BackgroundHe was the younger brother of Tsunade and the grandson of Senju Hashirama and Uzumaki Mito. He was also the grandnephew of Senju Tobirama. He shared his dream of becoming Hokage with his sister on his twelfth birthday, who gave him their grandfather's necklace in the hopes that it would help him achieve his dream. The day after his birthday, Nawaki died in battle after running into an explosive trap. Orochimaru was with him, along with two other genin, implying that Orochimaru was his sensei. His body was so heavily mutilated that it was beyond recognition. The necklace was retrieved by Orochimaru and returned to a devastated Tsunade.
In terms of personality, Nawaki was very much like Uzumaki Naruto and Kato Dan. He too held the dream of becoming Hokage, and was proud of the title for his grandfather's legacy. As the First's grandson he wanted to earn the title of Hokage, and protect the village that his grandfather had founded. He was also described as someone that hated losing in battles, just like Naruto did when he became a genin. Just like Dan, Nawaki was an honorable man of justice.
Nawaki had short light-brown hair, green-grey eyes and distinct blushes on his cheeks. For attire, he wore a dark teal poncho top and light green pants. He was also gifted with the First Hokage's necklace which he wore around his neck. According to Dan, Naruto bears striking resemblance to him.
Naruto Shippuden (Part ll)
Fourth Shinobi War arc
When Madara's Infinite Tsukuyomi was activated, Tsunade dreamed of a happy life with a still alive Dan as Hokage. Including that a still alive Nawaki having a conversation with a still alive Jiraiya, and with Orchimaru.
Decades after his death, Orochimaru would offer to Tsunade the opportunity to bring Nawaki back to life, together with her lover, Kato Dan in exchange for healing his arms. The reincarnation would require a human sacrifice, though. She ultimately refused, realizing that Nawaki and Dan would not want her to sacrifice the lives of others in exchange for theirs.
- Tsunade (Older sister)
- Uzumaki Naruto (Future Incarnation & True Counterpart)
- Uzumaki Mito (Grandmother)
- Senju Hashirama (Grandfather/dead)
- Senju Tobirama (Granduncle)
- Orochimaru (Sensei)
- "Nawaki" (縄樹) means "rope tree", similar to his sister's name meaning "mooring rope".
- Nawaki made a cameo appearance in the ending omake of Naruto Shippuuden episode 129, holding a balloon portraying Tsunade's face.
- His birthday was August 9, & his bloodtype was O.
- Nawaki seems to act more like Naruto. Since both have a love for Ramen Noodles.
- Japanese : Yumiko Kobayashi
- English : Brianne Siddall
all information on Nawaki is from http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Nawaki