Quasimodo first appeared as an infant, being carried by his mother. His face wasn't seen but only his arm, in which he was described by Frollo as a monster. His mother and father were gypsies who were secretly sneaking in Paris through the waterways, but were caught by Judge Claude Frollo and his men who stood in their way. Frollo thinks that she stole items, but she was actually carrying Quasimodo. Quasimodo's Mother ran away from the soldiers, and was chased by Frollo into Notre Dame. When Frollo grabbed Quasimodo out of her arms, she try to get her son back, but he hits her with his boot. She then falls backwards by hitting her head on the stairs of Notre Dame, and died as a result. When Quasimodo cries after the incident (presumably due to being snatched), Frollo finds out that Quasimodo is an infant instead of a stolen good like he thought, and that she was trying to save Quasimodo. Frollo sees Quasimodo's deformed face for the first time, and decides to drown him upon seeing that he was deformed in disgust. But the Archdeacon arrives just in time to save Quasimodo's life by stopping the judge from doing this. He commanded him not to murder the baby, and makes Frollo raise Quasimodo as his own son for killing his mother, who was an innocent woman. However, he only did this because he felt the infant would later prove useful to him.
Despite his appearance, Quasimodo is a kind and gentle person. He was also curious, and trust worthy enough. He was naive to see the true nature of his master, Judge Claude Frollo until he was in his early twenties. Even when Frollo taught Quasimodo that gypsies such as Esmeralda were evil, Quasimodo was not particularly violent towards them. He also seems to have an attachment to Notre Dame, as he didn't leave even after he was accepted into society.
His devotion to his master almost proved to be his undoing, as it has almost caused him to abandon his friends and allies at one time. He can also show violence towards his enemies, particularly when they were threatening his friends and allies, especially Esmeralda.
AppearanceHe has a deformed face, a curved hunchback. He lives in the bell tower of Notre Dame that is located in Paris. His hair color is red, and he doesn't have a problem thinking about his appearance when other people see him for who he is. For a outfit he wears brown tights, along with a green tunic, and blue shoes. His eye color is light blue. In the second film, he wears a violet purple brown stripe circus outfit along with a blue cape, and a violet purple brown stripe hat. In the second film, he also wears the original outfit that he worn in the first film.
On a side note, Quasimodo is a talented artist, able to carve miniature figurines and toys, a scale wooden model of Paris and the Cathedral itself, and crafted a decoration of hung pieces/shards of stained glass. Quasimodo likely developed his skills in handicraft as a hobby or to make his life isolated in the belltower more bearable. Finally, Quasimodo, despite his appearance, is a very agile acrobat, able to quickly move across rooftops, scale buildings, rope-swing, and climb large structures with little difficulty. He most likely made a habit of climbing and scaling the cathedral to better observe the world from which his master forbade him from ever entering, and to see the free people, envying them for being able to live as they do.
Due to his duty to ring the bells of Notre Dame, Quasimodo possesses extreme physical strength. One of the first instances of this abnormal physical strength was him being able to lift the fully armored Pheobus up off his feet with no notable effort when Pheobus entered the bell tower in search of Esmeralda. He even knock Phoebus unconscious again while using his left foot, since the soldier was under the table that Quasi and Frollo were sitting at, because Quasimodo didn't want Frollo to know that Esmeralda had brought Phoebus to the Bell tower. Quasimodo was also able to slap Phoebus on his back very hard after, he and Phoebus decided to find Esmeralda, and despite apologizing Phoebus knows Quasimodo wasn't even sorry for doing it. More so, perhaps the most impressive feats we see of Quasimodo was his ability to break free of the chains which held him in the bell tower when Frollo was preparing to execute Esmeralda.
The gargoyles tell him to go against Frollo's rules of leaving the tower to attend the festival of fools. At the Festival of Fools, he meets Esmeralda, and falls in love with her. When he goes on stage to see if his face can be pulled off, the people of Paris see that his face is real.Clopin crowns him King of Fools, and the people are happy. But then the people throw fruit at him, and tie him up on stage while still laughing throwing more fruit at him. He asks for Frollo's help, but Frollo does not help him. Esmeralda comes on stage approaching him to say she's sorry to let this torment happen to him. He sees Esmeralda stick up for him in front of Frollo. But he watches Esmeralda free him after Frollo said not to, and Esmeralda uses magic tricks to escapes from Frollo's guards. He is impressed with her skills, and Frollo looks at him angry. He looks at his master sad, ashamed, and innocent. He says to Frollo that he will never disobey him again, and walks back to the bell tower in horror while people are scared of him.
Quasimodo then hears Esmeralda's song "God Help The Outcast", but before he can talk to her, a parishioner who mistook him for causing trouble shouts at him, causing him to knock down a candle staff and flee back to the bell tower. Esmeralda was terrified seeing him being scared away by the Parishioner follows him and the Parishioner is stopped by the Archdeacon when he attempted to stop her and Djali from following him. Quasimodo still being chased in the process, leads Esmeralda to his room.
He shows Esmeralda his model of Paris, and all the bells he rings. He then tells her that sanctuary is always with her. He also tells her about his past, and how Frollo thinks of him of being a monsters. Esmeralda then reads his hand, and sees that he is not a monster. Esmeralda then asks him if he thinks that she is evil, and Quasimodo says that she is kind and good. Esmeralda says to him that Frollo could be wrong about her, and him. He then helps Esmeralda escape from Frollo's guards. He is then commented by Esmeralda, that he is a great acrobat. He is then asked to come to the Court of Miracles, but he doesn't accept the offer. He is then worry that Esmeralda will try to visit him more often. He nervously tells Esmeralda his chores, but then gets a little kiss. He's happy by the kiss, and says "whatever's good for you". He is then given a necklace to lead him to Esmeralda in case of emergency.After Esmeralda left the catherals, with Quasimodo's help. Quasimodo heads back for the Bell Tower. He unexpectedly meets Phoebus, but Quasi tries to scare him off from seeing that Esmeralda is gone, and Phoebus asks Quasi to tell Esmeralda that he didn't mean to trap her in the cathedral, but it was the only way to save her from Frollo and his guards. Phoebus also says to Quasi that he is lucky to have Esmeralda as a friend. After Phoebus leaves, the gargoyles are happy for Quasi for successfully ejecting Pheobus. He then tells the gargoyles that he has the uglyist face in Paris, and he doesn't think that Esmeralda is his type.
Then singing "Heaven's Light", he paints a wooden doll of Esmeralda, then he rings the bells. The next day he is worried about Esmeralda, but the gargoyles assume that Esmeralda likes him.So the gargoyles tell him this in the song A Guy Like You. He then heard Esmeralda calling him for help, and is happy to know that she is alright. He is then ask by another favor from Esmeralda, which he accepts.
He then sees Esmeralda bring in an an injured Phoebus, and he leads them to his room. He watches how Esmeralda heals Phoebus's wounds, that the injured man got from Frollo's man. He then sees Esmeralda kiss Phoebus right in front of his eyes. He is heart broken, and sings Heaven's Light (Reprise) in his mind. Feeling sad, and heartbroken he then rips the card of hearts. Then he turns away, and cries.
He then hears Djali calling them to see that Frollo is coming. He tells Esmeralda and the other gypsie to leave. He then hides Phoebus under the table, so Frollo doesn't find out. Frollo comes and knows that Quasimodo let Esmeralda escape. He is then giving grapes as a treat to see if he hasn't seen Esmeralda. He prepares the table for Frollo, and Frollo ask what's troubling him. As a response he tells his master nothing. His master pretends to drop a grape on the floor, and Quasimodo picks it up. His master tells him to eat, and Quasimodo does so strangely. Phoebus starts waking up under the table, and Quasi kicks him unconscious again to make him fall a sleep. Lying to Frollo, Quasimodo pretends to choke on a grape seed.Quasimodo then sees Frollo looking at the wooden figure of Esmeralda. He in shock sees Frollo mad at him. But he says to Frollo that Esmeralda was kind to him. Angry at the statement, Frollo destroys all of Quasimodo's wooden models of the city. He is then grabbed by Frollo hearing from his master that gypsies are not good at knowing real love. Quasimodo in speechless words is told by Frollo to think about his mother. He is still looking at his master, who is angry with him for helping Esmeralda.
He is then let go by his speechless master, and Frollo burns Quasimodo's wooden figurine of Esmeralda. He then hears Frollo say that Esmeralda will be out of his life soon. His master then tells him that he will go to the Court of Miracles, and attack with a thousand men. Frollo then leaves, and Phoebus wakes up telling him to come along to save Esmeralda. He says no, and he also tells Phoebus that he can't disobey Frollo again. Phoebus then tells him that Esmeralda stuck up for him at the Festival of Fools,and then tells him to do what he thinks is right. Phoebus then looks at him, and leaves the room.He doesn't like back at Phoebus, and says to Laverne, Victor, and Hugo. "What? What am I suppose to do? Go out there and rescue the girl form the jaws of death and the whole town will cheer like I'm some kind of a hero? She already has her knight in shinning armor, and it's not me". He tells the gargoyles that "Frollo was right. Frollo was right about everything, but I'm tired of being something that I'm not". He remembers the necklace she gave to him,and looks at it. Laverne hands him his hood, and he says to her "I must be out of my mind".
He scares Phoebus coming at the front door, and tell him that he is coming with him. He tells Phoebus "I not doing it for you I'm doing It for her". He hands him the item that Esmerlada gave to him, and finds out that It's a map. They argue over the item, and agree to work together to find Esmeralda. He then slaps Phoebus on his back too hard, which hurts him. he says "sorry" to him, and Phoebus say to him "No, you're not". He and Phoebus then reach a stair sewage tunnel.
Both of them are inside the court of miracles, but are caught by Clopin and the other gypsies to believe them to by spies for Frollo. Quasimodo then mumbles saying to call Esmerlada, when Clopin asks him for any last words. Clopin is just about to pull the leather, when Esmeralsa yells stop. They are rescue by Esmeralda just in time before being Hung.
Esmeralda then tells Clopin that he and Phoebus aren't spies. She says to him that he and Phoebus are their friends. She says to Clopin that Quasimodo help her escape the catheral. He and Phoebus is set free. He watches Esmeralda hug Phoebus, and fills left out. Phoebus tells her to thank Quasimodo for helping him find her. Frollo comes to thank him as well. He watches his master capture Esmerlada,and Phoebus. Frollo catches all the gypsies as well, and tells the guards to lock everyone up. He begs for Frollo to let everyone go, but Frollo refuses. Frollo tells the guards to take Quasimodo back at the belltower, and to make sure he says there. The guards then drag his body back to the bell tower.Once again he is sent back to the bell tower, but this time tie up in chains. The Gargoyles tell him to snap out it, but he says to them it's all his fault. They tell him to break the chain, and he told them he already try. He tells Hugo, Victor and Laverne that Frollo has already won, and he is asked that he's just given up. Laverne tells him that these chains aren't what's holding him back, and he angrily yells at them saying to just leave him alone.
The gargoyles say that they'll leave him alone, and they turn to stone. He finally is able to hears what Frollo is about to do to Esmeralda, and he shouts "Nooooo" trying to break the chains. He breaks the chains that tied him up, and he is free from it. He then swings down and frees Esmeralda from the fire. He fights off the guards, and grabs Esmeralda's body.
He then carry's Esmeralda up to the church roof shouting "Sanctuary". He and everyone fights the guards, while Esmeralda is unconscious.He starts to put Esmeralda's body in a empty bedroom.Then he starts to pull the guards ropes off the edge of the floor that he is on. He and the gargoyles make lava, so Frollo doesn't come in.
After the guards retreat, he then comes to Esmeralda saying "WE'VE DONE IT ESMERALDA, WE'VE BEATEN THEM BACK, COME AND SEE". He says to Esmeralda to wake up, and that she is safe now. He tries to make her drink water, and it doesn't work. He says oh no, and thinks that Esmeralda is dead. He then starts to cry and hug her unconscious body. While he is crying, unknown to him that his master came in the room with a dagger behind his back. He then stops crying, and does not look at his cruel master.He says to his master that "you killed her". Frollo says it was his duty to do it, and wishes for him to forgive him. He then sees the shadowed knife, and block Frollo's attack. Which almost kill his master, but doesn't. He is then seen holding Frollo's knife with an angry look on his face, while breathing heavily. Frollo then asks Quasimodo to listen to him, but he does not listen to his master at all.
Furious because of Frollo's attempt to kill him, Quasimodo yells at him saying "NO YOU LISTEN, ALL MY LIFE YOU TOLD ME THE WORLD IS A DARK CRUEL PLACE. BUT NOW I SEE THE ONLY THING DARK AND CRUEL ABOUT IT ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU". Quasimodo then sees Esmeralda awake, and holds her body. But Frollo now sees Esmeralda alive, and grabs a sword. But Quasimodo says no, and runs out with Esmeralda. He tries to protect Esmeralda from Frollo. He and Esmeralda are found by Frollo from holding on to a gargoyle. Quasimodo then tells Esmeralda to hang on, and he uses his acrobat skills to get away from Frollo. Frollo trys to kill Esmeralda, but Quasimodo pushes her out of the way, which angers Frollo.Frollo, angrily trying to kill Esmeralda, tells Quasimodo that he killed his mother 20 years ago. Quasimodo then tries to avenge his mother, while saving Esmeralda. While he and Frollo are hanging at the top of the bell tower for their life, he struggles to either let Frollo live, or to let Frollo fall into the fire. He becomes unconscious from smelling the smoke fire. Esmeralda tells him to hold on a bit longer, while she is trying to pull him up to safety. Unknown to Quasimodo, that Frollo used the scarf to cling to the last gargoyle. So his cruel master can use his sword to kill Esmeralda.
Frollo climbs up the edge of the platform to kill Esmeralda, but he falls to his death in the fire with the gargoyle that he was standing on. Esmeralda tries to not let Quasimodo fall, and he almost falls into the fire as well. But luckily he is saved by Phoebus. He sees Phoebus after he wakes up from being unconscious. He then hugs Phoebus for saving him, and gets a pat on his back by Phoebus. He and Phoebus see Esmeralda approach them, and Quasimodo gets a hug from Esmeralda. Happy at this, he then decides that Esmeralda belongs with Phoebus, and puts both their hands together. He then leaves so Esmeralda can happily share a moment with Phoebus.Phoebus and Esmeralda kiss, and Quasimodo is happy for them. He then comes out of the bell tower after Phoebus and Esmeralda. But everyone is silent, and he wonders if they will tease him. A little girl approaches him to feel his face, and she sees no difference in him. He is given a hug by the little girl, and she leads him down the steps. Everyone cheers for him and accepts him into society. Quasimodo becomes a hero for defeating Frollo, and the townspeople pick him up, cheering for him. He is last seen waving goodbye while being carried by the townspeople of Paris.
The Gargoyles says yes to him. When he is about to clean La Fidele, Zephyr comes to visit him. He and Zephyr play together until they heard Phoebus and Esmeralda come upstairs. Quasimodo is asked by Zephyr if he will ring the bell for Esmeralda, and Phoebus replies yes in a nice tone that Quasimodo will. He along with Zephyr see Phoebus and Esmeralda kiss. Zephyr seeing this in dislike that his parents do it alot says yuck. Quasi also says yuck, and puts Zephyr down to clean La Fidele. He is asked by Zephyr if anyone at the festival will scream his name. Quasi says that he don't think anyone will. He is asked why not by Zephyr, and he sadly looks at his face. Esmeralda encourages him that it takes more then just looks. Then the circus comes in town, and Zephyr informs everyone about it.Quasi is seen later ringing the bells, and Madellaine calls for him. He nervously hides from her. He doesn't know what to say to her, so he comes out of hiding. He is hiding under a huge bell, and Madellaine laughs telling him it looks like he is wearing a huge hat. They both start to laugh about Madellaine's joke. He is asked by Madellaine if he thinks she is dumb. He says no in whisper, and she asks him he's name. He hides under a curtain, and tells her his name. Madellaine pulls the curtain to see his face, and in shock runs away. He comes out of his hiding spot to paint a wooden doll of Madellaine.
He is then cheer up by Laverne, and sings to her an ordinary miracle. His friends suggest he go to the circus to see Madellaine. He asks Hugo what do people wear at a circus, and Hugo gives him a outfit to wear for the circus. Quasimodo wears a violet purple brown stripe circus outfit to appear at the circus, He asks his friends how does he look, and they say he looks great. He wonder if Madellaine will be at the circus. He sees Madellaine and can't stop looking at her. Phoebus notices this, and he suggest with a smile on his face that he go talk to Madellaine, but Quasi blushes in embarrassment.After the show, Quasi walks around with Zephyr singing I stick with U. But unknown to him and Zephyr that Madellaine was spying on them. He then brings Zephyr to his parents, and Madellaine saw how gentle he is with Zephyr. Madellaine is no longer afraid of his face. Quasi nervously asks Madellaine out on a date, and she accept. He is told by her that her dream is walk on a tie up rope, and he suggests that she can learn from anyone. He then shows Madellaine a bakery, with a delicious souffle. He then shows her a rosemary flower field, with a beautiful smell to it.
Then he shows her his favorite spot of Paris, which shows an amazing view of the city. He and Madellaine then start to run on rooftops. Quasimodo then starts to fall in love with Madellaine, and shows her how to walk on a streamer tie up in the air. While it is raining after dark, they go in his room to dry off.He decides to warm a fire, and they sit down to talk. He then decides to give her the stick doll that looks like her. He smiles at her, and she tells him thank you. A surprise Quasimodo is inform by Madellaine that she'll see him tomorrow. He smiles at this, and is given a kiss on the forehead by Madellaine. after she leaves, the gargoyles are happy for him, and he falls on the floor unconscious. But Hugo thinks that Quasimodo being unconscious would be a bad thing.
The next day, He asks Esmeralda for help. Quasimodo tells Esmeralda that he thinks he's sick, but then happy. He realizes from Esmeralda's advice, that he is in love with Madellaine. His friend Phoebus thinks Madellaine is a thief. Quasi doesn't think so, and is told by Phoebus to look at the facts. Quasi tells Phoebus angrily to find some facts, then he will. He then leaves the tent still mad at Phoebus.Quasi is back at the bell tower sad, but then decides to go look for Madellaine. Before he leaves the bell tower, he decides to bring a flower with him. He unexpectedly sees Madellaine at the front door of the tower. He and Madellaine go to a little bridge to talk. He nervously asks her out to be his date to the Le Jour D'amour. Madellaine tells him no, and he is saddened by the response. Quasimodo then told Madellaine to tell him the truth.
They both hear the bells from the bell tower, and he brings Madellaine back with him. Quasimodo is informed by Phoebus that Sarousch stole La Fidele. Quasimodo then turns to Madelliane, and finds out that she knew the whole plan from the start. Angry at this, he is mad to think that Madellaine loved him. He tells Phoebus that he was right all along, and Madellaine is arrested. Madellaine tells him that she is innocent, and asks him to look at her. Quasimodo doesn't look at her, and closes the door.As he is walking upstairs mad at Madellaine, he starts to cry. He hears Laverne calling him for help. He frees her, Hugo and Victor, then is inform by them that Zephyr went after Sarousch. Quasimodo along with Esmeralda informs Phoebus about Zephyr going after Sarousch. Quasimodo doesn't look at Madellaine in jail, but hears her suggest to bring her with them to look for Sarousch under ground. Everyone agrees on this, and start to leave the prison. Quasimodo and the others go to the court of miracles. They first run into Dajli, and the goat leads them to Sarousch. They find Sarousch, and sees Zephyr capture. He steps in to save Zephyr, but Sarousch said to open the gates or Zephyr will be harm.
Quasimodo then sees the gates open, and is still mad at Madellaine. He is asked from her to forgive her, and to trust her. He tells her that he already made that mistake once. He is inform by Madellaine to trust his heart, and they glare at each other. He then frees Madellaine from the ropes, and they walk out of the court of miracles. He and Madellaine use the walking on rope trick to save Zephyr. He sees in shock that she is about to lose her balance, and he says to her that he believes in her. The trick works, and Zephyr is free from Sarousch. Quasimodo is happy for Madellaine, and sees Zephyr reunited with his parents. He and Madellaine see Sarousch arrested to go off to prison.The next day is the festival, and La Fidele is returned to the bell tower. Quasi rings La Fidele, and every couple screams out their love to everyone. He stops ringing La Fidele, and everyone watches him from down below. He is handed a flower by Madellaine symbolizing their marriage. They heard Zephyr say yuck, and they both say "yeah yuck". Quasi is happy, but his gargoyle friends are sad to see him go. Quasi sees Laverne ask Madellaine if she will take good care of him. He along with Madellaine smile at them, and Madellaine says yes to them. Quasimodo along with Madellaine see the gargoyles mouth break off. He looks at Madellaine, and they kiss. Quasimodo screams out loud "I love Madellaine" for everyone to hear.
Quasimodo also made a cameo appearance at the end of The Lion King 1½. He is shown sitting next to Victor, Hugo and Laverne after Stitch was shown laughing at Donald Duck, who is angry at Stitch for jumping on his head.
In Descendants, Quasimodo appears as one of the heroes to have images in the Cathedral.
TV Show Appearances
Quasimodo makes several cameos as a guest on House of Mouse. In the episode "Jiminy Cricket", Quasimodo was used as a reference for Jiminy's quote "Maybe you'll find love, maybe you won't" poking fun at the fact that Quasimodo did not get Esmeralda at the end of the 1996 film. In the episode "Ask Von Drake", Quasimodo is seen clapping his hands while he watches Esmeralda dance on a table that he is sitting at. In the episode "House of Scrooge", Quasimodo's face is still deformed when you see him up close in the audience. In the episode, Goofy For A Day, it's reveal that Goofy named a food after Quasimodo, and it is call "Baby Hunchback ribs". He usually sits with the Evil Queen when she is in her Old Hag form. Quasimodo is seen in the episodes Goofy For A Day, Ask Von Drake, Dining Goofy, Goofy's Magic Menu, Jiminy Cricket, House of Scrooge and Max's Embrassing Date. He is sometimes seen in the background by Goofy and Mickey respectively.
Esmeralda TV Series
Quasimodo will appear in the upcoming series Esmeralda. The show will take place from the first animated film. The show will focus on him, but shown from Esmeralda's point of view.
Songs Sung By Quasimodo
- Stay in Here
- Out There
- Heaven's Light
- Heaven's Light (Reprise)
- Le Jour D'Amour
- An Ordinary Miracle
- I'd Stick With You
Kingdom of Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Much like the film, Quasimodo is forced to remain inside Notre Dame's bell tower, under the order of his master Judge Claude Frollo. Quasimodo first met Riku when he entered Notre Dame for answers about Frollo. Having been informed by Frollo himself that he carried out business on the outskirts of the city, Quasi informed Riku where his master is and that the Archdeacon is away. Riku questioned him as to why doesn't go outside and Quasimodo explained that it's because of his hideous appearance. However, Riku encouraged him to find true friends who see him for who he is and to follow his heart.
During the Festival of Fools, Quasimodo snuck out and ended up taking part in the festival by being crowned King of Fools. Quasimodo dresses up in robes and a crown and rides on the back of a Zolephant while surrounded by Dream Eaters. Sora arrives on the scene and warns him of the danger he is in, but he refuses to get off the Zolephant. The Nightmares suddenly turn violent and throw Quasimodo off, frightening him. Esmeralda appears and leads Quasimodo to safety within the cathedral as Sora fights off the Nightmares.
Quasimodo, who had recovered from the incident in the square, later showed Esmeralda around the bell tower. After realizing that Frollo was plotting to kill her due to her ethnicity, Quasimodo offered her sanctuary and protection within Notre Dame. She declined but gave him a band with the hidden location of the Court of Miracles, a safe haven for hunted gypsies like her. They soon get separated midst the congested city streets.
When he heard from Sora and Phoebus that Frollo discovered the Court of Miracles and was going to attack, he used the band to lead Sora and Phoebus to the court in an attempt to warn the gypsies. Phoebus orders Esmeralda to take what she can with her and leave. However, it turned out that Frollo tricked them and only pretended to know the court's location so that he could follow Quasimodo there. Frollo reached the court with an army of Nightmares, and takes Esmeralda to the square for a "bonfire" despite Quasimodo's pleas.
Some time later, during the execution, Quasimodo swings down from the balcony to save an unconscious Esmeralda from being burned at the stake and offers to help Riku fight the Wargoyle. Riku declines his offer and tells him to look after Esmeralda instead. He then realized what Riku was talking about along, and nodded happily for realizing it. Quasimodo then took her to sanctuary within the Notre Dame Cathedral to protect her from Frollo. While protecting Esmeralda from Frollo on the balcony of Notre Dame. He learned that his mother had died while protecting him rather than abandoning him as Frollo said. Both of them fall off the balcony but Quasimodo is saved by the timely arrival of Phoebus, who he thanks by happily hugging him. In the aftermath, he then blesses the relationship of his two friends and is encouraged by Sora to go out and make more friends. Quasimodo agrees, having learned that the real walls were the ones he built around his heart, and no longer fears rejection by society. Following the defeat of the Wargoyle, while outside of the Norte Dame Cathedral, Quasimodo also thanks Riku for his advice and is now content about venturing into the outside world.
- "Good morning. Will today be the the day? Are you ready to fly?"
- "You sure? Good day to try!"
- "Why If-if I ever picked a day to fly, this would be it. The Festival of Fools."
- "It'll be fun, with jugglers--and music and dancing..."
- "Go on. Nobody wants to cooped up here forever."
- "Yeah, watching."
- "I...I just don't feel like watching the festival, that's all."
- "Sure, but I wouldn't fit in out there. I'm not...normal"
- "Thanks for the encouragement but you've all forgotten one important fact...my master Frollo"
- "If I get caught"
- "You're right! I'll go! I'll get cleaned up, I'll stroll down those stairs, march THROUGH the doors, and-"
- "G-good morning master."
- "My friends"
- "No it can't"
- "Yes master I would like that very much"
- "Eternal damnation"
- "It's just that you go every year"
- "I sorry sir"
- Singing"I am deformed"
- Singing "and I am ugly"
- Singing "you are my one defender"
- Singing "I am a monster"
- Singing "only a monster"
- Singing "I'm grateful"
- Singing "I'm fateful"
- Singing "I'll stay in here"
- "You are good to me master I'm sorry"
- Singing "just one day then i swear that then i'll be content with my share"
- Singing "I won't care I'll have spent one day out thereeeeeeeeee"
- "I didn't mean to, I'm...I'm sorry."
- "no no no"
- "I will"
- "Master Master please help me"
- "I'm sorry master I'll never disobey up again"
- "Yes well I have chores to do It was nice seeing you again"
- "This is where I live"
- "Most of them"
- "But your a wonderful dancer"
- "Oh no please I'm still not finish yet I I I should have to paint them"
- "Well it's not just me there's the gargoyles and of course the bells"
- "Follow me I'll introuduce you"
- "Big Merie"
- "She likes you"
- "Good I last the best for last"
- "Oh Yes You have Sanctuary"
- "But your not like other gysies there ..evil"
- "My master Frollo he raise me"
- "cruel oh no he save my life he took me in when no one else would .. I am a monster you know"
- "Look at me"
- "Oh no you are kind and good and and"
- "You've helped me, now I will help you."
- "We won't use a door."
- "Sure, You carry him while I carry you."
- "The trick is not to look down!"
- "Thankyou whooooo"
- "I'll never forget you, Esmeralda."
- "Oh no, I'm never going back out there again; you saw what happened today. No, This is where I belong."
- "But the guards and Frollo"
- "Whatever's good for you!"
- "Hurry you must go"
- "No soliders! Sanctuary! Get out!"
- "If you go--now!"
- "Lover boy no no"
- "I apperciate what your all trying to do but let's not fool ourseleves"
- "Beside ulgyest face in paris remember besides I don't think I'm her type"
- Singing "So many times out there I watch a happy pair of lovers walking in the night'
- Singing "I knew I never know that warm and love glow thought I might wish with all my might no face as hideous as my face was ever meant for Heaven's Light"
- Singing "But suddenly an angel as smile at me and kiss my cheek without a traits of fite, I did to dream that she might even care for me and as I ring these bells tonight"
- Singing "My cold dark tower seems so bright I swear It must be heaven's lightttttt"
- "Any sign of her?"
- "No, he's right. What are we gonna do?"
- "Do you really think so?"
- "What makes you so sure?"
- "Esmeralda! You're all right! I knew you'd come back!"
- Singing "I knew I never know that warm, and loving glow thought I might wish with all my might, no face as hideous as my face was ever meant for Heaven's Light."
- "Frollo's coming. You must leave. Quick, follow me. Go down the South Tower steps."
- "I promise"
- "Oh...oh, master, I-I-I-I-I didn't think that you would be coming."
- "This very good. Thank you. hmmm."
- "But I"
- "She was kind to me, master."
- "What do you mean?"
- "I can't."
- "Frollo's my master; I can't disobey him again."
- "What? What am I supposed to do? Go out there and rescue the girl from the--from the jaws of death and the whole town'll cheer like I'm some kind of hero?! She always her knight-in-shining-armor, and it's NOT me!"
- "Frollo was right. Frollo was right about everything, but I'm tired of trying to be something that I'm not."
- "I must be out of my mind."
- "I'm coming with you"
- "I not doing it for you I'm doing it for her"
- "No but she said that this will help us find her"
- "When you where this band you hold the city in your hand"
- "It's amap see here's the Catheral and this symbol over here must mean-"
- "Look I'VE lived up in the bell tower for 20 years, and I think I know what the city looks like from above, and this is it!"
- "Well Ok"
- "What does mean"
- "not me i just wanna warn Esmeralda and get back to the bell tower before i get into anymore trouble"
- "You got to listen to-"
- mumbling "call Esmeralda"
- "we did say so"
- "no please master no no"
- "It's all my fault"
- "I can't I try what difference would it make?"
- "He already has"
- "leave me alone"
- "Santucary Santucary Santucary"
- "Don't worry your'll be safe here"
- "We done it Esmeralda we beaten them back come and see"
- "Esmerlada wake up your safe now Esmerlada oh no"
- "You kill her"
- "NO YOU LISTEN! ALL MY LIFE YOU'VE TOLD ME THAT THE WORLD IS A DARK CRUEL PLACE. BUT NOW I SEE THAT THE ONLY THING DARK AND CRUEL ABOUT IT ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU"!
- "Hang on"
- After finding out what really happen to his mother - "What"
- last line after a little girl touches his face "gasps"
- Singing "oh how the stars will sparkles on the water while the troubadours sing tales of true romance"
- "Yeah yuck"
- "no one I guess"
- "I don't anyone ever will Zephyr"
- "Someday nah what could possibly change"
- "I can't What should I say aah aah"
- "No what's so funny?'
- "No I never actually looked at it that way before hehe"
- "A cha-peau in C-sharp!"
- "No not all"
- "That just mean you have Imagination.. I do "
- "No you say the way she look at me. Do you believe in miracles...oh just Ordinary miracles"
- "Well I see couples all the time and well just maybe someone can love me"
- Singing "Imagine someone who loves who loves you. Imagine to look in her eyes and see"
- "You right I'm off to the Circus oh but what am I gonna wear."
- "Well how do I look?"
- "Um too much"
- "I don't know but I'm sure she'll be out soon"
- "What are you doing?"
- "Wha-, she's not my...who said she was my...that's-"
- "That will never happen. I'll always be here for you"
- "and we always will be always"
- Singing "through all the thin and thick closer than frick and fick we do will do the trick I stick with you"
- Singing "fast as the clock can tick I be there just as quick no one a rather pick I Stick with you"
- "Madellaine hi I-I-I didn't see you there"
- "Hey you were great out there"
- "You have to make the audience look when their suppose to, not give away the trick"
- "Oh I don't believe that You can do anything"
- "Paris is really beautiful and maybe you haven't see it already and then again maybe you have. Then maybe we I mean maybe I can show you".
- "No no no taste It"
- "No smell it"
- "It's rose merry come on"
- "This is one of my favorite spots in all of Paris"
- "Close your eyes and listen to Paris"
- You can dry off in here"
- "Yes you are"
- "Oh that's Le Fidele yes Le Fidele That's her name the faithful one but she's even more beautiful on the inside. here I'll show you"
- "You should get warm. here put this on"
- "I do"
- "I know I'm not that much to look at"
- "You really think so?"
- "I made this for you. now you can always see yourself through my eyes"
- "Esmeralda I need your help"
- "I don't know I think I'm sick. but then really wonderful. I can't eat I can't sleep"
- "Yes yes Exactly"
- "Oh what do I do?"
- "Madellaine's different"
- "You don't think that's she interested in me just for me?"
- "Find some then I will'
- "Madellaine you know the festival is tomorrow and I was wondering if you and can go you know together?"
- "Madellaine tell me the truth"
- "Did you know about this?"
- "You use me"
- "WHICH ONE'S LA FIDELE, LET'S GO FOR A WALK, YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT ME"
- "You were right"
- "One at a time"
- "Phoebus Zephyr went after Sarousch"
- "Why so you cane go and escape with Sarousch?"
- "How can I? I already made that mistake before"
- "Just ordinary miracles besides they happen everyday"
- "Yeah yuck"
- (Last Line) "I love Madellaine!"
Even though he was an infant, and had no full memory of her. Quasimodo's Mother was a gypsy, who tried to enter the city of Notre Dame with his father and fellow other gypsies. She tries to calm him down from crying, but they are discovered by Frollo and his soldiers. She manages to escape with her son. While holding her son she is chased throughout the city. She then reaches the cathedral of Notre Dame, pounds on the door to try and claim sanctuary, but no one answers. She starts to run again when she sees that Frollo is catching up to her. Once Frollo takes what she was carrying, she tries to get her son back, but Frollo kicks her down with a steel boot into the stone steps of Notre Dame, killing her. While not even knowing what happen while he was apparently asleep, he starts to cry again. Thankfully, the Archdeacon arrives just in time, and makes Frollo adopt Quasimodo since his mother was an innocent woman who die risking her life to protect her deform infant son. The Archdeacon then takes his mother's body away, and gives a proper respectful burial for her, showing that she loved her son despite his deformity.
20 years later, Quasimodo has grown up believing that she abandoned him for his deformity. During the climax of the film, Frollo reveals the truth about her to Quasimodo which shocks him, since the judge sees similarities between mother and son when Quasimodo shows efforts to save Esmeralda. Even though this is revealed to him, Quasimodo refuses to drop Frollo to his death when given the opportunity. Nevertheless, Frollo ultimately dies. From that moment on, Quasimodo starts to have a great deal of respect for his late mother.
Even though Quasimodo has no full memory of his father. Quasimodo's Father really did cared about him, despite his deformity. He also showed that he risked his own life to make sure that he, and his wife were safe.
Quasimodo is the first person to teach The Baby Bird not to be afraid of him, despite his deformity. Quasimodo taught him how to fly, and was very happy to teach him the ability. Once the baby bird master the ability, Quasimodo encourage to go with his species, since nobody wants to be cooped up here forever. Quasimodo never the less watched happily as the little bird was with it's own kind. Oddly enough, the little bird left on the day that Quasimodo would become the 20th King of Fools, during the Festival of Fools.
Laverne has been a good friend to him, ever since his painful past of not leaving the bell tower.She shows him courage, and faith to find his own path. She is also a mother figure to him, and he usually tell her all of his problems.
Hugo has been a good friend to him, and is the comedic gargoyle that convince him to sneak out of the bell tower to attend the F.O.F. He shows love, and compassion to him. He dislikes seeing him give up on saving his friends. He even accepts that Madellaine is his wife, and true love.
Victor is a good friend to him, and likes to protect him at any cost. He shows courage to him, and knows that he will get accepted into society. He was sad to see him get torment at the festival of fools. He was shock to see him give up on saving his friends. But he helped him save Esmeralda, and watches happily as he gets accepted into society as a hero.Esmeralda is a good friend to him, and was his first love. She stood up for him at the festival of fools, and he help her escape the cathedral. She shows a strong friendship with him. He was heartbroken when he found out that she loved Phoebus. But he accepted that she belongs with Phoebus, and not him. In the sequel, it is shown that he goes to her for advice, and to tell her about his problems.
Phoebus was his enemy at first. He cares about Esmeralda, and has feelings for her as well. He knew that Quasimodo did have feelings for her as well. He helped him find Esmeralda at the court of miracles. After Frollo falls into the fire below from the Notre Dame Cathedral, Quasimodo falls as well. Phoebus also saved him from falling into the fire, and Quasimodo hugs him for saving him. He then sees that Phoebus belongs with Esmeralda. He then accepts Phoebus as a friend.Zephyr is his best friend. He cares about him a lot, and shows a strong friendship. He loves to hang out, and play with him. He is shown to always be there for him, and will do anything to protect him. In the sequel, we see that they sing a song that symbolizes their friendships. He even went to find Zephyr after he went after Sarousch, and was about to rescue him. But Sarousch told them not to or he will be harm. He even notices that he has a dream of ringing bells, just like him. It may be possible that Zephyr was inspire by Quasimodo to ring Le Fidele, since he is the bell ringer of Notre Dame. It's really unknown how he met him; though is possibly implied that he met Zephyr when he was born.
Djali is Esmeralda's goat, and a good friend to him. He usually warns him when trouble comes to the bell tower. He shows a strong friendship with him. In the sequel, we see that he likes to be around him when his friends come to visit him.Madellaine is his wife, and true love. At first he was afraid to talk to her, because he didn't want her to see his face. They talked for awhile, and she ran away from seeing his face. They met again at the circus, and she sees him being gentle to Zephyr. He shows her around Paris, and he falls in love with her. He confess his feelings to Esmeralda about her, and she tells him to tell Madellaine. He asks her out to Le Jour D'amour, and she says no. He ask her to tell him the truth. He found that Le Fidele was stolen, and her doesn't trust her again. She gets arrested, and he doesn't look at her. He is asked by her to trust her again to save Zephyr, and he says he doesn't want to make the same mistake again. Eventually he trusts her again after he sees that she is not like Frollo, and they both save Zephyr from Sarousch. At the festival, he confesses his love to her. Now finally he is married to her.
Clopin is a trusted friend to him. He knows more about his past than anyone else. He is shown to do puppet shows with him in the sequel. He is shown to be trusted by him for Esmeralda and the other gypsies. He was almost killed by him for thinking he was Frollo's spy, but he was saved by Esmeralda just in time. In the sequel, we see that he and Clopin do a puppet show in the song Le Jour D'amour.
The Archdeacon is the Notre Dame cathedral leader, and the reason to let Quasimodo live. He was about to be kill by Frollo when he as just an infant, but was stopped by the Archdeacon to raise him as his own for killing his mother. Though he originally saved Quasimodo's life, the two were never seen together.
When Quasimodo came out of the Cathedral after Frollo's defeat, he thought that everyone would tease him again. But suddenly a girl approached him, and touched his face much to his shock. She then hugged him much to his surprise. Quasimodo was happy that just like Esmeralda, and Phoebus that the little girl was the third person that wasn't afraid of him, despite his deformity.
RikuJudge Claude Frollo was his former master and former foster father. Quasimodo was raised by him as a baby after Frollo killed his parents. Quasimodo was taught to be a bell ringer, and to live in the bell tower of Notre Dame. Frollo hated him, but showed no fear of looking at his face. Frollo taught him that gypsies were evil. But Quasimodo went against his master's orders to attend the festival of fools, and was not getting help while he was being tormented. Quasimodo is shown to care about his master a lot, but when he saw that his master wanted to kill Esmeralda. Quasimodo hated him for doing this, and saw for himself that Frollo was almost about to kill him. On the balcony scene, Quasimodo had a difficult choice to make, to either save his ex master or let him die. His ex- master fell to his death. Quasimodo showed no emotions when Frollo fell to his death.
Sarousch is an enemy to him, Quasimodo only met him once when he saw Zephyr being a hostage for him. He was about to save Zephyr, but the circus thief told him not to, or Zephyr will be harm. He saved Zephyr with Madellaine's help, and watched Sarousch be sent to prison.
- Quasimodo's Mother (Mother/dead)
- Quasimodo's Father (Father/dead)
- Judge Claude Frollo (Former Foster Father/dead)
- Madellaine (Wife)
- Phoebus (Friend & ally)
- Esmeralda (Friend & ally)
- Djali (Friend & ally)
- Zephyr (Best Friend)
- Uzumaki Naruto (True Counterpart)
- Ariel (Partnal Counterpart)
- Quasimodo is Romani, as his mother and father were gypsies. However, he does not share his parents' or generally all of the movie's other Gypsies', dark skin tone or their black hair. Though this can be explained as a combination of his natural deformity and living in a tower all his life. Thus with very little sunlight, this is actually a consequence of a dropped plotline from the book, where Quasimodo was revealed to have actually been kidnapped as an infant by his Gypsy parents.
- Clopin claims his name means 'half-formed'. Though the word does mean that, this is not why he was named so in the original novel; "Quasimodo" is the Italian name of the holiday (following Easter) on which he was abandoned on the steps of Notre Dame.
- Quasimodo was Tom Hulce's last role before his retirement from films.
- Quasimodo wears Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's wig in the song A Guy Like You. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, is another character that is played by Quasimodo's voice actor, Tom Hulce.
- Quasimodo makes full appearances in all the songs from the first film, except for "Hell Fire". Quasimodo also appears in all of the songs from the sequel.
- Quasimodo is the third Disney male character to have one male voice actor do (his speaking and singing voice) in both Disney films. The first is the Beast from Beauty and the Beast. The second is John Smith from Pocahontas.
- Quasimodo is the second hero who does not end up in a romantic relationship with the female character at the end of his film, John Smith is the first.
- Quasimodo was the first person to stand up for Madellaine, after Phoebus accused her, and the circus of robbery. Similar to how Esmeralda standed up for him at the festival of Fool, and accused Frollo of not helping Quasimodo when he was being humiliated by the townspeople.
- During an unseen fully animated deleted scene shown by Toon Disney for the commerical promo of the first film, it shows Quasimodo and the townspeople celebrating Frollo's defeat at night time outside of the Notre Dame cathedral.
- During the making of the first film, Quasimodo has red hair, and to match an actor's appearance to his hair. It was Tom Hulce who also has the same color hair back then during the 1990's.
- Despite the fact that his eyes are green in the original film, for some reason in The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2, and KH 3: Dream Drop Distance (La Cite Des Cloches), Quasimodo's eyes are blue.
- Quasimodo is 20 years old, judging by his argument with Phoebus and Frollo's remark at the climax. Although his age is not mentioned in the sequel, Quasimodo is 26 - 27 years old.
- Quasimodo is the fourth human main character with red hair, with the first being Peter Pan, the second being Taran, the third being Ariel, the fourth being Hercules, and the fifth being Merida.
- Quasimodo is the second human main character to have red hair and green eyes, with Taran being the first.
- He is the only Disney character to have a physical deformity.
- He is also the third Disney character to be raised by the main villain. The first was Snow White, while the second was Cinderella and with Rapunzel being the fourth.
- Quasimodo was the first new Disney character featured in promotional pictures and footage of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.
- The filmmakers briefly considered having Quasimodo killed off, since that is his fate in the original novel. He was originally supposed to be stabbed by Frollo, then Esmeralda regains consciousness and tries to save him by killing Frollo. Phoebus was then supposed to meet up with them, and Quasimodo's last wish was to ring the bells one last time. They take him to the bells, then Esmeralda and Phoebus help him ring the bells as he dies. The final shot was going to include Esmeralda and Phoebus crying over their best friend as the people of Paris cheer for their success, unaware of Quasimodo's death. Luckily; this is not the ending that was used, because even hardcore fans of the novel agree that the ending they used instead was a more suitable conclusion.
Quasimodo is very similar to Rapunzel from Tangled.
- Both were kidnapped in the original story, and never knew their origins.
- Both never knew if their name was giving to them by their birth parents or their foster parent.
- Both are not allowed to leave their homes due to their guardians' wishes.
- Both always wonder why they couldn't go outside, and always begged to go.
- Both later sneak out of their homes without their guardians knowing.
- Both were seen as a child. (For Quasimodo : being shadowed. Whereas Rapunzel was shown as a child)
- Both had a friend to talk to. (For Quasimodo : gargoyles. Whereas for Rapunzel : a cricket)
- Both meet and fall in love with an outcast. (For Quasimodo : Esmeralda and later Madellaine. Whereas for Rapunzel : Flynn)
- Both also have artistic talents. (For Quasimodo : wood carving, and model making. Whereas for Rapunzel : drawing and painting)
- Both dream of being free to get out, and interact with society.
- Finally, both confront their guardians after learning the truth.
- Both were finally free to see society, and it's people.
Quasimodo is also similar to Dumbo from the 1941 film with the same name.
- Both are judged by others for their looks (For Quasimodo : his deform appearance. Whereas for Dumbo : his big ears)
- Both also meet a new best friend who befriends, and helps them. (For Quasimodo : Esmeralda. Whereas for Dumbo : Timothy Mouse)
- Both eventually turn the taunts into cheers by becoming heroes. (For Quasimodo : by defeating Frollo. Whereas for Dumbo : by using his big ears to fly).
- Both get accepted into society.
Quasimodo is also similar to Cinderella from the 1950 film with the same name.
- Both are mistreated and abused by their parent-figures (For Quasimodo : Frollo. Whereas for Cinderella : Lady Tremaine)
- Both also dream of something better for them.
- Both are teased by the way they look. (For Quasimodo : being deform. Whereas for Cinderella : being beautiful)
Quasimodo also has similarities with Ariel from the Little Mermaid.
- Both have red hair, and dream of interacting into society.
- Both are the main characters.
- Both have a mischievous, and curious personality that gets them into trouble.
- Both usually disobey their owners rules, and sneak out to see the world.
- Both usually get scolded by their fathers, and show fear when they get scolded.
- Both dream of leaving their home to see the world. (For Quasimodo : the bell tower. Whereas for Ariel : the ocean)
- Both rescue the one person that they truly care about from someone that is evil. (For Quasimodo : rescuing Esmeralda from Frollo. Whereas for Ariel : Being rescue by Prince Eric from Ursula)
- Both strike a deal with someone to be with the person they care about. (For Quasimodo : working with Phoebus to find Esmeralda. Whereas for Ariel : becoming a human for 3 days after her voice is taken away, so she can spend time with Prince Eric) The only difference is that Quasimodo's deal is successful, while Ariel's deal is unsuccessful. The reason why Ariel's deal is unsuccessful is because she gets her voice back, but turns back into a mermaid after the sun set disappears.
- Both have a best friend that they have knew since their Childhood. (For Quasimodo : The gargoyles. Whereas for Ariel : Flounder)
- Both have one theme song in their debut. (For Quasimodo : Out There. Whereas for Ariel : Part of Your World)
- Both get accepted into society after they defeat someone that was evil. (For Quasimodo : defeating Frollo. Whereas for Ariel : defeating Ursula)
- Both appear in the sequel, and have aged a bit. (For Quasimodo : being at the age of 26 or 27. Whereas for Ariel : being at the age of 29)
- Both are disliked by the main villain for the way they look. (For Quasimodo : being deform. Whereas for Ariel : being Beautiful)
- Both of their mothers are shown being killed before the series start. The only difference is that Quasimodo's mother gets kill onscreen when he was just an infant. Whereas Ariel's mother get's kill off-screen when Ariel was only 5 years old.
Quasimodo even has some similarities with the Beast from Beauty & the Beast.
Quasimodo has many similarities with Hercules from the film with the same name.
Quasimodo has a little bit of similarities with Jenny XJ9 from My Life as a Teenage Robot.
Quasimodo also has many similarities with Uzumaki Naruto from Naruto Shippuuden/Naruto.
- Both are the main characters.
- Both are orphans, and lived alone their own life.
- Both strike to be acknowledge and to be accepted into society.
- Both believed that their parents abandoned them. (For Quasimodo : he believed that his parents hated him because of his deformity, and have abandoned him because his whole appearance was deformed. Whereas for Naruto : he believed that no one knew who his parents were because they were legendary heroes, and that they die while stopping Kurama from destroying Konoha)
- Ironically both were unaware that their mother cared about them. (For Quasimodo : his mother wanted him to be a part of society despite the fact that he was deformed. Whereas for Naruto : Kushina wanted him to have a happy life as a jinchuriki, even though he had whisker marks on his face)
- Both are seen as an infant. (For Quasimodo : having his face cover. Whereas for Naruto : having his face fully shown)
- Both were held by one of their parents. (For Quasimodo : his mother. Whereas for Naruto : his father)
- Both have the same personality. (Both : kind, mature, imaginative, energetic, and aggressive)
- Both of their parents died after they were born. (For Quasimodo : his parents died by protecting him from Frollo and the French government. Whereas for Naruto : his parents died by protecting him from Obito and Kurama)
- Both are raised by someone after their parents' death. (For Quasimodo : Frollo. Whereas for Naruto : The Third Hokage) The only difference is that the archdeacon force Frollo to raise Quasimodo, because his mother was an innocent woman. Whereas Naruto's mother begged the third hokage to raise Naruto.
- Both were ostracized by the townspeople that hated them. (For Quasimodo : Being Deformed, and the Deformed Bell Ringer of Notre Dame. Whereas for Naruto : being an orphan, and the Jinchuriki of Kurama, the Nine Tail Demon Fox)
- Both looked up to someone as their true guardian. (For Quasimodo : The Gargoyles. Whereas for Naruto : Iruka)
- Both looked up to someone since their childhood, and was too naive to see that they were evil. (For Quasimodo : Judge Claude Frollo. Whereas for Naruto : Sasuke) The only difference is that Quasimodo lets Frollo remain evil, and tries not to let Frollo fall from his death but fails. Whereas Naruto changes Sasuke back from bad to good.
- Both were call by various nicknames before they were accepted into society. (For Quasimodo : Bell Ringer, Hunchback, and monster. Whereas for Naruto : loser, monster, and failure)
- Both were humiliated by the townspeople that originally hated them at first. (For Quasimodo : when the townspeople learn that his face isn't a mask. Therefore he gets tie up on stage against his own will. Then everyone throws tomatoes and eggs at him when he become the King of Fools at the 20th festival of fools. Whereas for Naruto : when the villagers stare at him with angry glares. Also when he would be thrown out shops. Including when older kids beat him up for being weak)
- Both usually get scolded by someone. (For Quasimodo : Judge Claude Frollo. Whereas for Naruto : Iruka) The only difference is that Quasimodo would get an angry glare from Frollo. Whereas Naruto would get yell at by Iruka.
- Both are good at something. (For Quasimodo : being a acrobat. Whereas for Naruto : Pulling Pranks)
- Both found kind friends that believe in them. (For Quasimodo : Esmeralda and Phoebus. Whereas for Naruto : Iruka and Hinata)
- Both have two best friends. (For Quasimodo : Esmeralda and Phoebus. Whereas for Naruto : Sasuke and Gaara)
- Both saw someone as a rival, and are stronger than him. (For Quasimodo : he saw Phoebus as a rival because he was Frollo's henchmen and because he liked Esmeralda. Whereas for Naruto : he saw Sasuke as a rival because he was a prodigy and because Sakura has a crush on him)
- Ironically both are forced to work with him, and they becomes friends. (For Quasimodo : he teams up with Phoebus to find the court of miracles so they can protect Esmeralda from Frollo. Whereas for Naruto : Naruto teams up with Sasuke to protect Sakura from Kaguya)
- Both were used as tool by someone for their own personal gain. (For Quasimodo : he was used by Frollo to led him to the court of miracles so he can arrest Esmeralda and the gypsies. Whereas for Naruto : he was used by Mizuki to steal the Scroll of Seals so he can have the scroll for himself)
- Both were guilt-ridden after learning that some people truly hate them. (For Quasimodo : he believes that Frollo truly wants to kil the gypsies. Whereas for Naruto : he believes that Iruka hates him)
- However both were brought out of their guilt-ridden when they see someone about to be kill alive. (For Quasimodo : he sees Frollo about to kill Esmeralda by having her burn at stake. Whereas for Naruto : he sees Mizuki about to kill Iruka with a Fuma shuriken)
- Both can break free from something that is used to restrain them. (For Quasimodo : chains. Whereas for Naruto : ropes)
- Both risked their own life to protect someone. (For Quasimodo : Esmeralda. Whereas for Naruto : Iruka)
- Both rescued someone from being kidnapped and kill. (For Quasimodo : he rescues Esmeralda from Frollo. Whereas for Naruto : he rescues Hinata from Toneri)
- Both are held as a hero. (For Quasimodo : defeating Judge Claude Frollo. Whereas for Naruto : defeating Pain)
- Both learn about their mother's death. (For Quasimodo : he learns that Frollo killed his mother. Whereas for Naruto : he learns that Kurama killed Kushina) The only difference is that Frollo angrily tells Quasimodo that he killed his mother. Whereas Kushina tells Naruto that Kurama killed her.
- Both have a love interest that is in love with them and ends up marrying them when they reach adulthood. (For Quasimodo : he met Madellaine at the age of 26, and marries her at the age of 27. Whereas for Naruto : he met Hinata at the age of 4, and marries her at the age of 20)
- Both try not to act nervous or uncool when they are around someone. (For Quasimodo : Madellaine. Whereas for Naruto : Hinata)
- Both have someone that sees them as a road model. (For Quasimodo : Zephyr. Whereas for Naruto : Konohamaru)
- Both confessed their love to their true love. (For Quasimodo : he confessed his love to Madellaine after sharing their first kiss. Whereas for Naruto : he confessed his love to Hinata by telling her that he wants to spend the rest of his life with her)
- Both try to figure out what path they should be on. In which they find goals that they achieve in the end. (For Quasimodo : becomes a hero, and gets accepted into society. Whereas for Naruto : being acknowledged, and he becomes the Seventh Hokage)
- Japanese : Kanji Ishimaru (original film), Sosuke Komori (sequel & video games)
- English : Tom Hulce (both films/1996 storybook), Ari Rubin (KHDDD Video Game)
all information on Quasimodo came from http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Quasimodo