle against Piccolo)
- Both of them has a huge crush on them since their childhood, and they would marry them when they reach adulthood. (For Hinata : Naruto. Whereas for Chi-Chi : Goku)
- Both have a fighting style that they developed on their own, but is very similar to another fighting style. (For Hinata : the Eight Trigrams style. Whereas for Chi-Chi : the Turtle Hermit style)
- Both dislike something about themselves during their childhood. (For Hinata : being call a dropout. Whereas for Chi-Chi : being afraid of huge creatures)
- Both get along with one of their husbands friends. (For Hinata : she gets along with Sakura. Whereas for Chi-Chi : she gets along with Bulma)
- Both are over protective of their son. (For Hinata : Boruto. Whereas for Chi-Chi : Gohan)
- Both see that their youngest child acts like their husband. (For Hinata : Himawari. Whereas for Chi-Chi : Goten)
- Both support their husbands job. (For Hinata : due to Naruto being Hokage. Whereas for Chi-Chi : due to Goku being a fighter)
- Both wish that their husband has a second job, so he can spend time with his family. (For Hinata : she wants Naruto not to work 24/7. Whereas for Chi-Chi : she wants Goku to become a radish farmer)
- Ironically both of their wishes are granted which makes them happy. (For Hinata : she is happy that Naruto is home permanently by not working in the office all day. Whereas for Chi-Chi : she is happy that Goku is a farmer so he can spend time with his family and help her pay the bills)
Hinata has some similarities with Tea Gardner from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.
- Both have short hair, and are beautiful.
- Both prefer to settle arguments calmly instead of using violence.
- Both aren't the fighting type, and admire girl things.
- Both like courage and confidence instead of violence and anger.
- Both met the main character during their childhood. (For Hinata : when Naruto got his red scarf ruin. Whereas for Tea : when Yugi gave her a game)
- Both met the main character's grandfather-figure, and find him to be a sweet guy but a prevert. (For Hinata : Hiruzen. Whereas for Tea : Solomon)
- Both can't stand the main character's rival, and will put up with him for the main character's sake. (For Hinata : she can't stand Sasuke, but becomes friends with him after the war. Whereas for Tea : she can't stand Kaiba, but helps him when he is with Yugi)
- Both have male friends instead female friends. (For Hinata : Naruto, Kiba and Shino. Whereas for Tea : Yugi, Joey and Tristan)
- Both call out to the main character to not kill their opponent. (For Hinata : she told Naruto not to kill Obito when they first met him. Whereas for Tea : she told Yugi not to kill Kaiba)
- Both see that the main character is troubled by something other than their skills. (For Hinata : she sees that Naruto hates being an parent less orphan and late bloomer. Whereas for Tea : she sees that Yami Yugi hates having amnesia and living inside the Millnnenium Puzzle)
- Both see their friend in a guilt ridden state, and tells them that they aren't being a burden. Including that they are trying to help them get their confidence back. (For Hinata : she notices how sad Naruto felt after seeing Neji get kill right in front of him. Whereas for Tea : she notices how sad Yami Yugi felt when Yugi took his place to be seal away by Dartz)
- Both can't stand when the main character is teased. (For Hinata : seeing Naruto being bullied by Hibachi. Whereas for Tea : seeing Yami Yugi being bullied by Weevil)
- Both are happy when the main character is back to his normal self. (For Hinata : when Naruto thanks her for being at his side. Whereas for Tea : when she and Yami Yugi decide to find Joey and Tristan)
- Both hate when a female likes their crush. (For Hinata : Naruto's fan girls. Whereas for Tea : Rebecca)
- Both care about somone that is younger than them. (For Hinata : Hanabi. Whereas for Tea : Mokuba)
- Both are brain washed by someone, and they controll them to make the main character helpless. (For Hinata : Toneri. Whereas for Tea : Yami Marik)
- Both were knocked unconscious by someone. (For Hinata : Toneri. Whereas for Tea : Dartz)
- Ironcially both go through great lengths to rescue that person from danger. (For Hinata : going with Naruto to rescue Hanabi from Toneri. Whereas for Tea : going with Yami Yugi to rescue Mokuba from Pegasus)
- Both are happy that the main character is a pacifist and spares his opponents from death. (For Hinata : she is happy that Naruto doesn't kill Obito and Toneri. Whereas for Tea : she is happy that Yami Yugi doesn't kill Pegasus and Dartz)
- Both give the main character a gift to wear around their neck, and to keep as a memento. (For Hinata : she gives Naruto a new red scarf. Whereas for Tea : she gives Yami Yugi a cartouche necklace)
- Both succeed their goal. (For Hinata : she marries Naruto. Whereas for Tea : she becomes a dancer)
Hinata has some similarities with Akiza Izinski from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.
- Both have long hair.
- Both are outcasts.
- Both have a family.
- Both don't want to hurt anyone.
- Both are road models.
- Both are great at medicine.
- Both have the same personality. (Both : sweet, kind, caring and honest)
- Both have a nickname. (For Hinata : Byakugan Princess. Whereas for Akiza : the Black Rose)
- Both are in love with the main character. (For Hinata : Naruto. Whereas for Akiza : Yusei)
- Both hate their childhood and their burden with their family. (For Hinata : she hates being a late bloomer, and having less confidence to impress her father. Whereas for Akiza : she hates when her father misses out on her birthday, and that she has spiritual powers)
Hinata even has many similarities with Eureka from Eureka Seven & Eureka Seven AO.
- Both are beautiful and motherly.
- Both keep things to themselves but open up more to their love interest.
- Both hate to be alone.
- Both don't want to be a burden.
- Both enjoy their time by having company.
- Both settle their arguments kindly instead with violence.
- Both are voiced by Stephanie Sheh. The only difference is that Hinata is voiced by Nana Mizuki in the Japanese version. Whereas Eureka is voiced by Kaori Nazuka.
- Both are younger than the main character. (For Hinata : she is two months younger than Naruto. Whereas for Eureka : she appears the same age as Renton but her actual age is unknown)
- Both have the same personality. (Both : quiet, shy, kind, caring and mysterious)
- Both are over protective of their children. (For Hinata : Boruto and Himawari. Whereas for Eureka : Maurice, Maeter, Linck, and Ao)
- Both tell their fears and problems to someone. (For Hinata : Kurenai. Whereas for Eureka : Gidget)
- Both fell in love with someone during their childhood and they marry them when they reach adulthood. (For Hinata : Naruto, who she met at age 4 and married at age 20. Whereas for Eureka : Renton, who she met at age 14 and married at 16)
Hinata has some similarities with Orihime Inoue from Bleach.
- Both are outcasts.
- Both have long hair.
- Both dislike fighting.
- Both can heal people.
- Both are smart, and got good grades at their respective graduation class.
- Both are shy around the main character but they open up to him more later on.
- Both enjoy making their own food. (However for Hinata : she makes her food sweet. Whereas for Orihime : she makes bad food combinations that taste goid for herself)
- Both were bullied during their childhood. (For Hinata : by having the Byakugan. Whereas for Orihime : by having orange hair)
- Both were raised by a relative. (For Hinata : Ko. Whereas for Orihime : Sora)
- Both were shunned by their father. (For Hinata : having less confident. Whereas for Orihime : being born when Sora was 15)
- Both have a older sibling that they admire. (For Hinata : Neji. Whereas for Orihime : Sora)
- Both were devastated that their older sibling had died. (For Hinata : seeing Neji get kill during a war. Whereas for Orihime : seeing Sora get kill in a car crush)
- Both kept a item as a memento. (For Hinata : she kept Naruto's ruin red scarf. Whereas for Orihime : she kept the hair pins that Sora gave her)
- Both have a female best friend. (For Hinata : Sakura. Whereas for Orihime : Tatsuki)
- Both are in love with someone, and would marry him when they reach adulthood. (For Hinata : she meets Naruto at the age of 3, and married him at the age of 18. Whereas for Orihime : she meets Ichigo at the age of 10, and married him at the age of 27)
- Both have the same personality. (Both : sweet, kind, caring, and shy)
- Both are used as a tool for the enemy. (For Hinata : because of her Byakugan. Whereas for Orihime : because of her healing powers)
- Both were kidnapped by someone. (For Hinata : she was kidnapped by Toneri. Whereas for Orihime : she was kidnapped by Ulquiora)
- Both see a powerful weapon, and makes it their mission to destroy it. (For Hinata : the Tenseigan. Whereas for Orihime : the Hogyoku)
- Both were caught while trying to destroy the weapon. (For Hinata : she was caught by Toneri. Whereas for Orihime : she was caught by Aizen)
- Both are rescued by someone. (For Hinata : Naruto. Whereas for Orihime : Ichigo)
- Both are two months younger than their husband. (For Hinata : she was born on December 27, while Naruto was born on October 10. Whereas for Orihime : she was born on September 3, while Ichigo was born on July 15)
- Both have a son that inherited their facial looks. (For Hinata : a son name Boruto. Whereas for Orihime : a son name Kazui)
- Both are voiced by Stephanie Sheh. The only difference is that Hinata is voiced by Nana Mizuki in the Japanese version. Whereas Orihime is voiced by Yuki Matsuoka.
Hinata has many similarities with Sailor-Multi aka Brass from Medabots.
- Both are not arrogant or anti-social.
- Both use Japanese honorifics.
- Both don't get involved in arguments.
- Both are pacifists because they don't want to harm others.
- Both enjoy friendship over loneliness.
- Both are beautiful, and aren't fan girls.
- Both prefer to fight in teams instead of one on one.
- Both are skilled fighters. (For Hinata : because of her taijutsu. Whereas for Sailor-Multi : because of her aiming)
- Both have purple on them. (For Hinata : she has it for clothes. Whereas for Sailor-Multi : she has it for half of her body)
- Both have a female friend. (For Hinata : she is friends with Sakura. Whereas for Sailor-Multi : she is friends with Arika)
- Both get along with someone. (For Hinata : she gets along with Naruto. Whereas for Sailor-Multi : she gets along with Metabee)
- Both fight very well with someone. (For Hinata : she fights well with Naruto because her taijutsu works well with his ninjutsu skills. Whereas for Sailor-Multi : she works well with Metabee because her aiming works well with his weapons)
- Both are viewed as weak. (For Hinata : she is viewed weak by Hiashi because she has less self confidence. Whereas for Sailor-Multi : she is wiewed weak by Ikki because she has bad aiming)
- Both have a nickname. (For Hinata : Byakugan Princess. Whereas for Sailor-Multi : Brass)
- Both have a eye ability. (For Hinata : the Byakugan. Whereas for Sailor-Multi : scout mode)
Hinata has some similarities with the late Nohara Rin.
- Both have a family, and had short hair during their childhood.
- Both are kind but can get angry.
- Both are medical ninja.
- Both specialize in taijutsu.
- Both prefer to settle arguments gently and calmly without using violence.
- Both are not obsessed fangirls, and focused on their studies at the Ninja Academy.
- Both admire their friends' dream to become Hokage.
- Both never neglect or shunned their friend for being an orphan.
- Both would watch their friend train in the rain without them even knowing, and would encourage them.
- Both care for their home village, and their love ones.
- Both like something sweet. (For Hinata : cinnamon rolls. Whereas for Rin : strawberries)
- Both have a childhood friend that they got along with. (For Hinata : Naruto. Whereas for Rin : Obito)
- Both would feel bad when their friend got teased. (For Hinata : seeing Naruto get erased by Hibachi. Whereas for Rin : seeing Obito get laugh at by their classmates)
- Both would smile whenever they talked to their friend. (However Hinata would blush whenever she smiled at Naruto. Whereas Rin wouldn't blush around Obito)
- Both mourn the lost of a love one. (For Hinata : Neji. Whereas for Rin : Obito)
- Both fought during war. (However Hinata survived the war. Whereas Rin did not)
- Both would watch over their friend from the shadows to make sure he didn't go down a dark path. (However Hinata is successful as she does this with Naruto after Neji dies. Whereas Rin fails since Obito saw her get kill)
- Both make amends with their friend, after they stop a major battle. (For Hinata : she makes amends with Naruto after the battle with Toneri. Whereas for Rin : she makes amends with Obito after the battle with Kaguya)
- Both spend the rest of their life with their friend after the Fourth Shinobi War ends. (For Hinata : she marries Naruto a few months after meeting Toneri. Whereas for Rin : she spends the rest of life with Obito while being dead)
- Both are voiced by Stephanie Sheh. The only difference is that Hinata is voiced by Nana Mizuki in the Japanese version. Whereas Rin is voiced by Haruhi Nano.
Hinata has many similarities with her husband, Uzumaki Naruto.
- Both are reveal to be late bloomers.
- Both were not acknowledge during their childhood.
- Both were classmates during their childhood.
- Both never ostracized or neglected each other during their childhood.
- Both respect one another, and has gone through many lengths to save each other.
- Both dislike violence and would have to use violence to protect their family overall.
- Both did not have a normal childhood. (For Hinata : going through hard training sessions with her father, which made her not have time to play with her little sister. Whereas for Naruto : being an orphan, and Kurama's jinchuriki)
- Both were bullied during their childhood. (For Hinata : being made fun of for the fact that her Byakugan is her eyes, and being shy. Whereas for Naruto : not showing any talent in doing the Kage Bunshin no Technique, and being an orphan)
- Both have one person that they look up to during their childhood. (For Hinata : her father. Whereas for Naruto : Iruka)
- Both are from a clan that is famous. (For Hinata : the Hyuga clan. Whereas for Naruto : the Uzumaki clan)
- Both have two people that they wanted them to acknowledge them overall as a shinobi instead of a weakling. (For Hinata : her father and Neji. Whereas for Naruto : Iruka and Sasuke)
- Both were shunned during their childhood. (For Hinata : having less confident to be the leader of the Hyuga clan. Whereas for Naruto : being an orphan)
- Both have one person that they see as their surrogate older brother. (For Hinata : Neji. Whereas for Naruto : Sasuke)
- Both were born in a season that represents them as late bloomers. (For Hinata : Winter. Whereas for Naruto : Fall)
- Both have one person that never gave up on losing faith in them, and have truly care about them from the start. (For Hinata : her father. Whereas for Naruto : Iruka)
- Both were not placed on the same genin team when they graduated from the Ninja Academy. (For Hinata : Team Kurenai. Whereas for Naruto : Team Kakashi)
- Both of their senseis' show a strong fate in them to let their senior classmates know that they had change since their time at the Ninja Academy. (For Hinata : Kurenai. Whereas for Naruto : Kakashi)
- Both were defeated in a sparring match so many times by someone during their childhood. (For Hinata : Neji. Whereas for Naruto : Sasuke)
- Both were also defeated by another person in a sparing match against them during their childhood. (For Hinata : Hanabi. Whereas for Naruto : Choji)
- Both enter the Ninja Academy at a young age and didn't graduate until they were pre-teens. (For Hinata : age 3 - 12. Whereas for Naruto : age 4 - 12)
- Both didn't confess their true feelings to each other until they got older. (Although Hinata did confess at age 16 during Pain's invasion and Naruto didn't have time to react to it. However he finally confessed directly at age 19)
- Both got married to each other when they became adults. (at age 20)
- Both of them had a red thread of fate that led them to be together. (For example it was Naruto's long old ruined red scarf that led them to be together)
- Both had one nickname that they hated to be known by during their childhood. (For Hinata : Byakugan monster. Whereas for Naruto : Dead-last)
- However both would gain a new nickname when they became adults. (For Hinata : Byakugan Princess. Whereas for Naruto : the Hero of Konoha)
- Both have one child that look exactly like them. (For Hinata : their daughter, Himawari. Whereas for Naruto : their son, Boruto)
- Both have one place that they were known to have train at during their childhood. (For Hinata : her clan district. Whereas for Naruto : the training field)
- Both act exactly like Naruto's late parents. (For Both : Kushina including that Hinata also acts like Minato as well)
- Both have one person that considers them as their true older sibling. (For Hinata : Hanabi. Whereas for Naruto : Konohamaru)
- Both have one favorite color that they wear throughout their whole life. (For Hinata : purple. Whereas for Naruto : orange)
- Both care about one clan that they want to change overall. (Both : the Hyuga clan)
- Both hate when someone makes fun of a late person's legacy or memory right in front of them. (Both : Neji)
- Both hate it when someone insults there family. (For Hinata : Neji. Whereas for Naruto : his late parents)
- Both have two people from the Hyuga clan that knew that they would end up to together. (Both : Neji and Hanabi)
- Both have two signature techniques that are famous. (For Hinata : The Eight Trigrams Technique, and the Gentle Step Twin Lion Fists. Whereas for Naruto : the Kage Bunshin no Technique, and the Rasengan)
Hinata has some similarities with her late mother in law, Uzumaki Kushina.
- Both didn't like being bullied in their childhood.
- Both are great at martial arts. Including that they are scary when they get real angry.
- Both have long hair, and are great at knitting.
- Both would settle arguments calmly instead of with violence.
- Both try to get to know their love interest when they became genin.
- Both stay by their comrade's side when they are in in battle.
- Both are fearless, and tries to not show their fears in front of their allies.
- Both are a great cook, including that they care about their friends and family.
- Both of their hair is a dark color. (For Hinata : blue. Whereas for Kushina : red)
- Both had their own red thread of fate. (For Hinata : she fell in love with Naruto because of his ruin red scarf. Whereas for Kushina : she fell in love with Minato because of her hair)
- Both fall in love with someone, and would marry them once they reach adulthood. (For Hinata : Naruto. Whereas for Kushina : Minato)
- Both were shock when their husbands confessed that they love them. (For Hinata : When Naruto confessed that he didn't have any parents or friends, and now wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Whereas for Kushina : When Minato confessed that he loved her hair, and didn't want to lose her)
- Both were kidnapped by Kumo shinobi for their special ability. (For Hinata : she was kidnapped for her Byakugan. Whereas for Kushina : she was kidnapped for her chakra)
- Both were rescue by someone after they got kidnapped. (For Hinata : Naruto. Whereas for Kushina : Minato)
- Both were kidnapped again by a different enemy for a different reason. (For Hinata : she was kidnapped by Toneri, so he can marry her. Whereas for Kushina : she was kidnapped by Obito, so he can use Kurama)
- Both were rescued again, and found out that their husbands defeated the enemy very differently. (For Hinata : she sees Naruto save Toneri from getting kill by the sun. Whereas for Kushina : she learns that Minato stop Obito from controlling Kurama)
- Both have a nickname that they hated during their childhood. (For Hinata : Byakugan Monster. Whereas for Kushina : Tomato)
- However both gained a new nickname when they got older. (For Hinata : Byakugan Princess. Whereas for Kushina : the Red Hot-Blooded Habanero)
- Both dislike something about themselves during their childhood. But got over it when they got older. (For Hinata : being call a dropout. Whereas for Kushina : her hair)
- Both of them were against a plan that would put the person that they care about in danger. (For Hinata : refusing for Boruto to go on a dangerous mission with Sasuke. Whereas for Kushina : leaving Naruto an orphan)
- In the end both of them agreed to these terms that ended up saving Naruto's life for good. (For Hinata : seeing that Boruto finally acts Naruto while wearing her husbands old jacket, and Sasuke's scratched forehead protector. Whereas for Kushina : seeing that the plan was best for Naruto and the village)
- Both of them would feel bad about how their son was being treated. (For Hinata : feeling bad that Boruto has a strained relationship with Naruto being the Hokage. Whereas for Kushina : making Naruto an orphan, and a jinchuriki)
- In the end both of them become happy after their sons forgive them about what happen to them. (For Hinata : becoming happy that Boruto finally respects Naruto being the Hokage, and longer has a strained relationship with him. Whereas for Kushina : hearing Naruto tell her that he never blamed her for making him an orphan, and a jinchuriki including that he is happy to be her son)
- Both have Hina in their name. (For Hinata : (Hina)ta. Whereas for Kushina : Kush(hina).
- In the Naruto SD anime, Hinata's hair floats up the exact same way as Kushina's when she is extremely angry.
Hinata has many similarities with Endou Natsumi from Inazuma Eleven & Inazuma Eleven Go.
- Both have long hair.
- Both follow the rules.
- Both learn how to cook.
- Both have a father. (For Hinata : her father, Hiashi. Whereas for Natsumi : her father, Raimon Souichirou)
- Both have a female best friend. (For Hinata : she gets along with Sakura. Whereas for Natsumi : she gets along with Aki)
- Both admire the main character. (For Hinata : she admires Naruto for being a hard worker. Whereas for Natsumi : she admires Endou's determination)
- Both are the wifes of the main character. (For Hinata : Naruto. Whereas for Natsumi : Endou)
- Both take their husbands last name. (For Hinata : Uzumaki. Whereas for Natsumi : Endou)
- Both support the main characters job. (For Hinata : she supports Naruto being the Hokage. Whereas for Natsumi : she supports Endou Mamoru being a soccer coach)
Hinata has some similarities with Hanajima Saki from Fruits Basket.
- Both have long hair.
- Both live with their family.
- Both have a favorite color. (For Hinata : purple. Whereas for Saki : black)
- Both have a younger sibling. (For Hinata : Hanabi. Whereas for Saki : Megumi)
- Both have special powers. (For Hinata : the Byakugan. Whereas for Saki : electric sparks)
- Both were believed to be curse. (For Hinata : being call Byakugan monster. Whereas for Saki : being call a witch)
- Both have a dark past. (For Hinata : because of her clan being the strongest. Whereas for Saki : because a boy wanted her to eat a bug)
- Both met the main character when they were young. (For Hinata : she met Naruto when he got his red scarf being ruin. Whereas for Saki : she met Tohru when she gave her lunch)
- Both admire the main character. (For Hinata : she likes Naruto because he is kind, and that he never rejected her. Whereas for Saki : she likes Tohru because she is happy, and that she never teased her)
- Both know about the main character's horrible childhood. (For Hinata : she knows that Naruto is an orphan. Whereas for Saki : she knows about Tohru losing her mother in a car crash)
- Both can't stand seeing the main character get bullied. (For Hinata : she hates when Naruto gets bully by Hibachi. Whereas for Saki : she hates when Tohru gets bully by the Prince Yuki Fan Club)
- Both would try to get along with one of the main character's friends, but for the main character's sake. (For Hinata : Sasuke. Whereas for Saki : Yuki)
- Both get along with a female character. (For Hinata : Sakura. Whereas for Saki : Arisa)
- Both are skilled at something. (For Hinata : knitting. Whereas for Saki : playing Rich Man Poor Man)
- Both have the same personality. (Both : quiet, weird, sweet, kind and mysterious)
Hinata has many similarities with Mara Jane from Star Wars.
- Both have long hair.
- Both are beautiful.
- Both hate being weak.
- Both have a dark past. (For Hinata : training to be a leader. Whereas for Mara : training to be a crininal)
- Both are in love with the main character. (For Hinata : being in love with Naruto. Whereas for Mara : being in love with Luke)
- Both have the same personality. (Both : kind, caring, honest, shy, quiet and mysterious)
- Both have long hair.
- Both don't want to be apart of a scheme.
- Both hate killing.
- Both have imagination.
- Both have the same personality. (Both : sweet, kind, caring, honest, and quiet)
Hinata has many similarities with Vixey from The Fox and the Hound.
Hinata has some similarities with Lilo from Lilo & Stitch.
Hinata has many similarities with May from Pokemon.
Hinata has some similarities with Serena from Pokemon as well.
Hinata has many similarities with Katara from Avatar the Last Airbender.
Hinata has some similarities with Sakuya from Samurai Deeper Kyo.
Hinata has many similarities with Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho.
Hinata has some similarities with Viper from Kung Fu Panda.
Hinata has many similarities with skilled thief Viper from Jackie Chan Adventures.
Hinata has some similarities with Sally Acorn from Sonic the Hedgehog.
Hinata has many similarities with Sylvette Suede from Tegami Bachi/Tegami Bachi Reverse.
Hinata has some similarities with Blackfire from Teen Titans.
Hinata even has some similarities with Starfire from Teen Titans as well.
Hinata has many similarities with Lori from Zatch Bell.
Hinata also has similarities with Kolulu from Zatch Bell as well.
Hinata even has some similarities with Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter.
Hinata has many similarities with Ami from Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi.
Hinata has some similarities with Milly Thompson from Trigun.
Hinata has some similarities with Destiny from Finding Dory.
Hinata has many similarities with Jane Porter from Tarzan.
Hinata has some similarities with Kitty Softpaws from Puss in Boots.
Hinata has many similarities with Mary Jane Watson from Spider-Man.
- Both have long hair.
- Both have a family.
- Both enjoy friendship over loneliness.
- Both hate bullies.
- Both live with someone. (For Hinata : her father. Whereas for Mary Jane : her aunt)
- Both have a dark hair color. (For Hinata : blue. Whereas for Mary Jane : red)
- Both are the childhood friend of the main character. (For Hinata : Naruto. Whereas for Mary Jane : Peter Parker)
- Both have the same personality. (Both : sweet, kind, caring, honest, and respectful)
Hinata's genjutsu world counterpart has some similarities with the real world Sakura.
Hinata has many similarities with Ino's genjutsu world counterpart.
Hinata has some similarities with from Meiko Mochizuki from Digimon Tri.
Hinata has many similarities with Yuzu Hiragi from Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V.
Hinata even has similarities with Yuzu's second alter ego, Ruri Kurosaki.
Hinata has some similarities with Ty Lee from Avatar the Last Airbender as well.
Hinata has many similarities with Oboro Iga from Berserk.
Hinata has some similarities with Mikuru Asahina from The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Hinata has many similarities with Konata Izumi from Lucky Star.
Hinata has some similarities with Kudou "Fuyuppe" Fuyuka from Inazuma Eleven & Inazuma Eleven Go as well.
Hinata has many similarities with Dr. Rebecca Holiday from Generator Rex.
Hinata has many similarities with Mimi Tachikawa from Digimon Adventures/02/Tri.
Hinata has some similarities with from Kari Kamiya from Digimon Adventures/02/Tri as well.
- Japanese : Nana Mizuki (2002 – Present)
- English : Stephanie Sheh (2005 – Present)
- Played by in (Live Action) : Saki Takahashi (Live Spectacle Naruto)
all information on Hyuga Hinata is from http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Hinata_Hy%C5%ABga