12 years ago, a vicious tailed beast known as the Nine-Tails, attacked the shinobi village of Konohagakure. Many shinobi fought the beast, but it defeated and killed all those that stood in front of it. Luckily, the town was saved when the village's leader, the Fourth Hokage, sealed the beast with an infant boy at the cost of his own life. In the present, Uzumaki Naruto is a prankster who is constantly causing trouble throughout Konohagakure, most recently having placed graffiti all over the Hokage Monument. Most of the village dislikes him for it, but he enjoys the attention garnered from reprimands, as he had no parents or friends due to the villagers abusing him daily for no apparent reason.
During class Naruto shows his Sexy Technique to his teacher, Umino Iruka. But he gets scolded and as punishment, he has to clean off all the paint off the Hokage Monument, however Naruto gets excited when Iruka treats him to dinner at Ramen Ichiraku. While eating at the restaurant, Naruto tells Iruka that his idol is the Fourth Hokage and that his dream goal is to become Hokage so he have the villagers acknowledge him. Soon after Naruto asks Iruka if he can try on his forehead protector, but Iruka tells him no. As payback Naruto asks him for another bowl of Ramen, while Iruka realizes that this is why Naruto took off his goggles.
Despite claiming to be a talented shinobi who would someday become Hokage, Naruto is incapable of performing basic techniques such as the Clone Technique. When this leaves him unable to graduate from the Nija Academy for the third time, one of his instructors, Mizuki, tells Naruto that if he could steal the Scroll of Seals and learn one of its secret techniques he would be allowed to continue on to the ranks of the ninja anyway and graduate. After successfully stealing the scroll, Naruto is caught by Iruka, who realized that Naruto had been tricked. Iruka protects Naruto from the Mizuki who is planning to take the scroll for himself.
As Mizuki tells Naruto that he has the Nine-Tails sealed within him on the day of his birth. He goes on to explain that the villagers hate him for the monster he contains and that Iruka, whose parents were killed by the Nine-Tails, must hate him the most. Iruka said this was not the case, as he did not blame Naruto for the beast's actions, and that in fact he, having grown up also craving attention, sympathized with Naruto. Naruto believes Iruka and uses his newly-mastered Multiple Shadow Clone Technique to defeat Mizuki. Amazed by the complicated technique that Naruto has learned, Iruka officially makes Naruto a ninja by giving him his own forehead protector, and tells him that they will celebrate by having Ramen. However Naruto secretly smiles and happily cries as he jumps on Iruka by hugging him. As he is in pain from his back wound, Iruka says that Naruto will face the hardships of being a ninja, but says he will tell Naruto this when they get to the restaurant.
During the day, Naruto uses a bizarre photograph of himself in his Ninja Registration Form. The Third Hokage tells him to retake his photo, as the photograph made him seem senseless, but Naruto refuses and used his Sexy Technique in order to frustrate him. Soon after the Hokage asks Naruto why he isn't wearing his forehead protector, but Naruto tells him that he doesn't want to damage. Then the Hokage wonders why Naruto made such a weird paint design.
However a child tries to attack the Hokage but trips on his own scarf. But then a ninja arrives and seems concerned for the child. He notices Naruto, identifying him as the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox. The child claims that Naruto made him fall, trying to deny the fact that he falls over himself. However Naruto angrily tells the boy the truth. But, Ebisu, tells him that the child is the grandson of the Third Hokage; revealing him to be Sarutobi Konohamaru. When Konohamaru taunts Naruto by calling him weak, Naruto angrily hits him on the head, this even surprised Konohamaru mostly.
Soon after Ebisu tells Konohamaru to stay away from Naruto and to train with him so he will be Hokage quicker, but the boy slips away during Ebisu's speech to follow Naruto. Ebisu panics and leaves swiftly while the Hokage comments that Naruto wouldn't teach Konohamaru something stupid. Konohamaru follows Naruto through Konohagakure, by trying to avoid being spotted. However Naruto sees through his obvious disguise, and calls the disguise weak. Therefore Konohamaru ordered Naruto to train and teach him how to overthrow the Third Hokage. However Naruto refuses and Konohamaru calls him boss which shocks him. Soon after Naruto finally agrees.
While in public he tells Konohamaru that Sexy Technique is about hard work and guts. He then tells him to transform into the beautiful lady that he is pointing at. When Konohamaru asks Naruto if he looks like the woman he wanted him to transform in, Naruto lies but the real woman standing behind Naruto angrily hits him on the head. Then Naruto sneaks Konohamaru into the book store to look at magazines but the book store owner catches. He then hits Naruto with his broom off screen. Soon after Naruto has a black which suggests that he got it from the book store owner. So he and Konohamaru arrive at the woman's bath house, they use their sexy technique to get in but the girls recognize Naruto right away and break him up off screen.
While they are in the forest, Konohamaru apologized to Naruto for everything so far because of his status as the grandson of the Hokage. But Naruto tells him not to worry and now he can master the Sexy Technique. Mean while Ebisu finally where's the two boys location. As the boys take a break, Naruto asked Konohamaru why he is obsessed with the Hokage. Konohamaru tells him that the people never identified him as himself and just sees him as the Hokage's grandson. So Konohamaru wants to be Hokage, but Naruto tells him that it is not easy to become one he too shares the same goal which shocks Konohamaru.
At the rooftops of the Hokage mansion, Iruka asks the Hokage about Naruto's ninja registration form. The Hokage tells Iruka that Naruto did the assignment and Iruka is happy. Iruka tells the Hokage that he took Naruto out for Ramen the other day, and that Naruto truly wants be acknowledge by the whole village. However the Hokage explains that he has issued a decree not to let anybody know the fact that Naruto is a jinchuriki, and that he would punish any who would break it. He also says that the Fourth Hokage wants the village to see Naruto as a hero, but most of the villagers saw Naruto as the Nine-Tails itself. Including that Naruto has a hard showing the villagers that he exists.
Meanwhile Ebisu finally finds Konohamaru and Naruto. However Konohamaru announces that he was trying to learn the way to beat his grandfather so he could become Hokage. Ebisu taunts Konohamaru, who responds by using the Sexy Technique on him which distracts him. But Ebisu laughed upon seeing this technique and criticizes it which angers Naruto. So Ebisu try's to bring Konohamaru home by grabbing him through his scarf. Then Naruto uses his Shadow Clone Technique while The Hokage watches them with his Telescope Technique. Naruto transforms the clones into nude women with the Sexy Technique, causing Ebisu to have a huge nose bleed and fall unconscious.
However this surprises the third as he praised Naruto for the brilliant idea, but comment that the latter might use the technique on him too. Soon after Naruto tells Konohamaru that there is no shortcut to be Hokage, and that he had to work real hard which made one person acknowledged him so far. However Konohamaru realizes what Naruto is talking about and that they would be rivals. He also says that they would fight one day for the title of Hokage, however Naruto agrees and calls Konohamaru by his name which shocks him. He then tells Konohamaru to look forward to that day, but he also reveals his ninja status to the young boy. Naruto then waves goodbye to Konohamaru, while the Hokage comments that Naruto's finally start his journey of being a shinobi.
While eating breakfast, Naruto decides to wear his forehead protector instead of his goggles. As he walks to class Naruto sees Konohamaru fail attempt to attack him. Konohamaru reminds Naruto that they were supposed to play ninja since they are rivals. But Naruto reminds Konohamaru that he is a real head now and shows his forehead protector to him. This shocks Konohamaru overall and Naruto smiles. While at the Ninja Academy, Naruto happily sits at a desk. Meanwhile Sakura fixes her hair and is about to leave her house. But her inner self comments that her parents treat her like a child. While walking in the village, Sakura admits that she's not a student no more, but a female shinobi. However she sees Ino leave her house. The two began walking together even saying that their ruin friendship is in the past. So the two girls begin to race to the Ninja Academy.
Soon after Naruto speaks to Shikamaru. While Hinata is happy that Naruto graduate. Then Sakura and Ino might it to class, but they argue on who might it fist. Sakura then pushes Naruto out the way so see can sit next to Sasuke. However all the girls comment that they want to sit next to Sasuke.
Therefore Naruto jumps on top of the desk, and the two glare at each other. That is until a boy sitting in front of Naruto accidentally bumps his elbow onto Naruto and causes him to fall on Sasuke, much to everyone's disgust. Soon after Naruto gets up by Sakura and all the other fan girls off screen. Meanwhile the Third Hokage tells all the jonin about Naruto and Sasuke.
Later, Iruka announced the members of Team 7, Team 8, and Team 10. However Naruto is happy to be with but hates being with Sasuke. Whereas Sakura hates being with Naruto but loves being with Sasuke. Upon seeing how sad Naruto is, Hinata wished that she was on Naruto's team, but she ends up with Kiba and Shino. Therefore Sakura gives Ino a peace sign, which angers her rival. However Ino is annoy that she has Shikamaru and Choji on her team.
Shortly after Naruto approaches Sakura to have lunch, but she coldly dismisses him and leaves to find Sasuke. Upon sitting on a rooftop, Naruto angrily formulates a plan to make Sakura dislike Sasuke. However Naruto sees Sasuke eating lunch by himself. Therefore Naruto ambushes Sasuke through an open window, but the two were unaware that Ino and her teammates saw this. Soon after Sasuke is shown standing over a bound and gagged Naruto. Later, Sakura comments that everything about her changed except for her huge forehead. However she sees Sasuke leaning on a tree, and she day dreams about him wanting to comment her on her beautiful forehead.
However she cames back into reality when he asked her what she thought of Naruto. Sakura angrily replied that Naruto was annoying and that if he always had his way, she would never be happy. She then tells Sasuke that all she wants is for him to like her. As Sakura leaned in to kiss Sasuke, his stomach acts up and he was forced to go to the bathroom. This makes Sakura wonder if Sasuke is shy. However it was shown that Naruto had actually overpowered Sasuke and tied him up.
Meanwhile, the real Sasuke, who had managed to escape Naruto's bonds, walked by Sakura, who asks her if she seen Naruto. But she asks him why does he always to see Naruto. She even proceeded to mock Naruto, believing that he was such a brat because he has no parents to teach him how to behave. She even says that he is alone because of his childhood. However Sasuke became angry at Sakura saying that children who are orphaned fell lonely because they had no one in their life to take care of them.
Sakura asks him what does he mean, but he tells Sakura that she was annoying which shocks her and he leaves.Then Naruto runs into Sasuke after leaving the restroom. Sasuke ask him why he used the Transformation Technique to pass as him, but Naruto refuses to answer him. He then uses the Shadow Clone Technique to attack Sasuke, but all of the clones had to go to the bathroom. Upon seeing this Sasuke calls Naruto a idiot and leaves. While Sakura resolved to be a little nicer to Naruto in the future. Soon after Naruto approaches Sakura and when she tries to be friendly to him, Naruto thought that it was Sasuke who transformed into her. He yells at Sakura but flees once more to the bathroom, as he leaves this annoys Sakura. The Third Hokage and Kakashi were at Naruto's house. The Hokage briefs Kakashi on Team 7, which Kakashi would be leading. Kakashi examines a carton and declares that the milk had spoiled a long time ago, commenting about how much of a problem Naruto would be. The episode ends with Naruto in the bathroom while having a stomach ache.
As Naruto and his teammates wait for Kakashi. Naruto decides to put an eraser in between the open door as a prank for their new teacher being late. Sakura tells Naruto not to blame her for this, her inner self likes the idea. While Sasuke comments their teacher would fall for it. However Kakashi for it, which makes Naruto laugh while Sakura says that the prank was Naruto's idea whereas her inner self says the prank was awesome. While Sasuke thinks that Kakashi, however much to him and his teammates annoyance they hears Kakashi say that he dislikes them.
While on the rooftop, Kakashi takes the day to let the team bond by having them each introduce themselves to each other. However Kakashi tells his students his name, and that he has many hobbies. Soon after Naruto says that he likes ramen, hates how to cook it, likes pulling pranks and that he wants to be Hokage one day so the villagers can look up to him. As Sakura introudced herself, she merely blushes and glances at Sasuke. While Sasuke says he hates many things and dislikes the word "dreams", but declares that his goal is to kill a certain man.
After introductions are done, Kakashi then instructs them they will undergo a survival test. Kakashi then tells them to meet him at the training and not to eat breakfast. The next day while waiting at the training field, the students learn that one of Kakashi's hobbies is being late. Soon after he explains the test will be a survival battle in which the students attempt to take one of two bells from Kakashi. He then says only two will pass the test, and one will be sent back to the Ninja Academy.
As the test is beginning, Sakura and Sasuke start by hiding, but Naruto, attacks Kakashi with shadow clones. A clone then grabs Kakashi's back and all the other clones grab Kakashi's legs to hold him still while the real Naruto can attack Kakashi. However Kakashi evades Naruto's attack with a replacement technique leaving Naruto to fight his own clones. As Naruto then notices a bell lying under a nearby tree, he falls for a snare set by Kakashi, leaving him hanging upside down. Kakashi recovers the bell and lectures Naruto about falling for obvious traps. At that time, Sasuke attacks his sensei with shuriken and kunai, seemingly killing Kakashi.
However Kakashi evaded Sasuke's previous attack. He then deals with Sakura by luring her into a genjutsu. By making her see that Sasuke is hurt, which causes her to pass out. Meanwhile Sasuke fights using taijutsu on Kakashi, while he can't read his book. Then Sasuke uses a fire technique on Kakashi, but he evaded the attack by using his Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique. Soon after Naruto sees where the lunches are at. While Sakura is no longer under the effect of the genjutsu, so she tries to find Sasuke. Soon after she finds Sasuke incapacitated and passes out. When she wakes up, she hugs Sasuke and he tells her that he was close enough to touch a bell. Which shock her, but she tells him that they can try again next time. But he angrily tells her that he is a avenger, and this confuses her.
Meanwhile Naruto tries to steal some lunch, but is caught. As time runs out, Kakashi says that the three will be completely dropped from the bell test, but cannot become ninja due to their incomprehension of the test's true goal: team-work. Sasuke then becomes angry and tries to attack Kakashi but the latter holds him down on the ground, which angers Sakura. However Kakashi tells Naruto that he attacked alone, and didn't even know that Sakura was at his location. While he says that Sakura knew where Naruto was, but didn't want to help him and only chose to find Sasuke. Whereas Sasuke chose not to work with Naruto and Sakura since he believed that he can do the task on his own. Kakashi then looks at the memorial stone, and his students learn that all victims that have their name on the stone had die trying to protect others.
He then instructs Sakura and Sasuke that if they are caught feeding Naruto food, they will fail the test. Sasuke turns around and offers Naruto some of his lunch after hearing his stomach growl. As Sakura tells him not do, Sasuke states that he does not sense Kakashi nearby, and that Naruto would be a liability to them later since his weakness would impair their teamwork. Sakura sees this and offers Naruto her food as well, although she is annoy that she has to feed him since Naruto's hands were tied to the post. As soon as Naruto is fed, Kakashi dramatically appears before them.
Kakashi apparently prepares to punish them all, but Sakura explains that they gave Naruto food because he's a member of their team. Therefore Kakashi then announces that they have all passed his test. He informs the team that they are the first team to ever pass his test and that they are now officially his students. He explains one of a ninja's most important rules: those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum. Naruto and Sakura are happy, but Sasuke smirks. Therefore Kakashi goes them a thumbs up along with telling them that their first mission begins tomorrow, and to get some rest. As he, Sasuke and Sakura leave, Naruto angrily tells them to untie him from the stomp log.
After successfully completing another D-ranked mission, which involved catching a cat. Naruto relentlessly asks the Hokage for a higher level mission. Therefore Team 7 is assigned to a mission escorting master bridge-builder Tazuna to the Land of Waves, and protecting him while he finishes building his bridge. It turns out that this task is more difficult than a C-rank mission. On their way to the Land of Waves, two Chunin-level ninja from Kirigakure emerge from a puddle and ambush them. The Demon Brothers apparently defeat Kakashi and then turn to the genin and Tazuna. Before the two have a chance to attack Tazuna, Kakashi reappears and effortlessly defeats them.
This makes Kakashi disappointed with the way Naruto poorly handled the situation, then proceeds to compliment Sakura and Sasuke for their courage. Sasuke calls Naruto a scary cat, which angers him. While Sakura suggests to quit the mission since Kakashi pointed out that Naruto's wound is poisoned. However Naruto takes out a kunai and stabs his hand with it in order to remove the poison. He then makes an oath that he will never run away or back down from any mission, threat, or enemy a including that he will not lose to Sasuke.
Soon after Kakashi observes that Naruto's wound had already begun to heal and assumes that it was due to the healing power of the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox. Subsequently, Gato, who hired the Demon Brothers to eliminate Tazuna, is shown complaining about their failure and states that there is a high-level ninja accompanying Tazuna. However Zabuza threatens Gatō with his Kubikiribocho. He states that he is the Demon of the Hidden Mist and that this time he himself will go and eradicate Tazuna.
As Team 7 is on a motorboat, that owned by Kaji. They secretly headed towards the Land of Waves while cover in fog. However Kakashi threatened to abandon the mission if Tazuna did not provide an adequate explanation for lying about the mission's difficulty level. Therefore He told them that an extremely wealthy businessman called Gato was responsible for his country's struggles, and could not afford any high ranked missions. Later as they were walking, Kakashi suddenly told everyone to duck just before a giant sword spun over them and a ninja appeared on the handle of the sword. The ninja revealed himself to be Zabuza Momochi, a missing-nin from Kirigakure. Zabuza demanded to have Tazuna, to which Kakashi refused.
When Kakashi recognized Zabuza, he was forced to use his Sharingan. Naruto and Sakura are shock and confused. But Sasuke immediately recognized it and explained, along with Zabuza, that the Sharingan is a dojutsu that can immediately see and anticipate all ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu at hand. Sasuke himself was confused, as only members of his clan wielded the Sharingan. Soon after Zabuza summoned a thick veil of mist, and Kakashi informed his team to protect Tazuna.
The great tension between the two jonin causes Sasuke to have a panic attack, but Kakashi is able to calm him down. Zabuza stated that it was over, and prepared to strike them all with his sword. However Kakashi raced toward them and stabbed Zabuza with his kunai just in time, but Zabuza revealed that he merely used a water clone. He then sliced Kakashi in half, but Kakashi, who also used a clone, appeared behind Zabuza, catching him off guard, and held a kunai to Zabuza's throat. However Zabuza captures Kakashi in his water technique.
With Kakashi captured in Zabuza's Water Prison Technique, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are forced to defend against Zabuza's attacks. As Kakashi tells them to run. Naruto instinctively moves to flee. However while feeling the pain in his hand, Naruto remembers his oath of pain. He decides to fight to save Kakashi and keep Tazuna alive. Therefore he tells Sasuke that he has a plan. Naruto uses his Shadow Clone Technique to completely surround Zabuza's clone, who, with one swing of his sword, causes most of Naruto's clones to scatter and disappear. The remaining Naruto passes a Fuma Shuriken to Sasuke, who senses his team-mate's plan. Sasuke uses the Shadow Shuriken Technique, by throwing two shurikens at Zabuza. Zabuza easily catches the first shuriken, but only dodges the second at the last moment. Once past Zabuza, the second shuriken transforms back into Naruto who had disguised himself to trick the superior ninja. Naruto throws a kunai at Zabuza that forces him to stop his technique, therefore freeing Kakashi from his prison.
As Naruto's strategy and teamwork with Sasuke is a success. Zabuza is forced to break his hold on Kakashi to avoid their attack. Saved from Zabuza's Water Prison Technique, Kakashi praised Naruto for his little plan, which Naruto didn't mind explaining to everyone. Soon after Kakashi attacks his enemy with multiple water techniques copied from Zabuza using his Sharingan. Zabuza becomes agitated seeing his own techniques used against him, and Kakashi easily defeats him. Before Kakashi can deliver the finishing blow, Zabuza is seemingly killed by a young hunter-nin from Kirigakure. Naruto is angry and jealous that someone so young could easily defeat an opponent that gave Team 7 so much trouble, but Kakashi says that there are many ninja younger than Naruto yet stronger than himself. The hunter-nin leaves with Zabuza's body, and Kakashi collapses from exhaustion due to the overuse of his Sharingan.
While is brought to Tazuna's house to recover from overuse of his Sharingan. As he wakes up, Kakashi realizes that Zabuza's death had been odd, and concludes that it had probably been an act. This shocks the whole team, and soon afterwards they meet Inari. As Inari criticizes them by telling them that Gato is going to kill them, and that heroes don't exist. Naruto decides to give Inari a piece of his mind, however as he hears Inari crying in his room as he mourns his father's death. Naruto becomes depress as well, and decided not to punish Inari.
Elsewhere, the hunter-nin, named Haku, revives Zabuza, even revealing that he is in league with the missing-nin. Zabuza promises to crush Kakashi when they meet again. In the meantime, both Kakashi and Zabuza need to rest for at least a week to recover from their battle. To prepare for Zabuza's likely return, Kakashi takes Team 7 to the nearby woods for training, where they learn to walk up vertical surfaces using only their chakra. Sakura performs this perfectly the first time, but Naruto and Sasuke require extra training. However Kakashi notices that Naruto is finally getting a good grasp on teamwork by talking to Sakura, along with also recognizing that Naruto's chakra is the highest of all three of them that is present.
While Naruto and Sasuke try to outdo each other in their Tree Climbing Practice, a worker of Tazuna's named Giichi quits, and tries to convince Tazuna to give up building the bridge. Later on their way home from a food market, Sakura is astonished by the poverty in the Land of Waves (and how many people want to steal her bag, which she initially thinks is a way to grab her butt), and Tazuna points out that their country would be much better off if the bridge were completed and Gato removed from power. Following dinner in which Naruto and Sasuke are constantly eating and puking in an attempt to gain stronger, Sakura becomes annoy by her teammates rivalry. However after dinner she asks why Inari often stares at the family photo on the wall, which is torn so that a person's face and upper body are gone. Tsunami explains that the person missing from the photo was her husband. While Tazuna says that the person in the photo was a true hero. Angy upon hearing this Inari leaves the table, making Tsunami chase after him. However before leaving, Tsunami tells Tazuna not to talk about her husband in front of Inari. After Tsunami leaves, Tazuna then explains that Kaiza, was not only a hero in the Land of Waves but Inari's stepfather. Kaiza was a traveling fisherman, who initially met Inari after saving him from drowning. However Inari came to rely on him heavily to the point, where he wouldn't stand up for himself. Kaiza became revered as a hero when he single-handedly saved a large portion of the village from a flood. However, when Gato arrived, he had Kaiza killed in an attempt to destroy the hope of the land, a strategy that sadly succeeded and traumatised Inari. Upon being moved by the story, Naruto decides to show Inari that there are still heroes in the world.
Haku is in a hideout as he decides to go out with a basket. Meanwhile Kakashi and the others wonder why Naruto didn't came back last night. While everyone eats breakfast, Inari is silent when everyone compares Naruto to his grandfather. However Sasuke doesn't think that Naruto will survie the tree walking training. Upon getting up, Sasuke decided to go walking. After leaving, Sakura sees that Sasuke had already finish eating breakfast. As Haku is picking medicinal herbs in the forest when he encounters a sleeping Naruto, who is exhausted from training. He wakes Naruto, who loudly proclaims that he is training to become stronger while believing that Haku to be a girl, and subsequently trying to impress "her". Haku tells Naruto that only when a person has someone precious to protect does that person become truly strong. Naruto considers this statement and enthusiastically agrees. Haku leaves after revealing his true gender to a shocked Naruto. While walking Haku and Sasuke walk pass each other. While Naruto is shock after learning Haku's gender, Sasuke shows up to check on Naruto. He hits him on head, and scolds him for missing breakfast. The two boys continue their Tree Climbing Practice into the evening, until they finally make it to the top of their respective trees.
While eating dinner, Inai yells at Naruto saying that he'll never understand him. However Naruto angrily tells Inari that he can cry all he wants and calls him a crybaby. This shocks Inari, while Sakura scolds Naruto. But Nsruto doesn't care and leaves afterwards while Inari still cries. As Inari sits outside his house, Kakashi comes and talks to him. He tells Inari that Naruto doesn't mean what he say earlier. However Kakashi tells Inari about Naruto being an orphan, including that he never knew his parents. But Kakashi tells Inari that Naruto doesn't have any friends and that the villagers hate him, all of this shock Inari. However Kakashi says he never saw Naruto get angry or upset about anything. Including that Naruto understands Inari because he got tire of crying and knows what it truly means to be alone. The next day the team lets Naruto rest, while they go with Tazuna. Soon after Naruto wakes up and asks Tsunami where everyone is. Tsunami tells Naruto that Kakashi let him have the day, and decided to go to the bridge. After leaving Naruto spots something in the forest. As Tsunsmi and Inari are alone, two thugs arrive at their house. At the bridge, Kakashi realizes that Zabuza is on the bridge and is ready for battle.
The two thugs come into the house to kidnap Tsunami for leverage against Tazuna. As Inari doesn't know what to do to save his mother, Tsunami tells the thugs that she's go with them. As Inari watches his mother leave with the thugs, he thinks back to Naruto calling him a crybaby and Kakashi telling him about Naruto's past. Inari decides to face his fear because of Team Kakashi, and decides to longer run away. While outside of his Inari runs at the thugs, while Tsunami begs them not to hurt Inari. However the thugs knock her out, and attempts to stop him. But Naruto arrives by saving Inari from the thugs, he tells him that he is sorry for being late. As Naruto brings Inari to Tsunami's unconscious body, he tells Inari that a animal had sword scars on his body so he recognized the sword marks and ran back to the house. Soon after Naruto then uses two shadow clones to defeat them. Inari is amaze by this, and they both laugh. Afterwards Naruto apologizes to Inari for calling him a coward, and acknowledges his bravery. Inari is shock by this, but he tells Naruto as he starts to cry again, that he is trying not to cry again and that Naruto might make fun of him again. However Naruto tells him it's alright to cry when your happy. Before leaving to join the others at the bridge, Naruto tells Inari to look after Tsunami.
Meanwhile, Sasuke and Haku fight, and Sasuke's new-found speed gives him an advantage. To counter this, Haku traps Sasuke in his Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals. Haku violently cuts Sasuke with his needles at various parts of his skin. Sakura attempts to save Sasuke by throwing a kunai, but Haku catches it. However, before Haku can use it, he is knocked out of the mirrors by shuriken, thrown by none other than Naruto, who arrives just in time by using smoke to show himself which makes Sakura happy that he came but Sasuke calls him a idiot for arriving late.
Naruto finally joins the battle on the bridge. Sasuke is having a hard time fighting Haku, and is trapped in Haku's Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals. Kakashi is unable to help them, as he is dealing with Zabuza while protecting Sakura and Tazuna. He orders Sasuke to continue attacking the mirrors from within while Naruto attacks from outside. Unfortunately Naruto is oblivious to Haku's jutsu, and enters the cage of ice mirrors. This shocks Sasuke as he tells Naruto that he is a complete loser, and that now they are both trapped. After a little arguing, both agree to work together. As the two keep getting attack, Naruto tells Haku that his dream is to become Hokage, so he can't die just yet. After hearing this, Haku reveals that he doesn't like to kill his enemies but will do so if he must as his dream is to protect his master. Upon hearing this, Naruto and Sasuke smirk at Haku.
As Kakashi reveals his Sharingan to Zabuza once again, but Zabuza claims he wont be fooled by the same jutsu twice. He explains that Haku observed Kakashi's Sharingan, and discovered a way to counter it. Zabuza says that Haku's jutsu even surpasses his own. Inside the Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals, Naruto and Sasuke struggle against Haku's superior speed. After watching Haku counter Naruto's shadow clones, Sasuke begins to see Haku's movements. He uses Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique and manages to hit Haku, but Haku says his ice is stronger than Sasuke's fire.
Zabuza uses his Hiding in Mist Technique to negate Kakashi's Sharingan and claims that the next time Kakashi sees him will be as Kakashi dies by his hand. Zabuza vanishes, leaving Kakashi to anticipate his opponent's next move. Kakashi finally realises that Zabuza will strike at Tazuna and Sakura and rushes to intercept the attack. Zabuza makes his move, and Sakura screams.
As Sasuke is holding his own against Haku. He activates his Sharingan, which allows him to track Haku's incredibly fast movements. Naruto stubbornly refuses to accept that Haku is too fast for him, but he is running low on chakra and faints. Haku, now realizing that Sasuke would have the advantage in a drawn out fight, targets the vulnerable Naruto with a volley of senbon, and Sasuke instinctively moves to defend his team-mate. Soon after Naruto wakes up and sees Sasuke standing in front of him, struck by many senbon. Naruto is shocked and catches Sasuke as he collapses. Believing his team-mate has died in his arms, Naruto is enraged and unconsciously taps into the chakra of the Nine-Tailed Fox within him, while saying that he will kill Haku. During their battle both Kakashi and Zabuza feel Naruto's chakra and makes Kakashi wonder if the seal is broken. Haku watches in disbelief as the fox's power heals Naruto's wounds.
While Naruto's chakra rages around him wildly. Haku remarks that chakra usually couldn't be seen, yet it was clearly visible. Naruto, still angered by the "death" of Sasuke, had weakened the seal that kept the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox's chakra in place. Surging with power, Naruto healed his wounds and attacked, brutally overwhelming Haku, and deflecting his needle attacks with waves of pure chakra. Haku attempts to flee the circle, but Naruto sees him and snatches his arm with the speed of the Nine-Tails.
Meanwhile, the battle between Zabuza and Kakashi continued. Kakashi was relieved to sense that the seal for the Nine-Tails had only weakened, and had only let a small portion of the fox's chakra out. He decided to end the battle quickly. Zabuza was curious as to how Kakashi would do that when he couldn't find Zabuza. Kakashi's only response to this was to pull out a scroll.
Naruto, having grabbed Haku's arm, delivered a powerful punch, sending Haku through one of the mirrors and, through that process, destroying them all. Naruto rushed at Haku again, ready to deliver another enormous punch, but, at that moment, Haku's mask came off, to reveal the boy he had met in the forest. This caused Naruto to pause in his attack. Haku asked Naruto to kill him, because he was no longer useful to Zabuza, calling himself nothing more than a broken tool. Haku then went on to explain his past; about how he was born in a small village, and how his parents dearly loved him. However, during that time, anyone with a kekkei genkai, a bloodline trait, was feared. When Haku was a small boy, he discovered that he had inherited one from his mother. Unfortunately, his father discovered this, and killed Haku's mother. Just as Haku's father was about to kill him too, Haku tapped into his unknown powers and killed his father. A little while after that day, Zabuza found Haku, and took him with him to train him in the most advanced ninja skills.
Kakashi finally used the scroll he had pulled out earlier to use the Summoning: Earth Release: Tracking Fang Technique on Zabuza in order to track him. Kakashi revealed that, even though he could not see or hear Zabuza, he would be able to follow his scent. He also revealed that, earlier, he had let Zabuza cut him so that Zabuza would be covered in his blood, and therefore easier to track. Kakashi then said he would introduce Zabuza to his one and only original technique: the Lightning Cutter.
While Inari runs door to door throughout the Land of Waves trying to rally the villagers to defend Tazuna and the bridge. To his disappointment, the adults are too afraid to get involved, but Inari is willing to go to the bridge alone if necessary. At the bridge, Kakashi has immobilised Zabuza with his Ninken and readies his Lightning Cutter for a finishing blow. Meanwhile, Haku, having been defeated by Naruto, has seemingly lost his purpose in life (serving Zabuza) and requests that Naruto kill him. Naruto is confused and argues that being a shinobi is more than just mindless killing, but Haku won't be dissuaded. Naruto relents, saying softly that they might have been friends under different circumstances, and charges at Haku with his kunai drawn.
However, Haku senses that Zabuza's life is in danger and blocks Naruto's attack. Declaring he's not ready to die yet, he rushes to Zabuza's side just in time to take all the damage of Kakashi's Lightning Cutter. Back at the village, Tsunami tells Inari that he is too young to fight, but he is determined to defend his village. His demeanour reminds Tsunami of Kaiza, which surprises her. Inari leaves to go protect the bridge but finds a crowd waiting for him outside.
As Zabuza's mist clears, Naruto is stunned to find Haku killed by Kakashi's attack. Zabuza is unfazed by his partner's sacrifice and swings his sword to slice through Kakashi and Haku at the same time. Kakashi evades this blow and prepares to resume the fight, telling an enraged Naruto to stay out of it. Tazuna accompanies Sakura to Sasuke's body. The girl tries to maintain her composure as per shinobi requirements but breaks down in tears when she sees that Sasuke is cold and lifeless. Kakashi once again immobilises Zabuza, this time disabling both of his arms. With Zabuza unable to swing his sword or perform techniques, the battle seems over. Gato appears with dozens of hired thugs and tells Zabuza that he's fired.
While Gato tells Zabuza that he planned to betray him from the beginning and orders his men to kill the missing-nins. Zabuza tells Kakashi that their fight is over, and Kakashi agrees. Gatō kicks Haku's dead body, which infuriates Naruto, but Zabuza is unfazed, saying he only used Haku as weapon just as Gatō used him. Naruto cannot accept this and begins to cry, saying that Zabuza is precious to Haku and gave everything so that Zabuza could accomplish his goals. Moved by Naruto's tears and words, Zabuza reveals that he is crying as well and acknowledges Haku's sacrifice. Without the use of his arms that have been immobilised by Kakashi, Zabuza borrows Naruto's kunai, taking it in his teeth, and he charges at Gatō. Zabuza is stabbed multiple times by Gato's thugs but still manages to kill the mob boss despite severe injuries. Meanwhile, the rest of Team 7 are relieved to discover that Sasuke is still alive, having been purposely spared any lethal injuries by Haku. Gato's men are scared away by the villagers of the Land of Waves who arrive to defend Tazuna and their village.
Afterwards, a wounded Zabuza requests that Kakashi place him beside Haku. Before dying, Zabuza says that he wants to go to the same place as Haku, and Kakashi says that he believes they'll go to the same place together, seeing Zabuza's change of heart on the end. Team 7 bury the two ninja in a peaceful place, leaving Zabuza's sword, Kubikiribōchō, as a marker for his grave. Naruto is unsatisfied with the prevailing notion that ninjas should strive to become merely tools, and he declares that he will find his own ninja way. He says goodbye to Inari, and the team returns to Konohagakure. After their succeeded mission, Tazuna decides to name the finished bridge the Great Naruto Bridge.
After completing their mission in the Land of Waves, Team 7 returns to Konohagakure. Although Sasuke saved Naruto's life their teamwork seems to have got even worse than before with Naruto intent on beating Sasuke causing him to mess up on subsequent missions. Kakashi decides that their teamwork is too off that day and sends them all home. Before leaving Sasuke tells Naruto in a matter-of-fact manner to simply get stronger than him before telling Sakura who had suggested that the two work of their own teamwork skills, that she was worse than Naruto by focusing on dates instead of training. Sasuke also tells her that Naruto is stronger while she is weak. Sakura becomes depress while hearing all of this.
Soon after Konohamaru and his two friends: Udon and Moegi would later stalk Naruto. Konohamaru even believes that Sakura is Naruto's girlfriend this makes Sakura angrily hit Naruto and Konohamaru. But when Konohamaru says Sakura's forehead is big, she angrily glares at them and starts to chase them. As antics ensue, Konohamaru accidentally bumps into a foreign ninja who he then insults causing the latter to threaten to kill him. Naruto attempts to attack the newcomer but is tripped by his invisible attack. Just as the mysterious ninja is about to hit Konohamaru, Sasuke saves the day by forcing the ninja to drop Konohamaru. Just as the mysterious ninja is about to attack Sasuke, another one, appears telling the latter to stop playing around. Sasuke is surprised by this and notes that he isn't on Kakashi's level. Meanwhile, all the jonin are gathered along with the Third Hokage. He announces that the Chunin exams will take place in seven days on July 1.
As the Three Sand Siblings are introduced, Gaara scolds Kankurō for his abuse of the kids. Gaara then apologises to Sasuke for Kankurō's behaviour. The three are ninja from Sunagakure and they come here in Konoha for the Chūnin Exams. The Third Hokage asks Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai to step forward and recommend any Genin they believe to be fit to take the Chūnin Exams. Iruka thinks that the rookies need more time, and that there is no way that any of them will be recommended. However, all three jōnin recommend their students which shocks Iruka greatly. Iruka challenges their decision, as he believes Naruto and the others are not ready for the exam. They however stand by their decision and the Hokage agrees, but only after Kakashi reminds Iruka they are no longer his students, but ninja under his command. The next morning Kakashi gives Team 7 the application forms for the Chūnin Exams. Both Sasuke and Naruto accept, but Sakura is uncertain.
Later, all three of Team 7 are attacked by a mysterious ninja from a different village. Moegi is captured by a mysterious ninja, and is seen tied up and gagged with a cloth. Naruto eventually saves her, but the mysterious ninja escapes. Sakura is taken in by his genjutsu but quickly figures it out. Despite this she is still uncertain about the exam. Sasuke easily defeats the ninja, telling him to stay out of Konohagakure. The ninja is revealed to be Iruka in disguise. He reports back to Kakashi, confirming they all passed his test. Inside the school registration for the exam is taking place, but two shinobi bar the way warning all the genin about the exam. An altercation nearly takes place but Rock Lee steps in and diffuses the situation, which surprises Sasuke. Rock Lee later goes after Sasuke and challenges him to a duel.
It turns out Rock Lee is not only interested in seeing how his skills match up against a descendant of the Uchiha clan, but he also has a mad crush on Sakura, much to her dismay. Feeling neglected in his team-mates' shadows, Naruto offers to fight in Sasuke's place. Without wasting time, he charges, but is easily knocked out by Rock Lee. Rock Lee explains that they cannot beat him because he is the strongest of the Konohagakure Genin right now. Now interested, Sasuke accepts his challenge. Sasuke attacks and is met by Lee's Leaf Hurricane and gets knocked backwards. As he gets back up, he prepares to use his Sharingan to figure out Rock Lee's technique. He once again charges Rock Lee, but Rock Lee is able to hit him. Rock Lee explains that his moves are neither ninjutsu or genjutsu - just taijutsu, also known as hand to hand combat. With hand to hand fighting, Sasuke's Sharingan isn't helpful because even if he can see the techniques, his body can't move fast enough to react. Rock Lee does Shadow of the Dancing Leaf to finish off Sasuke, but a large turtle stops his attack before it hits.
The turtle seemingly reprimands Rock Lee for using his forbidden technique, leaving Naruto to think the turtle is Rock Lee's sensei. Might Guy (Rock Lee's actual sensei) appears on top of the turtle and punches Rock Lee hard in the face as punishment. Then Guy hugs Rock Lee, and the two cry. Team 7 are horrify and dumbstruck while seeing this. However Sasuke can't believe he was beaten by a freak. Guy asks the team how his eternal rival, Kakashi, is doing. However Team 7 and mostly Sasuke are shock that Guy appeared behind them while saying the record wins of 50 and 49 loses to Kakashi. Guy also says that he is much faster and stronger than Kakashi. When Guy leaves, Rock Lee confesses that he is not the strongest genin - Hyuga Neji, Lee's team-mate is. Naruto needles Sasuke, saying that Rock Lee obviously trains harder than Sasuke. In the end, the team focuses their attention on the Chūnin Exams.
Kakashi meets up with Team 7 before they enter the hall of the Chunin Exams. He informs them that unless they had all consented to take the exams, none of them would have been permitted to enter. With that, he wishes them good luck. Within the hall, the Rookie Nine meet up and have a spirited discussion. Kabuto Yakushi warns them to quiet down as they are seemingly irritating the shinobi around them. Explaining the exams further, Kabuto uses his Ninja Info Cards to give Sasuke information on Gaara and Rock Lee. Kabuto says that the individuals taking the exams are all most likely elites from their respective villages, a fact that intimidates the rookies.
With his standard enthusiasm, Naruto loudly proclaims that he won't lose to anyone, and the rest of the room reacts to his words with equal parts shock and annoyance. Insulted by Kabuto's earlier detailing of the villages in which he discarded Otogakure as a minor village, three Oto-nin attack Kabuto. Although it appears that Kabuto dodged the attack, his glasses suddenly break and he becomes nauseated despite not being hit. Before things can escalate any further, the proctor, Ibiki Morino, and his team appear on the scene. With that, the Chunin Exams begin.
Much to Naruto's dismay, Ibiki announces that the first part of Chūnin Exams is a written test and describes the rules: no asking questions. Ibiki also explains that a team's score will be added up at the end of the exam to see which teams pass. Various chūnin proctors line the sides of the room and watch the genin to catch cheaters. If caught cheating five times, the genin and his/her team are all disqualified. However the test proves exceedingly difficult, and eventually most candidates (Naruto and Sakura are exceptions) figure out the trick to the exam. In order to pass, they have to cheat without getting caught. They then used their respective skills to subtly cheat.
Forty-five minutes into the written portion of the Chūnin Exams, Ibiki Morino announces that it is time for the tenth and final question. But, he ominously states that there is one special rule for this question. Meanwhile, Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai rest at the Academy staff room and discuss their respective teams' chances of passing the first phase. Kakashi and Asuma explain to Kurenai that Ibiki specialises in interrogation and knows how to get inside the minds of his victims. Back at the exam, Ibiki states that the candidates are free to choose whether or not they want to try and solve the tenth question. If they opt out, the entire team will fail. If they choose to answer the question but get it wrong, they will be barred from taking the Chūnin Exams forever. Several teams decide to leave rather than risk it. Naruto doesn't have any answers to the first nine questions and knows that the odds of him knowing the answer to the tenth are exceedingly small.
He seems to waver but finally exclaims in his loud style that he will not be intimidated and will become Hokage even if he fails and remains a genin forever. This outburst calms the remaining teams, and everyone is determined to stay for the remaining question. Seeing that no one else is going to leave, Ibiki passes them all. He explains that the first nine questions were to test their information gathering skills, whereas the tenth was to test their determination and bravery. With the first phase of the exam completed, Anko Mitarashi spectacularly crashes through the window and states she is the second examiner. After the students leave, Ibiki picks up Naruto's exam paper and smiles to himself, realizing he just passed a student who didn't answer a single question. The next day the candidates gather outside the Forest of Death.
Plot (Live Action Film)
Difference Between Anime and Manga
- Part I for the Japanese version of the series
- In the manga, Naruto was shown having a long rope tie around his waist while he was defacing the Hokage Monument with paint. He also uses red and blue paint when he defaces the monument. But in the anime, it shows Naruto being chased by random Konoha shinobi after he had defaced the Hokage Monument with paint. However he uses black and white paint to deface the monument.
- In the manga, Iruka sees Naruto defacing the Hokage Monument, to which he yells at him to go back to class which scared Naruto overall. But in the anime, Iruka catches Naruto off guard after the boy had defaced the Hokage Monument by yelling at him while being behind him. Which scared Naruto like crazy and he falls on the ground afterwards.
- In the manga, when Iruka scolds Naruto in front of the class while being angry. Naruto's goggles are dark blue. But in the anime, when Iruka scolds Naruto in front of the class while being calm. Naruto's goggles are dark green.
- In the manga, Naruto mocks Iruka in front of his classmates which made Iruka annoy. But in the anime, Naruto say Hmph to Iruka which made Iruka had a smirk smile on his face.
- In the manga, a random Ninja Academy student was in front of Naruto doing the Transformation technique. While three other random Ninja Academy students were standing next to Naruto as Iruka calls his name. But in the anime, it was Sasuke that was in front of Naruto doing the Transformation Technique. While Shino, Ino and Shikamaru were standing next to Naruto as Iruka calls his name.
- In the manga, Naruto fixes his goggles before showing the Transformation technique to Iruka. But in the anime, Hinata wishes Naruto good luck before he shows the Transformation technique to Iruka.
- In the manga, Naruto's Sexy Technique is completely shown whiLe it has thick fog. But in the anime, Naruto's Sexy Technique is cover in a lot of fog because the girl is clothes-less
- In the manga, Naruto never places his hand on his stomach after Iruka saw his Sexy Technique. But in the anime, Naruto does place his hand on his stomach after Iruka saw his Sexy Technique.
- In the manga, Iruka's head and arms are shown when he scolds Naruto for fooling around. But in the anime, Iruka's whole body is shown when he scolds Naruto for fooling around.
- In the manga, Naruto cleans the Hokage Monument during the sunset. But in the anime, Naruto cleans the Hokage Monument during the afternoon.
- In the manga, Naruto's face has a red background when Iruka invited him to Ramen Ichiraku. But in the anime, Naruto's face has a blue background when Iruka invited him to Ramen Ichiraku.
- In the manga, while eating dinner with Iruka. Naruto makes a hand palm when he tells about the Hokage title to Iruka. But in the anime, Naruto looks at Iruka face to face when he talks about the Hokage title.
- In the manga, Minato's Hokage head is shown when Naruto talks about him in front of Iruka. But in the anime, Naruto visions Minato's Hokage head above when he thinks about him.
- In the manga, Sasuke was shown sitting behind Naruto before they were call to do the Shadow Clone Technique. But in the anime, Sasuke was shown sitting next to Sakura and Shikamaru. Whereas Naruto sits with an unseen classmate.
- In the manga, when he learns that he has to do the clone technique to graduate from the Ninja Academy. Naruto's face is shown from a far a way view. But in the anime, when he learns that he has to do the clone technique to graduate from the Ninja Academy. Naruto's face is shown from a up close view.
- In the manga, when he fail to make a clone in front of Iruka. Naruto freaks out by having black eyes. But in the anime, when he fail to make a clone in front of Iruka. Naruto freaks out by having gray eyes.
- In the manga, when Iruka tells Naruto he fail. Naruto falls on his head in a up close view. But in the anime, when Iruka tells Naruto he fail. Naruto falls on his head in a far a way view.
- In the manga, Mizuki is shown by himself when he tells Iruka that they use pass Naruto. Upon hearing this Naruto makes a happy face while the background is gray. But in the anime, Mizuki is shown with Iruka when he tells Iruka that they use pass Naruto. Upon hearing this Naruto makes a happy face while the background is a clip board.
- In the manga, when Iruka tells Mizuki he can't pass Naruto for making one horrible looking clone. Naruto makes a angry face when the background is black. But in the anime, when Iruka tells Mizuki he can't pass Naruto for making one pitiful looking clone. Naruto makes a angry face when the background is a clip board.
- In the manga, when Naruto sits on the swing while parents congratulates their kids. The background is black. But in the anime, when Naruto sits on the swing while parents congratulates their kids. The background is bushes and a fence.
- In the manga, Mizuki confronted Naruto while he is walking in the village after he fail graduating from the Ninja Academy for the third time. But in the anime, he confronts Naruto while he is sitting at the Ninja Academy swing after he had fail the test.
- In the manga, as Naruto sneaks into the Hokage Residence to steal the Scroll of Seals. He is caught by Hiruzen, but manages to escapes by using the Sexy Technique while Hiruzen lies on the floor having a huge nosebleed. But in the anime, Hiruzen simply sends out the higher rank ninja after Naruto, and is exposed to the Sexy Technique when he refuses to accept Naruto's ninja registration photo.
- In the manga, Mizuki sees Naruto leaving the Hokage Mansion with the scroll. But in the anime, Mizuki tells this to Iruka while the latter is at his house.
- In the manga, when Naruto is reading the forbidden scroll in the forest. His backside is shown while sitting down on the grass. But in the anime, when Naruto is reading the forbidden scroll in the forest. He is facing forwards while sitting down on the grass.
- In the manga, it never shows Iruka looking for Naruto. But in the anime, it does show Iruka looking for Naruto.
- In the manga, when Mizuki is looking for Naruto. He is running side ways. But in the anime, when Mizuki is looking for Naruto. He is running forwards.
- In the manga, as soon as Iruka finds Naruto in the woods while he is practicing a technique. Naruto happily calls Iruka "Nosebleeder" while also saying that he found him, to which Iruka calls Naruto a "Idiot" by telling him that it is he who has found him. But in the anime, this scene is never shown at all whatsoever. Instead Naruto just tells Iruka, that he is so fast by catching him off guard, that he only had time to learn one technique.
- In the manga, when Iruka looks at Naruto's backside. He sees that Naruto has been training. But in the anime, Naruto is facing forwards and Iruka's face is shown he sees that Naruto has been training.
- In the manga, Naruto is facing sideways when he tells Iruka he wants to graduate. But in the anime, Naruto is facing forwards when he tells Iruka he wants to graduate.
- In the manga, when Iruka asks Naruto about the scroll on his back. Naruto tilts his head and points to the scroll with his thumb when he tells Iruka that Mizuki told him where to find it. But in the anime, Naruto shows his back to Iruka revealing the scroll and telling him that Mizuki told him where to find it.
- In the manga, Iruka visions Mizuki as he actually appears in his mind. But in the anime, Iruka visions Mizuki in the color blue.
- In the manga, Iruka pushes Naruto out of the way then flying weapons are shown implanting him. But in the anime, flying are shown first then Iruka senses it. He then pushed Naruto out of the way and then Iruka gets implanted afterwards.
- In the manga, after Mizuki throws multiple kunai at Umino Iruka, Iruka pulls a kunai out of his chest. But in the anime, none of the kunai hit his chest and he pulls a kunai out of his right leg instead.
- In the manga, Iruka tells Mizuki not to tell about the certain law twice. But in the anime, Iruka tells Mizuki not to tell about the certain law once.
- In the manga, Naruto while being paralyzed is color coded blue after learning that the villagers hate him because he is a jinchuriki. But in the anime, the background is colored Magenta for Naruto while being paralyzed after learning that the villagers hate him because he is a jinchuriki.
- In the manga, Naruto visions the villagers staring at him when Mizuki mocks hi even more. Then Mizuki tells Naruto that Iruka hates him afterwards Naruto unleashed his chakra in rage. But in the anime, Naruto visions the empty swing and then unleashed his chakra. Soon after Mizuki tells Naruto that Iruka hates him.
- In the manga, Iruka is on the right side while having to hear all of this. But in the anime, Iruka is on the left side while having to hear all of this.
- In the manga, while Iruka thinks about Hiruzen telling him that Naruto is just like him. Mizuki swings his shuriken while telling Naruto that no one cares about him. But in the anime, Iruka just thinks back to Hiruzen telling him that Naruto is just like him.
- In the manga, during Iruka's flashback of Naruto. Naruto sticks his tongue out of his mouth, and flips the bird with both of his hands. But in the anime, during Iruka's flashback of Naruto. Naruto is shown just staring at kids with their parents. Afterwards Mizuki swings his shuriken and tells Naruto to die.
- In the manga, Iruka saves Naruto without telling to get down. But in the anime, Naruto tells Naruto to get down and then saves him.
- In the manga, Naruto's face is shown with blood on his cheek when he asks Iruka why he saved him. But in the anime, Naruto's hair and face is shown when he asks Iruka why he saved him. Ironically no blood is on his cheek.
- In the manga, Iruka discards Mizuki's shuriken after he pulls it out of his back. But in the anime, he throws it back at Mizuki.
- In the manga, Choza was shown as one of the shinobi assigned to capture Naruto after he had sealed the Scroll of Seals. Ironically Choza has yellow hair. But in the anime, this scene is never shown. Instead Choza has red hair and was introduced during the Chunin Exam finals.
- In the manga, when Mizuki is transformed as Iruka while Iruka is transformed into Naruto. There backside is shown while they chase each other. But in the anime, when Mizuki is transformed as Iruka while Iruka is transformed into Naruto. They are facing frontwards shown while they chase each other.
- In the manga, when Iruka is about to attack Mizuki who is transformed as him. While being transformed as Naruto, Iruka has one hand one the branch. But in the anime, when Iruka is about to attack Mizuki who is transformed as him. While being transformed as Naruto, Iruka has both arms on the branch.
- In the manga, when Iruka attacks Mizuki. The two don't have colors on them when Mizuki is attacked. But in the anime, when Iruka attacks Mizuki. The two do have colors on them when Mizuki is attacked. Iruka who is transformed as Naruto is colored blue while Mizuki who is transformed as Iruka is colored red.
- In the manga, Iruka who is still transformed as Naruto smashes himself on the tree. But in the anime, Iruka who is still transformed as Naruto gently lays himself on the tree.
- In the manga, Mizuki is in a close up form after not being transformed as Naruto. He has his face shown with no fog. But in the anime, Mizuki is in a far away view when he's no longer transformed as Naruto. Whereas fog does covers his face.
- In the manga, when Iruka is no longer transformed as Naruto. Iruka has one eye covered as he reveals himself to Mizuki. But in the anime, when Iruka is no longer transformed as Naruto. Both of his eyes are shown when he reveals himself to Mizuki.
- In the manga, Naruto looks at Mizuki talking to Iruka. But in the anime, Naruto not only looks at Mizuki talking to Iruka. He also hears their conversation.
- In the manga, Naruto's whole body is shown when he thinks that Iruka doesn't acknowledge him. But in the anime, Naruto believes that Iruka hates him and his face is shown when he believes that Iruka thinks he is a monster.
- In the manga, Naruto visions the empty swing when Iruka says he knows what it's like to feel pain inside your heart. But in the anime, as Naruto Cries behind the tree. He visions the swing behind him when Iruka says he knows what it's like to feel pain.
- In the manga, when Mizuki is about to kill him. Iruka smiles and doesn't say anything. But in the anime, when Mizuki is about to kill him. Iruka smiles and believes this is the end.
- In the manga, when Naruto jumps in to save Iruka from Mizuki. Iruka sees Naruto in front of him then the shuriken breaks tree branches. Afterwards Mizuki says Naruto shouldn't have done that, as Naruto holds the scroll Iruka is shock to see Naruto in front of him. But in the anime, when Naruto jumps in to save Iruka from Mizuki. The shuriken breaks tree branches, then Iruka is surprise to see Naruto. Afterwards Mizuki calls Naruto a punk, as Naruto holds the scroll.
- In the manga, as Naruto tells Mizuki that he will kill him. A close up of his face isn't shown. But in the anime, as Naruto tells Mizuki that he will kill him. A close up of his face is shown.
- In the manga, when Naruto uses the Taji Kage Bunshin No technique to beat up Mizuki for lying to him. Mizuki's screams are heard in words. But in the anime, when Naruto uses the Taji Kage Bunshin No technique to beat up Mizuki for lying to him. Mizuki screams as the sky is shown.
- In the manga, Hiruzen tells the shinobi that Naruto will be back while it is sunny outside. But in the anime, Hiruzen tells the shinobi that Naruto will be back while it is nighttime.
- In the manga, Naruto graduates by getting Iruka's headband when it is a sunset. But in the anime, Naruto graduates by getting Iruka's headband when it is daylight.
- In the manga, when Hiruzen asks Naruto where his forehead protector is since he didn't use it for his ninja profile photo. Naruto tells him that he didn't wanted to damage it. But in the anime, when Hiruzen asks Naruto where his forehead protector is since he didn't use it for his ninja profile photo. Naruto while touching his goggles tells him that he didn't wanted to damage it.
- In the manga, Naruto notices that someone is about to come in the room that he and Hiruzen are in. But in the anime, Naruto and Hiruzen notices that someone is about to come in the room that he and Hiruzen are in.
- In the manga, Konohamaru trips on his scarf as Ebisu comes to the room. But in the anime, Konohamaru trips on his scarf before Ebisu comes to the room.
- In the manga, Ebisu fixes his glasses with his middle finger as he tells Konohamaru that there are no traps. But in the anime, he also uses his index finger.
- In the manga, Naruto wonders who Konohamaru is as the young boy looks at him. But in the anime, Naruto wonders who Konohamaru is as the young boy has his hand on his helmet.
- In the manga, Ebisu has his glasses down when he glares at Naruto. But in the anime, Ebisu smirks as he glares at Naruto.
- In the manga, after Konohamaru thinks Naruto trip him. Naruto's face is next to Konohamaru's face when Naruto grabs his scarf. But in the anime, Naruto stands up so their faces are further away from each other after Naruto grabs Konohamaru's scarf.
- In the manga, Konohamaru taunts Naruto out loud and believes Naruto is like the villagers after he learns about his identity. But in the anime, Konohamaru believes Naruto is like the villagers after he learns about his identity. Then he taunts Naruto out loud.
- In the manga, Naruto is on the right side as he hits Konohamaru on the head after he taunted him. But in the anime, Naruto is on the left side as he hits Konohamaru on the head after he taunted him.
- In the manga, Naruto knows that Konohamaru is stalking him by hiding behind a pole. But in the anime, Naruto knows that Konohamaru is stalking him by hiding behind a fake fence that shows his feet.
- In the manga, Naruto was shock when Konohamaru call him boss. But in the anime, Naruto was surprised when Konohamaru call him boss.
- In the manga, Ebisu leaves after Hiruzen told him that Konohamaru started to follow Naruto. But in the the anime, this scene happens after Ebisu told Konohamaru to stay away from Naruto.
- In the manga, Naruto and Konohamaru are in a forest as Naruto coaches Konohamaru on how to do the sexy technique. But in the anime, this scene happens after Naruto got a black eye and bruise when he made Konohamaru do research to do learn the sexy technique.
- In the manga, when Naruto hears about Konohamaru's burden. His soda has Japanese writing on it. But in the anime, when Naruto hears about Konohamaru's burden. His soda has no Japanese writing on it.
- In the manga, when Hiruzen appears behind Konohamaru. He appears as himself. But in the anime, when Hiruzen appears behind Konohamaru. He appears in the color blue.
- In the manga, when Hiruzen spoke to Iruka about Naruto's status as a jinchuriki. A lot of children are shown in public. But in the anime, when Hiruzen spoke to Iruka about Naruto's status as a jinchuriki. A group children are shown in public walking out of the Ninja Academy.
- In the manga, when Hiruzen remembers the seal being on Naruto as a infant. An infant Naruto who has blond on his left arm, and left leg is on a pillow that has blood on it, along with a melted candle being place around other candles. But in the anime, when Hiruzen remembers the seal being on Naruto as a infant. An infant Naruto has no blood on him or the pillow that he is sitting on. Also candles that are placed around him aren't melted either.
- In the manga, when Hiruzen visions Naruto's childhood. A young Naruto stares at the villagers from a far distance. Naruto also wears a orange t-shirt. But in the anime, when Hiruzen visions Naruto's childhood. A young Naruto stares at 12 people, while he is wearing a orange shirt with a blue shirt that is inside his orange one, while wearing gray sorts with a black stripe. His orange shirt has a white collar and pocket holders on it, which was not shown in the manga.
- In the manga, as Ebisu finally finds Naruto and Konohamaru. Naruto sees Ebisu look at him with a angry glare. Ebisu stares at Naruto with one eye being seen from his glasses. But in the anime, as Ebisu finally finds Naruto and Konohamaru. Naruto sees Ebisu look at him with a angry glare. Ebisu's eyes are not seen from the inside of his glasses.
- In the manga, as Konohamaru is about to show the sexy technique to Ebisu. Fog is seen all around Konohamaru. But in the anime, as Konohamaru is about to show the sexy technique to Ebisu. Chakra is seen all around Konohamaru.
- In the manga, when Konohamaru's sexy technique is shown. The girl's hair is light brown while her chest and private part is shown. But in the anime, when Konohamaru's sexy technique is shown. The girl's hair is dark brown, and she is cover in fog so her chest or private part isn't shown.
- In the manga, Naruto has kanji writing above him as he heard Ebisu mock his sexy technique. But in the anime, no writing is above Naruto as Ebisu mocks the sexy technique.
- In the manga, Ebisu and Konohamaru are in a far way distance when Ebisu grabs Konohamaru's long scarf. But in the anime, they are in a up close view when Ebisu grabs Konohamaru's long scarf.
- In the manga, Naruto unleashes the Taji Kage Bunshin No Technique in front of Ebisu without saying it. But in the anime, Naruto unleashes the Taji Kage Bunshin No Technique in front of Ebisu while saying it.
- In the manga, Konohamaru was happy when Naruto unleashes shadow clones. But in the anime, Konohamaru was shock when Naruto unleashed shadow clones.
- In the manga, when Ebisu is expose to Naruto's Harem Technique. Ebisu has a swirl nose bleed coming out of his nose. But in the anime, when Ebisu is expose to Naruto's Harem Technique. Ebisu has a normal nose bleed coming out of his nose.
- In the manga, Naruto has white fog around him after doing his Harem technique. But in the anime, Naruto has gray fog around him after doing his Harem technique.
- In the manga, Hiruzen comments that Naruto combine two techniques together. But in the anime, he also wonders if Naruto will probably catch him off guard with the combine technique.
- In the manga, Konohamaru was happy that Naruto defeated Ebisu. But in the anime, Konohamaru was angry when Ebisu was defeated.
- In the manga, Naruto has a angry expression on his face when Konohamaru says he wants to be acknowledged. But in the anime, Naruto has no angry expression on his face when Konohamaru says he wants to be acknowledged.
- In the manga, when Naruto tells Konohamaru about his life. All flashbacks are in color. But in the anime, when Naruto tells Konohamaru about his life. All flashbacks are in the color gray.
- In the manga, as Naruto tells Konohamaru that are no shortcuts. Leaves are shown flying pass Naruto and Konohamaru. But in the anime, as Naruto tells Konohamaru that are no shortcuts. No leaves are shown flying pass Naruto and Konohamaru.
- In the manga, after Konohamaru tells Naruto that are rivals for the Hokage title. Konohamaru smiles as he is on a top square, while Naruto smiles as he is on a bottom square. But in the anime, after Konohamaru tells Naruto that are rivals for the Hokage title. Konohamaru smiles first whereas Naruto smiles afterwards.
- In the manga, Naruto is on the left side when he tells Konohamaru that he accepts the rivalry. However he also tells him that he is a ninja now. But in the anime, Naruto is on the right side when he tells Konohamaru that he accepts the rivalry. However he also tells him that he is a ninja now.
- In the manga, leaves fly pass Konohamaru as Naruto calls him by his name. But in the anime, no leaves fly pass Konohamaru as Naruto calls him by his name.
- In the manga, Hiruzen's face is shown as he sees Naruto wave goodbye to Konohamaru from the crystal ball. But in the anime, Hiruzen's face isn't shown as he sees Naruto wave goodbye to Konohamaru from the crystal ball.
- In the manga, before Naruto leaves his house to be assigned to a team. As he eats toast, his hairstyle is like Son Goku from Dragon Ball Z. But in the anime, before Naruto leaves his house to be assigned to a team. As he eats toast, Naruto eats breakfast with his normal hairstyle.
- In the manga, Naruto tells a random classmate that he graduated from the Ninja Academy. But in the anime, Naruto tells this to Shikamaru.
- In the manga, as Sakura wants to sit next to Sasuke. She pushes Naruto down on the chair. While also asking Sasuke if the sit next to him is taken. But in the anime, Sakura pushes Naruto out the way. She then shyly asks Sasuke if she can sit with him. However when this is shown as a flashback in Naruto Shippuuden episode 214, it happens like it does in the manga.
- In the manga, Sakura's hair is short. But in the anime, her hair is very long.
- In the manga, two random fan girls are angry that Sakura sit next to Sasuke. But in the anime, only Ino is annoy that Sakura sit next to Sasuke.
- In the manga, as Naruto stares at Sasuke while being on the desk. Three fan girls tell Sasuke to beat Naruto up. But in the anime, as Naruto stares at Sasuke while being on the desk. A group of fan girls tell Sasuke to beat Naruto up.
- In the manga, as Naruto lands on top of Sasuke. Only Sakura's reaction is shown. But in the anime, as Naruto lands on top of Sasuke. Sakura and the whole fan girls reaction is shown.
- In the manga, after this settles down. Sasuke says to Naruto out loud that he is going to kill him. But in the anime, Sasuke says this in his mind.
- In the manga, after this settles down. Naruto says that his mouth is rot. But in the anime, Naruto says this in his mind.
- In the manga, Naruto senses Sakura's chakra as something bad. But in the anime, Naruto senses Sakura's chakra as danger.
- In the manga, Sasuke says a three man squad is more people getting in his way. But in the anime, he says a three man squad is a burden for him.
- In the manga, when Iruka tells all the genin that the teams are balanced. Everyone in the room screams no. But in the anime, when Iruka tells all the genin that the teams are balanced. Everyone didn't scream at all.
- In the manga, when Naruto has Sakura as a teammate. He says yeah while Sakura says rats. But in the anime, when Naruto has Sakura as a teammate. He says yeah while Sakura says I'm with Naruto.
- In the manga, when Sasuke is the second teammate. Sakura says yeah while Naruto says rats. But in the anime, when Sasuke is the second teammate. Sakura says yeah while Naruto says I'm with Sasuke.
- In the manga, when Sasuke calls Naruto a dead last. Naruto tries to attack him but Sakura stands up to keep Naruto away from Sasuke. But in the anime, when Sasuke calls Naruto a loser. Naruto sits down as he is about to fight Sasuke, but Sakura tells Naruto to stop while also sitting down.
- In the manga, after Team Kakashi is formed, Sasuke is seen eating outside of a window with Naruto inside preparing an attack. But in the anime, Sasuke is seen eating inside the window while Naruto attacks him from the outside.
- In the manga, when Naruto comes out as Sasuke. He is seen facing side ways. But in the anime, when Naruto comes out as Sasuke. He is seen facing forwards from a side way point of view.
- In the manga, as Sakura sits on a bench. She comments that she goes after Sasuke with her looks. But in the anime, as Sakura sits on a bench. She comments that she goes after Sasuke by seducing him.
- In the manga, Sakura comments that her body proportions are above average. While she also says that the only thing above is the size of her forehead. But in the anime, she says that her body figure is below average. While the width of her forehead is above average.
- In the manga, as Sakura sees Sasuke looking at her from a tree. She comments that he is looking at her with warm eyes. But in the anime, as Sakura sees Sasuke looking at her from a tree. She comments that he is looking at her with such intensity.
- In the manga, Sakura daydreams about Sasuke commenting her large forehead as charming. But in the anime, Sakura daydreams about Sasuke commenting her large forehead as charming and wide.
- In the manga, after Sasuke says Sakura's forehead is charming. Inner Sakura says yes he's mine. But in the anime, after Sasuke says Sakura's forehead is charming and wide. Inner Sakura says alright it's a fairly tale situation.
- In the manga, Sasuke says that's something Naruto would say while he is further away from Sakura. But in the anime, Sasuke says that's something Naruto would say while he is up close to Sakura.
- In the manga, Sakura describes Naruto as someone getting in the way and enjoys seeing her struggle. She then says that Naruto doesn't understand her at all and that he's annoying. Therefore she just wants Sasuke to acknowledge her. She says she is serious because she likes him a lot. But in the anime, she describes Naruto as someone who has accustomed with interfering with her love. She then says Naruto is having fun looking at her having trouble. Sakura then says that Naruto knows nothing about her, and he's annoying. Therefore she just wants Sasuke to accept her. She says she'll do anything because she's desperate.
- In the manga, as Sakura tries to kiss Sasuke. Naruto understand why he likes Sakura. Then it shows the real Sasuke trying to escape being tie up as he wonders what Naruto is doing while he is transformed as him. But in the anime, as Sakura leans in to kiss Sasuke. The scene with Sasuke trying to escape the ropes is shown next. Then it shows Sakura about to kiss Sasuke as Naruto understands why he likes her.
- In the manga, as Sasuke runs to the bathroom. Sakura says that he is shy and probably isn't ready yet. But in the anime, as Sasuke runs to the bathroom. Sakura says that he is shy and probably needs to settle his feelings.
- In the manga, when Sakura is with the real Sasuke. She tells him that Naruto always picks fights with him. Including that he didn't have a normal childhood, which makes Sasuke say that he didn't have any parents. But in the anime, when Sakura is with the real Sasuke. She tells him that Naruto always picks quarrels with him. Including that he probably had such an irregular childhood. Sasuke shakes his head upon hearing this. However Sakura also tells Sasuke that Naruto doesn't have any parents which makes Sasuke shock.
- In the manga, Sakura says that Naruto can do whatever he wants. Including that if she did what Naruto did, then her parents would ground her for life. But in the anime, Sakura says that Naruto does selfish things. Including that if she did what Naruto did, then her parents would scold her.
- In the manga, Sakura says Naruto is a lucky to be a orphan. Since he is all alone never having parents to tell him what to do, and what not to do. But in the anime, she's says if you were alone your parents would never get mad at you. Including that's why Naruto's selfish.
- In the manga, Sasuke tells Sakura that the life of a orphan is all alone. Even saying that a parent yelling at you is nowhere near how Naruto feels. But in the anime, Sasuke tells Sakura that the life of a orphan is solitude. Including that you can't even compare to the level of where your parents get mad at you.
- In the manga, Sakura becomes scare as she asks Sasuke what's wrong. But in the anime, Sakura becomes shock as she asks Sasuke what's the matter.
- In the manga, after Sasuke told Sakura off for not understanding the life of a orphan. He calls her annoying as his bangs are big while the wind blows it pass his right eye. But in the anime, after Sasuke told Sakura off for not understanding the life of a orphan. He calls her annoying as his bangs are small while the wind blows it.
- In the manga, as Naruto confronts Sasuke after using the bathroom. Naruto asks Sasuke what he's doing here, but Sasuke tells him that he escaped the ropes while using the escape jutsu. Upon hearing this, Naruto has a sweat drop behind his head. But in the anime, as Naruto confronts Sasuke after using the bathroom. Naruto is surprise by this, but Sasuke tells him that he escaped the ropes while using the escape jutsu. However Sasuke asks Naruto why he used the transformation jutsu to impersonate him. Naruto doesn't answer and prepares to battle Sasuke with his shadow clones. Before Naruto can attack Sasuke, he and the clones have a stomach ache. As Naruto and the shadow clone fight over the bathroom door, Sasuke walks away by calling it annoying.
- In the manga, Sakura comments Naruto's eraser prank as something she doesn't want to be involved. However her inner self loves this kind of stuff. But in the anime, Sakura says geez it's your own fault if you get in trouble. However her inner self likes these kind of tricks.
- In the manga, Sasuke believes that their teacher wouldn't fall for a simple trap. Then Kakashi starts to open the door with his hand. But in the anime, after Sasuke says that their teacher wouldn't fall for a simple old booby trap. Sakura agrees with him by calling Naruto stupid.
- In the manga, after the eraser prank is successful. Sakura blames it on Naruto. However her inner self says it worked better than she imagined. But in the anime, after the eraser prank is successful. Sakura blames it on Naruto while calling him Naruto-kun, and saying that he didn't listen to her. However her inner self says it was okay while giving it two thumbs up.
- In the manga, Sasuke thinks Kakashi is weak after falling for a prank. But in the anime, since Kakashi fail for the prank. Sasuke wonders if this is for real, and if Kakashi truly is a jonin.
- In the manga, as Kakashi tells the team that he hates them. Sakura is on the left, while Sasuke is on the right. But in the anime, as Kakashi tells the team that he hates them. Sakura is on the right, while Sasuke is on the left.
- In the manga, during the bell test at the Third Training Ground. Sasuke unleashes a barrage of shuriken and kunai that directly impale Kakashi in the face which causes blood to spray out from a front angle. But in the anime, he is pushed aside quickly and only the scene of him viewed from behind is left.
- During the bell test, Kakashi casts a genjutsu spell on Sakura, showing her a gravely injured Sasuke. In the manga, "Sasuke" has a missing left arm, a twisted left leg and numerous kunai impaling his body. But in the anime, he only has a few kunai impaling his body.
- In the manga, as a result of the genjutsu. Sakura is rendered unconscious on the ground. She is then seen with wide blank eyes and seizure-like foam coming out of the mouth. But in the anime, upon seeing the genjutsu. Sakura becomes frighten with tears in her eyes, soon after she screams and falls unconscious.
- In the manga, after the Demon Brothers capture and seemingly kill Kakashi. A silhouette of different body parts being shred apart is shown. But in the anime, much of the blood and gore is removed.
- In the manga, before battling Zabuza for the first time. Naruto throws two shuriken into the bushes, one of them nearly hitting a snow white rabbit. The rabbit then runs off after almost being hit by a shuriken. But in anime, it was two kunai instead. Upon seeing that he almost kill a the snow rabbit, Naruto runs to it and hugs it.
- In the anime, Zabuza's flak jacket design was altered by adding metal with the Kirigakure village symbol on each shoulder. But in the manga, this is never shown.
- In the manga, Momochi Zabuza kills Toriichi Kumade with a tanto. But in the anime, he uses a kunai.
- In the manga, when Kakashi tells Zabuza that his future is death. He only has his Sharingan eye open. But in the anime, both of his eyes are open.
- In the manga, when Kakashi is describing the role of a hunter-nin. A severed hand that is impaled with a knife is shown. But in the anime, this is removed.
- In the manga, after Kakashi's first encounter with Zabuza. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura attempt to look at his face while he is sleeping. But in the anime, this event is simply skipped.
- In the manga, during a flashback scene of when Kaiza is crucified and then executed. It shows that his arms have been chopped off. But in the anime, his arms are only badly broken and burned.
- In the manga, it never shows how Tsunami was knocked out by Gato's thugs before Naruto arrived to save her. But in the anime, it does shown how she was knocked out. One of thugs punches her in the back.
- In the manga, it never show how Haku's parents died. But in the anime, it does show how his parents died.
- In the anime, when Kakashi unintentionally killed Haku with his Lightning Cutter. His hand only pierced the front of Haku's chest while lightening comes out of Haku's back. But in the manga, Kakashi's hand went right through his body. As his hand is shown visibly coming out of Haku's back.
- In the manga, when Gato arrives and sees Haku's corpse. He is seen kicking him across the face as payback for when Haku nearly broke his arm. But in the anime, the kick to his face is not seen at all. Instead Naruto looks at this with a shock reaction on his face.
- In the manga, when attacking Gato to avenge Haku's death. Zabuza angrily cuts his head off. But in the anime, Zabuza stabs Gato in the chest and then instead slashes him multiple times across the chest, which results in Gato falling off the bridge to his death.
- In the manga, after the battle with Haku and Zabuza. As Sakura cries on Sasuke. It shows that Sasuke only has a little bit of needles on his neck, arms and legs. But in the anime, after the battle with Haku and Zabuza. As Sakura cries on Sasuke. It shows that he has a ton of needles all over his body including on his face.
- In the manga, after Haku and Zabuza are buried Naruto tries to take the dumplings that are place on Haku and Zabuza's grave. But Sakura slaps his hand and scolds him for doing it. This scene is not shown in the anime at all. Instead Naruto and his team just pay their respects to Zabuza and Haku at their graves.
- In the manga, it never shown what missions Naruto did taking the chunin exams. But in the anime, it does show what missions he did.
- In the manga, it was Temari who explained to Naruto what the Chunin Exams were. But in the anime, it is Konohamaru who does this.
- In the manga, Temari scolded Naruto for not evening paying attention to her after she explains about the Chunin Exams. But in the anime, this scene is never shown. Instead Naruto asks Konohamaru if he is better than Sasuke.
- In the manga, Gaara's sash is red. But in the anime, the sash is white.
- In the manga, Guy was never present during Iruka and Kakashi's argument about Naruto being a former Ninja Academy student. But in the anime, Guy is present during the argument.
- In the manga, when Ino is introduced. Her eyes are green. But in the anime, her eyes are blue.
- In the manga, when Tenten is introduced. Her eyes are steel-grey, and hair is black. But in the anime, her eyes and hair are dark brown.
- In the manga, an unnamed Chunin Exams proctor is shown with a tattoo on his head. But the anime, he is removed completely.
- In the manga, when Mitarashi Anko threw a kunai at Naruto and cut his cheek, she licks the blood directly from Naruto's cheek. But in the anime, she only touches the blood from his cheek with her fingers.
- In the manga, Orochimaru's summoning tattoo has alternating curves coming out of it. But in the anime, these are removed. This is corrected in subsequent appearances, but instead adds another error where the lower part of the seal is incorrect.
- In the manga, when Anko fights Orochimaru. She is shown using daggers. But in the anime, she used senbon.
- In the manga, during the second phase of the Chunin Exams, Team Kurenai gets their second scroll from a Konoha team. But in the anime, it was changed to a team from Amegakure.
- In the manga, when Gaara is about to kill Baiu and Midare. Temari says goodbye to them, and also waves goodbye with a big smile on her face. But in the anime, she just watches Gaara kill them without saying anything to them.
- In the manga, when Shikamaru, Ino and Choji appear after Neji has spotted them. Shikamaru is to the left, and Choji to the right of Ino. But in the anime, after Neji starts to walk off they change places. With Ino being in the middle, while Shikamaru is on the right, and Choji is on the left.
- In the manga, during the preliminary rounds of the Chunin Exams. Abumi Zaku's right arm is blown off when Aburame Shino uses his bugs to block Zaku's air tubes. But in the anime, both of Zaku's arms remain attached to his body. However only the skin on his arms break.
- In the manga, Tenten and Temari's fight was never shown. It was because Sakura and Ino's conversation occurred during their fight. But in the anime, Tenten and Temari's match was shown. However Sakura and Ino's conversation occurred before Tenten and Temari's match.
- In the manga, during Neji and Hinata's match. The Byakugan is white. But in thie anime, during Neji and Hinata's match. The Byakugan is lavender.
- In the manga, women are almost always shown naked (in spa baths or via Naruto's Sexy Technique). But in the anime, the women are covered by something (such as towels, fog, or clouds) when they're shown.
- In the manga, Jiraiya starts Naruto's training at the Konoha Hot Springs. But in the anime, he tries to escape from training by attempting to elude him through a series of antics, eventually he trains him nearby a river.
- In the anime, Jiraya's conversation with Ebisu takes place before Dosu is killed by Gaara. Additionally, the anime moved the scene of Baki and Kabuto's conversation to take place immediately after Dosu's death instead of having Jiraiya's conversation in between both of these scenes. But in the manga, this scene takes place after Gaara kills Dosu while Kabuto's chat with Baki is shown after this scene.
- In the manga, when Gaara attacks and kills Dosu using the power of Shukaku. The attack bifurcated Dosu, which is seen when the dust cloud Gaara created had cleared up. But in the anime, only Dosu's injured arm was shown after the fatal attack. However unlike the manga, Gaara is also seen using this attack directly.
- In the manga, when Kabuto speaks with Baki after Gaara killed Dosu. He wears a sleeveless outfit. But in the anime, he wears his usual attire. In Naruto Shippuuden episode 307, Kabuto wears a sleeveless purple shirt and blue pants. However he also wears his Konoha forehead protector.
- In the manga, when Kabuto killed an Anbu during Naruto's battle with Neji at the Chunin Exams. He is seen wearing an Anbu uniform. But in the anime, he wears his usual attire instead of an Anbu uniform.
- In the manga, when a member of the Anbu was killed by Kabuto during the final Chunin Exams. The person's face was shown. But in the anime, his face wasn't shown when he was killed.
- In the manga, up until the second part of the Chunin Exams. Neji's hair tie was higher up, right at the base of his head. But in the anime, it was much lower.
- In the manga, Hanabi's hair is black. But in the anime, her hair is dark brown.
- In the manga, after a disguised Kabuto finishes healing Hinata. He knocks Inuzuka Kiba and his dog Akamaru unconscious during Naruto and Neji's fight. But in the anime, he knocks them out during Sasuke's fight with Gaara, just as Akamaru recognizes Kabuto's scent. However, when this scene is shown again in a flashback in Naruto Shippuuden, it's depicted like in the manga.
- The design of the Hyuga Main Family's Juinjutsu is different in the manga and anime. In the manga, it was a variation of a manji, a Buddhist symbol. But in the anime, it was an X instead.
- In the manga, Hyuga Hiashi tells Neji the details behind his father's death himself. He also vows on the floor showing Neji that what he is telling him is true. But in the anime, he hands him a scroll that was written by his father. However he vows down to Neji after Neji had red the scroll.
- In the manga, Sasuke and Kakashi arrive to the finals shortly after Shikamaru's match had ended. But in the anime, the Third Hokage instead allows for another extension for Sasuke to arrive. However Sasuke and Kakashi arrive just as Genma is about to cancel the match after the waiting time had expired.
- In the manga, the Chidori surrounds the user's hand in lightning. But in the anime, it creates lightning in the palm of the user's hand.
- In the manga, Naruto and Shikamaru didn't witness Gaara brutally murdered Shiba and Midori (which was not shown in detail), the hallway was completely splattered with their blood and body parts, to which Gaara even stepped on. But in the anime, the murder is shown in detail. However they were completely crushed within Gaara's sand, blood and bodies buried within it. Midori's attempt to escape before being dragged back in was exclusive to the anime as well. Including that Naruto and Shikamaru are present to witness this.
- In the manga, when Kakashi defends Sakura against two Oto-nin. He impales them in the head with a kunai. But in the anime, he slashes them across the chest with a kunai instead.
- In the manga, the Kusanagi looks more like a standard katana. But in the anime, it is a double-edged jian.
- In the manga, after Asuma rescues Shikamaru from a group of Oto-nin. He slashes them and punches using his trench knives, leaving their bloody corpses to the floor. Asuma then flicks his cigarette into a pool of their blood. But in the anime, Asuma only punches them with the trench knives. He also doesn't smoke a cigarette after killing them.
- In the manga, Shikaku along with Inoichi, and Choza first appeared during the Invasion of Konoha storyline as part of the counter offensive alongside other family members of the Konoha 11. But in the anime, they were originally introduced earlier during the Konoha Festival in the Chunin Exams arc.
- In the manga, Hiruzen's outfit bore the kanji for Third Hokage (三代目火影) on the back. But in the anime, it was changed to the kanji for fire (火). His outfit once again bore the kanji for Third Hokage upon his reanimation.
- During the Third Hokage's fight with Orochimaru. He rams Monkey King: Enma, who has transformed into an adamantine staff, into the Sword of Kusanagi, and his Enma is shown partially reversing the transformation. But in the anime, this is removed.
- In the manga, immediately after ramming his adamantine staff into the Sword of Kusanagi. Hiruzen places explosive tags on the left leg of Hashirama and the right leg of Senju Tobirama, they are later shown healing while standing. But in the anime, the tags are placed on the left leg of Hashirama and the right arm of Tobirama, they are shown healing while lying face down.
- In the manga, Senju Hashirama uses the Bringer-of-Darkness Technique. But in the anime, Tobirama performs it.
- In the manga, when Sarutobi Hiruzen raids Orochimaru's lair. There are several corpses strung along the walls. But in the anime, these corpses are replaced with shelves containing jars filled with remains and various organs.
- In the manga, when Gaara presses Sakura up against a tree. Blood is shown as it trickles out of her mouth. But in the anime, this is removed. Instead Sakura screams as Gaara presses her up against a tree.
- In the manga, when a young Gaara attempted to cut himself in a flashback. He aimed for his whist, at the vein. But in the anime, he aimed at the back of his hand instead.
- In the manga, when Naruto and Gamabunta do the Combination Transformation they transform into a giant fox with a single tail. But in the anime, they transform into Kurama.
- In the manga, when Kabuto speaks with Orochimaru after the Invasion of Konoha ended. He was wearing a sleeveless outfit. But in the anime, he wears his usual attire including his Oto forehead protector and fingerless gloves.
- In the manga, when Jiraiya uses Rasengan on Gantetsu. He also steals his wallet. But in the anime, he is given it out of respect.
- In the manga, during Jiraiya and Naruto's search for Tsunade. Jiraiya enters a gambling parlor. While Naruto mills around he finds a coin on the ground. Wondering how the slot machine works, he decides to insert his coin. Later Naruto has amazing luck, as he wins back a large amount of money. But in the anime, Naruto win a lot of money in a lottery instead.
- In the manga, as Naruto walks through the festival city. He stops by a mask shop and purchases a mask. Various masks in the background represent past Japanese manga, anime and TV series "in-jokes" included by Kishimoto. These include masks of Kamen Rider and Chaozu from the Dragon Ball series. But in anime, the masks are just generic masks.
- In the manga, when Naruto prevents Kabuto from attacking Tsunade. Kabuto's kunai directly impales Naruto's hand. But in the anime, it gets caught between Naruto's fingers instead.
- In the manga, when Kabuto goes for blood to summon snakes. He retrieves it from the wound on his wrist. But in the anime, he retrieves the blood from a wound on his palm instead.
- In the manga, Gamatatsu, Gamakichi and Tonton are all in the thick of the action when the giant snakes begin to attack. However, Tonton was the only that was injured. But in the anime, the three shinobi animals moved away to safety early on.
- In the manga, after the group returns to the village with Tsunade. They encounter Shikamaru and his father Shikaku. Shikamaru asks Naruto if he has a new technique and Naruto tells him yes. However Jiraiya smacked Naruto on the head after hearing Naruto state to Shikamaru he'll show him his new move. Jiraiya even tells Naruto that a shinobi shouldn't show off their techniques. But in the anime, Jiraiya was left behind in the hot springs they visited in the previous episode. Instead Naruto explains to Shikamaru that Tsunade is using a technique to make herself look young. This confuses Shikamaru as he doesn't anything about women. Naruto then tells Shikamaru that they will talk later. Naruto leaves as he has to bring Tsunade to the hospital, so she can heal Sasuke and Kakashi.
- In the manga, Shikamaru was promoted to a chunin at some point before Naruto and Jiraiya returned from their journey of bringing Tsunade back to the village. But in the anime, due to filler episodes taking place first. Including the Land of Tea Arc, this was pushed back to after Tsunade had become the Hokage. It's reveal that she was the one who personally informed Shikamaru of his promotion.
- In the manga, after Namiashi Raido and Shiranui Genma are defeated by the Sound Four. Raido has three shuriken in his back, and Genma has two kunai in his chest with his left palm facing up. But in the anime, Raido has two shuriken and a single kunai in his back. While Genma has a single kunai in his chest with his left palm facing down.
- In the manga, Lee and Guy's conversation regarding that Lee should go through the risky surgery so Lee could fulfil his dream takes place on the same night Sasuke fought against the Sound Four. But in the anime, this took place after Tsunade returned to the village at the end of the Search for Tsunade Arc.
- In the anime, during Tsunade's talk with Lee about why he wants to go though with the surgery. She mentions that the surgery was to take place that afternoon. The conversation occurred on the same day that Naruto and Sasuke fought during the beginning of the Sasuke Retrieval Arc. But in the manga, this scene along with the surgery takes place on the following day. Is reveal to be shortly after the Sasuke Retrieval Team left the village.
- In the manga, Neji was recruited into the Sasuke Retrieval Team after Lee heard their conversation and recommended him. But in the anime, the team instead encountered both him and Lee on their way out of the village discussing the success of Lee's operation that took place the day before.
- In the manga, Kidomaru did his best to take down Neji. When his first arrow ripped a massive hole through Neji's shoulder. But in the anime, it reduced the size of the hole. While this may serve as a content edit, it also made it more feasible for Neji to live through such an attack.
- In the manga, especially in Part I. Naruto and Kiba "flip the bird" several times. But in the anime, they only close their fist and look angry.
- In the manga, when Nara Shikamaru gets caught in Tayuya's genjutsu. He sees his skin and flesh melt off of his bones. But in the anime, he sees his entire arm melt away including the bones.
- In the manga, when Sakon and Ukon are torn apart and regenerate. The dark tissue leaks out of their body, and forms new arms and legs. But in the anime, the arms and legs are formed out of their organs.
- In the manga, while Kimimaro is fighting Gaara. Kimimaro's bones came out of his fingertips by dividing his skin on his fingertips. But in the anime, his bones just emerged from his fingertips through holes that close afterwards.
- In the manga, Kimimaro's encasement within Gaara's sand and his subsequent crushing are accompanied by a significant amount of more blood. But in the anime, it is less blood in order for the technique to work.
- In the anime, at the Valley of the End. Naruto stands near to the statue of Madara, and Sasuke is on the statue that is opposite him. After the scene changes from Sasuke activating his Sharingan, Sasuke is near the statue with Naruto opposite him. But in the manga, Naruto stands on Hashirama's statue whereas Sasuke stands on Madara's statue.
- In the manga, when Naruto thinks about the difference between him and Sasuke during their childhood. Naruto is seen wearing a white t-shirt with a red swirl on the front, along with wearing black shorts and black shoes. But in the anime, when Naruto thinks about the difference between him and Sasuke during their childhood. Naruto is seen wearing the same white t-shirt. However he wears the t-shirt with dark gray shorts and blue shoes.
- In the manga, when Sasuke pierces through Naruto's shoulder with the Chidori. We see his arm, and hand go through Naruto's shoulder with no obstruction. But in the anime, his hand is inside Naruto's shoulder while the Chidori's electrical light comes out from the back of Naruto's left shoulder.
- Ib the manga, when Naruto tells Sasuke that he and Iruka are the first bonds that he made during his childhood. Sasuke remembers when Naruto smiled at him when he saw him on a bridge. During the flashback, Naruto wears a white t-shirt including black shorts and black shoes. But in the anime, when this is shown as a flashback in Naruto Shippuuden episode 213. Naruto is seen wearing a orange short sleeve vest along with a baby blue t-shirt, light gray pocket shorts and blue shoes.
- In the manga, after bringing Naruto back from the Valley of the End. Kakashi goes to the Memorial Stone to talk with Obito. But in the anime, this scene is never shown. Instead Naruto has a argument with Jiraiya while he is healing in the hospital after he told Sakura that he will bring Sasuke back.
- In the anime, when Neji suggests to Hinata that she go see Naruto off. He is in the middle of a sparring match with her. But in the manga, it is in the middle of his sparring session with Hiashi. However the conversation is much longer, including an appearance from Kiba and Shino. The scene of Neji's training session with Hiashi including Kiba and Shino's appearance was instead used earlier at the beginning of the Mizuki Strikes Back Arc.
- In the anime, Naruto was capable of throwing his Rasengan. But in the manga, it was established that the Rasengan cannot be thrown.
Difference Between Anime and Video Game
- Note only doing Naruto Rise of a Ninja & Naruto The Broken Bond
- In the anime, the series start with Naruto defacing the Hokage Monument. But in the video game, the series start with Naruto sitting on a swing after he fail his ninja academy graduation exam for the third time.
- In the anime, Naruto speaks to Mizuki while they are at Naruto's apartment. But in the video game, Naruto speaks to Mizuki as the latter is at a tree.
- In the anime, it never shows how Naruto took the scroll of seals. But in the video game, Naruto goes to the Hokage residence in order to take the scroll of seals.
- In the anime, Naruto was in the forest while higher up ninja learn that he took the scroll of seals. But in the video game, Naruto has to run to the forest as higher up ninja try to find him after he took the scroll.
- In the anime, Naruto is on the ground exhausted as he learns the shadow clone technique. But in the video game, Naruto has to learn the multiple shadow clone technique 3 times and then Iruka finds him.
- In the anime, Naruto only used the multiple shadow clone technique to battle against Mizuki. But in the video game, Naruto has to use fighting combos then he uses the multiple shadow clone technique to finish off Mizuki.
- In the anime, Konohamaru follows Naruto all over the village after they first met. But in the video game, Naruto has to find Konohamaru who is playing hide and seek when Moegi asks Naruto to look for him.
- In the anime, Naruto has Konohamaru do research to learn about his Sexy Technique. But in the video game, Naruto has Konohamaru come to the women's bath house so he can learn the Sexy Technique.
- In the anime, Naruto's sexy technique has fog because the girl has no clothes on. But in the video game, even though Naruto's sexy technique has fog covering the girl. The girl also wears a bikini.
- In the anime, after seeing Naruto's Harem Technique. Ebisu gets a nose bleed and falls on the ground while he and Naruto are in a forest. But in the video game, after seeing Naruto's Sexy Technique. Ebisu gets no nose bleed and falls on the ground while he and Naruto are in front of the Women's bath house.
- In the anime, Naruto never walked around the village searching for Sakura and Sasuke so they can meet Kakashi at the Training Field. But in the video game, Naruto did walked around the village searching for Sakura and Sasuke so they can meet Kakashi at the Training Field.
Movies & OVAs
- "Find the Four-Leaf Crimson Clover!"
- "Mission: Protect the Waterfall Village!"
- "Hidden Leaf Village Grand Sports Festival"
- "Finally a clash! Jonin VS Genin!! Indiscriminately Championships battle royal!!"
- Introduction Arc (Ep. 1 to 5)
- Land of Waves Arc (Ep. 6 to 19)
- Chunin Exam Arc (Ep. 20 to 67)
- Invasion of Konoha Arc (Ep. 68 to 80)
- Search for Tsunade Arc (Ep. 81 to 100)
- Land of Tea Arc (Ep. 102 to 106)
- Sasuke Retrieval Arc (Ep. 107 to 135)
- Land of Rice Fields Arc (Ep. 136 to 140)
- Mizuki Strikes Back Arc (Ep. 141 to 147)
- Search for the Bikochu Arc (Ep. 148 to 151)
- Curry of Life Arc (Ep. 152 to 157)
- Bounty Hunter Arc (Ep. 159 and 160)
- Land of Birds Arc (Ep. 162 to 167)
- Land of Sea Arc (Ep. 169 to 173)
- Impostor Arc (Ep. 175 to 176)
- Hoshigakure Arc (Ep. 178 to 183)
- Land of Vegetables Arc (Ep. 187 to 191)
- Third Great Beast Arc (Ep. 195 and 196)
- Trap Master Arc (Ep. 197 to 201)
- Kurama Clan Arc (Ep. 203 to 207)
- Shinobazu Arc (Ep. 209 to 212)
- Menma Arc (Ep. 213 to 215)
- Ultimate Weapon Arc (Ep. 216 to 220)
- "Rocks'" (Ep. 1 to 25)
- "Far Away" (Ep. 26 to 53)
- "Sadness into Kindness" (Ep. 54 to 77)
- "Go!!!" (Ep. 78 to 103)
- "Youth's Rhapsody" (Ep. 104 to 128)
- "No Boy No Cry" (Ep. 129 to 153)
- "Discord Sateraito" (Ep. 154 to 178)
- "Re:member" (Ep. 179 to 202)
- "Swaying" (Ep. 203 to 220)
- "Rise" by Jeremy Sweet and Ian Nickus for the English version of season 1 only. "Far Away" replaces "Rise" in episode 52, and is then replaced by "Go" in the same way as the Japanese version.
- "Wind" (Ep. 1 to 25)
- "Harmonia" (Ep. 26 to 51)
- "Viva★Rock-Japanese Side" (Ep. 52 to 64)
- "ALIVE" (Ep. 65 to 77)
- "Many Times Before" (Ep. 78 to 89)
- "Meteor" (Ep. 90 to 103)
- "Mountain A Go Go Two" (Ep. 104 to 115)
- "The First Time I Spoke With You" (Ep. 116 to 128)
- "Lost Words" (Ep. 129 to 141)
- "Speed" (Ep. 142 to 153)
- "I'm Always by Your Side" (Ep. 154 to 165)
- "Parade" (Ep. 166 to 178)
- "Yellow Moon'" (Ep. 179 to 191)
- "Pinocchio" (Ep. 192 to 202)
- "Scenario" (Ep. 203 to 220)
- The English version use the same openings, and an instrumental version of "Rise" by Jeremy Sweet and Ian Nickus as the closing theme.
- Junko Takeuchi as Uzumaki Naruto & Akamaru
- Chie Nakamura as Haruno Sakura
- Noriaki Sugiyama as Uchiha Sasuke
- Kazuhiko Inoue as Hatake Kakashi
- Nana Mizuki as Hyuga Hinata
- Shinji Kawada as Aburame Shino
- Kosuke Toriumi as Inuzuka Kiba
- Ryoka Yuzuki as Yamanaka Ino
- Shotaro Morikubo as Nara Shikamaru
- Kentaro Ito as Akimichi Choji
- Koichi Tochika as Hyuga Neji
- Yoichi Masukawa as Rock Lee
- Yukari Tamura as Tenten
- Akira Ishida as Gaara
- Romi Park as Temari
- Yasuyuki Kase as Kankuro
- Hidekatsu Shibata as Sarutobi Hiruzen aka the Third Hokage
- Hideo Ishikawa as Uchiha Itachi
- Hochu Otsuka as Jiraiya
- Masako Katsuki as Tsunade aka the Fifth Hokage
- Toshihiko Seki as Umino Iruka
- Ikue Otani as Sarutobi Konohamaru
- Jurota Kosugi as Sarutobi Asuma
- Eizo Tsuda as Hyuga Hiashi
- Kazuaki Ito as Hyuga Hizashi
- Kiyomi Asai as Hyuga Hanabi
- Keiko Nemoto as Shizune, Tonton, Uzuki Yugao & Young Neji
- Emi Sagara as Uchiha Mikoto
- Kenji Hamada as Uchiha Fugaku & Aburame Shibi
- Takako Honda as Mitarashi Anko
- Takayuki Sugo as Senju Hashirama aka the 1st Hokage
- Kenyu Horichi as Senju Tobirama aka the 2nd Hokage & Nagato aka Pain
- Joji Nakata as Baki
- Maya Sakamoto. as Matsuri
- Masahiko Tanaka as Rasa aka the Fourth Kazekage
- Soichiro Hoshi as Yashamaru
- Masashi Ebara as Maito Gai
- Rumi Ochiai as Yuhi Kurenai
- Eri Saito as Inuzuka Hana
- Seiko Fujiki as Inuzuka Tsume
- Eisuke Asakura as Teuchi
- Masayo Hosono as Ayame
- Hiroaki Hirata as Shiranui Genma
- Hiroshi Yanaka as Nara Shikaku
- Naoko Matsui as Nara Yoshino
- Tomo Shigematsu as Udon & Gamatatsu
- Noriko Shitaya as Moegi
- Yumiko Kobayashi as Nawaki
- Takuma Suzuki as Kato Dan
- Yuko Nagashima as Tsubaki
- Misa Watanabe as Tsunami
- Takeshi Aono as Tazuna
- Shizuka Ishikawa as Inari
- Akimitsu Takase as Kaiza
- Ema Kogure as Naruto's Sexy Technique
- Nobuo Tobita as Ebisu & Zetsu
- Junko Midori as Utatane Koharu
- Hikaru Miyata as Homura Mitokado
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Yamashiro Aoba
- Nobuaki Fukuda as Akimichi Choza
- Taiten Kusunoki as Morino Ibiki
- Sayaka Aida as Isaribi
- Shinpachi Tsuji as Pakkun
- Nozomu Sasaki as Hayate Gakko
- Tomoyuki Kouno as Hagane Kotetsu
- Tomohiro Tsuboi as Kamitsuki Izumo
- Hiroshi Tsuchida as Namiashi Raido
- Mamiko Noto as Katsuyu
- Takeshi Watabe as Gamabunta
- Masuo Amada as Manda
- Tesshô Genda as Kurama aka the Kyuubi
- Hiroshi Iwasaki as Shukaku
- Hiroshi Naka as Enma
- Tomoko Miyadera as Suzume
- Taisuke Yamamoto as Young Iruka
- Toru Nara as Young Jiraiya
- Mayumi Yamaguchi as Young Orochimaru
- Makoto Tsumura as Young Kimimaro
- Hisayoshi Suganuma as Young Mizuki
- Haruhi Nano as Young Tsunade
- Shinichiro Miki as Mizuki
- Toshiyuki Morikawa as Kimimaro
- Akeno Watanabe as Tayuya
- Kenta Miyake as Jirobo
- Susumu Chiba as Kidomaru
- Shunsuke Sakuya as Sakon & Ukon
- Kujira as Orochimaru
- Nobutoshi Canna as Yakushi Kabuto
- Unshou Ishizuka as Momochi Zabuza
- Mayumi Asano as Haku
- the late Tomoyuki Dan as Hoshigaki Kisame
- Katsuhiko Kawamoto as Deidara
- Yuriko Yamaguchi as Orochimaru (Grass Ninja)
- Yuko Sato as Akane
- Maile Flanagan as Naruto
- Yuri Lowenthal as Sasuke
- Kate Higgins as Sakura & Udon
- Dave Wittenberg as Kakashi, Gamakichi & Gamatatsu
- Stephanie Sheh as Hinata, Hanabi & Naruto's Sexy Technique
- Kyle Hebert as Kiba & Inoichi
- Derek Stephen Prince as Shino
- Colleen O'Shaughnessey as Ino & Konohamaru
- Tom Gibis as Shikamaru
- Robbie Rist as Choji
- Steve Staley as Neji
- Brian Donovan as Rock Lee
- Danielle Judovits as Tenten
- Liam O'Brien as Gaara & Kotetsu
- Tara Platt as Temari
- Michael Lindsay as Kankuro
- Crispin Freeman as Itachi, Ebisu & Rasa aka the Fourth Kazekage
- Quinton Flynn as Iruka
- David Lodge as Jiraiya
- Debi Mae West as Tsunade aka the Fifth Hokage
- Steve Kramer as Hiruzen aka the Third Hokage
- Jamie Simone as Akamaru
- Skip Stellrecht as Maito Gai
- Doug Erholtz as Asuma
- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Kurenai, Katsuyu, Orochimaru (Grass Ninja), Suzume & Young Tsunade
- Megan Hollingshead as Shizune, Yoshino, Tonton & Akane
- Doug Stone as Fugaku
- Kari Wahlgren as Hana, Young Kimimaro, Mikoto & Tayuya
- Brian Beacock as Yashamaru, Zetsu (Light Side), Sakon & Ukon
- Michael Sorich as Choza, Gamabunta, Jirobo & Zetsu (Dark Side)
- Patrick Seitz as Raido
- Richard Cansino as Izumo
- Wendee Lee as Moegi, Young Neji & Tsubaki
- Roger Craig Smith as Kato Dan
- Brianne Siddall as Nawaki
- J.B. Blanc as Pakkun & Sasori (Hiruko)
- Jamieson Price as Hashirama aka the First Hokage
- Peter Lurie as Tobirama aka the Second Hokage & Kidomaru
- Jeannie Elias as Koharu
- Beau Billingslea as Homura
- Jessica Straus as Tsume
- John Demita as Hiashi & Hizashi
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Genma
- Kim Strass as Ibiki
- Jonathan Fahn as Shikaku
- Laura Bailey as Anko & Ayame
- Lex Lang as Teuchi & Hayate
- Susan Dalian as Yugao
- Mona Marshall as Inari & Young Haku
- Cindy Robinson as Tsunami
- Kirk Thornton as Shukaku, Kisame & Tazuna
- Wally Wingert as Kaiza, Yamashiro, Aoba
- Sam Regal as Baki
- Bridget Hoffman as Isaribi
- Lara Jill Miller as Matsuri (Ep. 216 – 220)
- Paul St. Peter as Kurama aka the Nine Tail Fox
- Michael McConnohie as Enma
- Richard Epcar as Manda
- Brad MacDonald as Young Jiraiya
- Steven Blum as Orochimaru & Zabuza
- Henry Dittman as Kabuto
- Susan Dalian as Haku
- Fred Tatasciore as Gato
- Keith Silverstein as Gantetsu & Kimimaro
- Michael Reisz as Mizuki
Cast (Live Action Film)
- This year in 2017, Masashi Kishimoto is making a Live Action Naruto Movie that is being produced by Lionsgate. Nevertheless Kishimoto will be involved with the project to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- During the first round of the Chunin Exams, ironically Naruto including Hinata and Sakura are the only three contestants that didn't cheat. Sakura answered the questions on her own. Whereas Naruto didn't wanted to cheat because he didn't want his team to fail, while Hinata who was sitting next to Naruto had offer him to cheat off of her. However just like with his own team, Naruto also didn't want Hinata's team to fail the exam.
- Ironically Menma is the name of a Japanese bamboo which is also found in ramen.
- The names of the three Sannin (Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru) were taken from the "Legend of the Gallant Jiraiya" each of whom had a special magic they learned - toad, slug, and snake.
- The sword that Orochimaru uses is a sword called "Kusanagi" this means grass cutter and this is from a legend. A god was one day banished from heaven and killed a 8 head snake and out of the snake popped a sword and that was the sword of Kusanagi.
- The name Uzumaki means whirlpool, Naruto is named after the whirlpool of the city Naruto. Naruto is also a name for steamed fish-paste cake, sliced to decorate soup which has a spiral design in the middle.
- There once was a Japanese priest who supposedly enchanted a teapot to never be empty at a party and was believed to be a tanuki. His name was Shukaku. Gaara's tanuki demon is named Shukaku.
- The S-class criminal group AKATSUKI has two meanings. One is "red moon". The other was "daybreak" or "the dawn".
- Itachi's doujutsu techniques concerning the Mangekyo Sharingan has coined from the god and the goddess of Japanese Mythology. Tsukiyomi is a moon god and Amaterasu is the sun goddess, literally.
- Ino-Shika-Cho, aka team 10 (has shared the three-member team from their fathers (Inoichi, Shikaku and Choza), and so are their techniques and their origin came from the card game.
- Kakashi's means Scarecrow and Hatake means Dry field, or... literally, "a scarecrow on a dry field".
- Masashi Kishimoto, the creator of Naruto, was a huge fan of Akira Toriyama's Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball. Also he loves all the Dragon Ball stories up until the first appareance of Freeza. His favorite Dragon Ball character is Kuririn, because he has the most "human" feel and because he relates with him a lot.
- Masashi Kishimoto says that the world of Naruto doesn't differ very much from our present time. Television, refrigerators and air conditioners exist in the world. The only exceptions are weapons and explosives, which he decided to set in a much earlier era. That's why we don't see firearms in the world of Naruto.
- In Naruto, the frog is associated with Naruto and Jiraiya, while the snake is with Sasuke and orochimaru. Whereas the slug is with Sakura and Tsunade. The triad of Snake, Snail and Frog is from Japanese mythology. The Snake is more powerful than the frog, the slug is more powerful than the snake, and the frog is more powerful than the slug, making a "paper, rock, scissors" sort of situation. These three are collectively called the Sansukumi.
- The Great Naruto Bridge is an actual bridge built between the Japanese islands Honshu and Shikoku. The Naruto Strait, which it is built across, is also famous for the many whirlpools that appear in it when the tide goes out.
- The name "Umino Iruka" can be split into the words "umi no iruka" - and since "iruka" means "dolphin" and "umi" is "sea", his name is literally "dolphin of the sea".
- Haruno Sakura roughly translates to "Cherry Blossom of Spring".
- The word "uchiha" literally means "fan".
- Mitarashi Anko appears multiple times eating dango (rice dumplings on a skewer). This is because her last name, Mitarashi, is a tasty type of dango usually served with a special sauce. Anko is also an ingredient oft used in dango.
- The trio of Ino, Shikamaru, and Chouji are related through more than just their fathers' names: "ino" means "boar" (hence Sakura's insulting nickname "Ino-pig"), "shika" is "deer" (Shikamaru's family raises deer, and his last name, Nara, is the name of a park in Japan that is famous for its group of free-roaming deer), and "chou" is "butterfly". The trio of "ino-shika-chou" is a hand that can be played in the card game Hanafuda.
- Morino Ibiki's name, like Iruka's and Sakura's, can be split into three words - "mori no ibiki". This translates literally to "snoring of the forest" and is thought to refer to his bear-like shape and appearance.
- Actually, the nine-tailed demon fox is taken from the legendary tailed demon from Japan.
- Kabuto's team are names of ninja gear. Kabuto is Helmet, Yoroi is Armor, Tsurugi is Sword.
- In order to promote the third Naruto Movie, starting from episode 197 to 199, the production team replaced the scenes from the opening "Re:member" (by FLOW) and closing "Pinnochio" (by Ore Ska Band) with scenes from Movie 3.
- The kanji character on Gaara's forhead is "ai" which translates as "love".
- The 'ahou' crow cried makes a cameo in episodes 101, 161 and 168. Consistently for other wacky filler arcs.
- Most of the Japanese voice cast of Naruto also works in the Japanese anime series "24".
- "Hagane" means steel or "full metal" and "Kotetsu" means "Little steel".
- In various episodes a crow flies past (usually when someone says or does something stupid or awkward) and makes a sound resembling the japanese word "aho" which means "idiot" or "fool".
- Konohamaru, Udon and Moegi make a guest appearance in the american cartoon Ben Ten in the final 2 minutes of episode 30 "Merry Christmas".
- At the end of the English version of "A Cry on Deaf Ears," when there's the preview for the next episode, the title is misspelled: "Brothers: Distance Among the Uchicha." "Uchiha" should be without the extra "c".
- Itachi's eye techniques (Tsuyokomi/Amaterasu) are related to the mythologic story of a god washing his eyes and nose out in the river. His right eye became the god of the moon (Tsuyokomi) and his left eye became the goddes of the sun (Amaterasu). The nose became Susano'o.
- Naruto can be heard saying "Dattebasa" in two occasions; once in episode 3, after Shikamaru questioning Naruto's presence in the room and other in episode 4, during the bell test when he and his Shadow Clones were briefly tricked by Kakashi to fight each other.
- In episode 6 when Kakashi is explaining about the five Kages, the Mizukage is wearing a blue hat and the Kazekage is wearing a green hat. However later in the series the Kazekage's hat color becomes blue.
- In episode 20 when Naruto wakes up and leaves his room, the key used to lock the door has a small keychain of a miniture Pakkun.
- In episode 82, just after you see Maito Gai intercepting Hoshigaki Kisame's lunge, in the time between 18:15 and 18:18, you see a close-up on Hatake Kakashi's face without the scar on his left eye.
- Episode 100 features a slight pun on the Rock-Paper-Scissors game, AKA Jan-Ken-Pon in Japanese. Gai and Kakashi begin the chant, "Jan-Ken--" and the scene immediately cuts to Gai tapping Lee on the shoulder, the sound of which is rendered in manga as "pon," thereby "completing" the chant.
- In Episode 101, when Sakura tries to scare away the Moya Triad, she uses Naruto's "Dattebayo!".
- In Episode 102 when Sakura is looking at the stand (aprox. 16:00) she looks over a set of Keychains. They are, in order from top to bottom, left to right, Manda, Pakkun, Gamakichi, Tonton, Katsuyu, and Gamabunta. Sakura then picks up the Gamabunta keychain and comments on the price.
- In episode 109, one can find Uchiha Sasuke's lips twitch before he said "Thank you" to Haruno Sakura. This is seen at around [19:46] to [19:48] in the episode.
- In episode 161, the one with the Gai and Lee imposters, at one scene where Naruto tries to talk the fake Gai and Lee into bringing him along on their training you can see Sasuke standing idly in the background as well as Anko.
- Also in episode 161, when the false Gai and Lee first search through the village, they pass a variety of characters visiting from other arcs, including Inari and Tsunami from the Country of the Wave Arc, Ibiki from the Chunin Exam, and more recently, Sasame and Sanshou-baasan from the Filler Arcs. These are just a few of the examples. Such a technique was used for the Naruto Sports Festival mini-movie for most of the background, especially the line going to the background, where you can obviously see Itachi and Kisame waiting in line.
- At the end of episode 168 you can see among the crowd waiting in line to try out the new diet ramen (popular with the ladies) Sasame from the filler arc, Temari, Tenten, Ino, Hinata, Anko and Kurenai. While inside Moegi can be seen eating the new diet dish.
- In episode 194, the 2nd name from the left that appears on the contract scroll for summoning is Kishimoto Masashi, the name of the author of Naruto. This is seen at around [19:02] in the episode.
- In episode 213, the ninja with the sword who gets killed by Menma, can also be seen in episode 19, right after Gatoo gets killed.
- Live Action Film
all information on the Naruto (Anime) came from http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Naruto_(series)