BackgroundHer husband died shortly after Inari's birth, and when Kaiza entered her life as a father figure for Inari, she couldn't help but invite him into her home. Like everyone else in the city, Kaiza's death broke her spirit. In the following years, she tried to protect Inari from the painful memories of the loss of his stepfather.
She has been described as obliging. She also loves "prettiness".
Naruto (Part I)
Land of Waves arc
Tsunami is a woman of strong will; when she is taken hostage by Gato's men to threaten Inari, she threatens to commit suicide so that Inari doesn't need to worry about her. Before she is placed in a position that would force her to go through with her threat, Uzumaki Naruto saves her and Inari. She thanks Team Kakashi for helping the citizen in the Land of Wave defeat Gato, and his men. She then sees Team Kakashi depart back to Konoha. She agress with her father, that naming the bridge after Uzumaki Naruto is perfect.
Naruto Shippuuden (Part II)
Konoha History arcTsunami was only seen making dinner in the kitchen, while wondering where Inari was because it was about to be time to eat dinner.
- Tsunami (津波) literally translates to "harbour wave".
- Tsunami & Inari make a brief cameo appearance in Naruto episode 161.
- In the English version, Tsunami does not threaten to commit suicide, but instead she tells Gato's men that she will do "whatever they ask of her" because they are threatening Inari.
According to the databook(s):
- Her birthday is May 4, & her bloodtype is A.
- Her hobbies are making western-style clothing, & gardening.
- She is named after the legendary Wave of the same name.
- Japanese : Misa Watanabe
- English : Cindy Robinson (Part l), Laura Bailey (Part ll), Colleen O'Shaughnessey (Naruto Ulimate Ninja)
all information on Tsunami is from http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Tsunami