BackgroundHimawari is the second and youngest child of Uzumaki Naruto, and Hyuga Hinata. Being born when her older brother, Uzumaki Boruto is at the age of two. On one peaceful morning during the winter time, while she is three years old. She and her older brother, came running out to embrace their father while he was training outside. But she and her brother were scolded by their mother who told them not to play outside barefooted. After which, they started a snowball fight, along with their mother joining in.
During her childhood, on the morning of Naruto's inauguration as the Seventh Hokage, Hinata asked her two children to wake their father up. While Himawari was unable to do so, Boruto proceeded to yell and jump on their father, effectively waking him up. While getting ready to go out, Himawari and Boruto got into an argument over her bringing her stuffed panda toy to the ceremony, which resulted for them to have a tug a war by pulling the toy. While pulling the toy, Boruto told Himawari that her toy was embrassing to him. However Himawari told her brother that her toy isn't embrassing but cute. As she and her brother kept pulling the toy, this escalated the toy to be ripped in half and made Himawari fell to the ground. While laying on the ground, she held the head of her stuff panda. However Boruto apologized to her while blaming it on her as well, by saying that it's her fault for ripping it the hardest.
But Himawari got so angry at Boruto, that she finally awakened her Byakugan for first time, and began attacking him. (In the OVA, the veins under her eyes are shown in close up form) Naruto quickly rushed in to see what all the commotion was about, and tried to calm Himawari down after seeing her with the Byakugan. However she refused to listen, she then intended to strike Boruto's charka points. But when Naruto stood in front of Boruto, Himawari knocked her father out by hitting his charka points in a single strike instead. (In the OVA, Himawari knocks Naruto out before he can calm her down)
After her father went unconscious, Himawari then used her Byakugan to locate her brother who was hiding from her in a closet. After finding her older brother, she wonder if he was playing hide and seek with her, which resulted for her to have a demonic expression on her face. (In the OVA, she has a homicidal look on her face, and in her eyes) Later on after her father woke up, Himawari happily ran to her father who was shaking in fear. Then she takes a picture with her family. That night she slept with Boruto on a chair with her refixed stuff panda.
Soon after her brother enrolled at the Ninja Academy, Himawari started to hang out with her mother since she is too young to enter the Ninja Academy. It is also during this time that she learns about her late uncle, Hyuga Neji.
Himawari is a cheerful and kind-hearted individual, she likes cute things such as her stuff panda. She is also considerate and curious. This was shown when she asked her mother if her late uncle Neji would like the sunflowers she brought for him. Including many years later by finding her father's old jacket, and even wondering if her father really wore it when he was young. To which she asked her mother (on-screen but muted) about it when she found it.
She also cares about her older brother, and likes to refer things the other way around. She even calls Boruto "Big Brother". In the English version of the Boruto manga, she calls him Big Bro. Even to the point where she is always excited when he returns home, and hopes to play with him whenever possible. Unlike her older brother, Himawari is very mature for her young age. Enjoying whatever little time she had with her father, whenever he was not doing anything. Along with helping her mother out with the housework. Himawari is quite patient, supportive, and understanding with her often-absent father and his Hokage duties. But Himawari, just like her mother yearns for him to be home. She also enjoys hearing stories about her father. Once Naruto does finally come home permanently, due to him having a lessen working schedule. Himawari is shown being very happy that her strained family is back together again, along with giving her father his lunch whenever he leaves for work.
Himawari has a very close attachment to her parents, as she calls them "Mama" and "Papa". In the English version, she calls them "Mommy" and "Daddy". When Hinata was injured during Momoshiki and Kinshiki's attack, Himawari stayed by her mother's bedside as she was healed by Sakura, while worriedly watching over her and holding her hand. Himawari also holds her father in high regard, and always thinks about him whenever she's drawing pictures. At the same time, Himawari is not without a temper. When provoked enough, she can become very confrontational, showing an intimidating and violent side that is similar to her late grandma Kushina. This was proven enough to even make Boruto run away, and hide from her in fear by vowing to never make her angry ever again. Not only that, her temper even makes her father, and Kurama be afraid of her. When she has a angry expression on her face, Himawari shows it with a demonic expression. (In the OVA, she shows it with a homicidal look). Just like her father, Himawari doesn't even remember that she knocked out her father, showing that she also has short term memory loss.
Himawari also possesses a very similar temperament to her mother: well-mannered towards her authority figures, addresses her peers with proper honourifics, and invariably thinks of others well-being and contentment before herself, indicated when she uses her earned allowances just so she could make her father ramen to congratulate him for being a great Hokage and father. Nonetheless, Himawari is indeed not a timid or apprehensive individual. Instead Himwari is highly outgoing and exuberant quite similar to Naruto, although she still remains polite. Himawari is fairly considerate, sympathetic, and friendly, always trying her best to cope with her father's absences. Despite her commonly doting nature, she is willing to unleash a more intimidating side of herself in order to protect her loved ones.
AppearanceHimawari bears a striking resemblance to her mother, to the point that she inherited her mother's dark-blue hair. Which she wears with straight bangs and a hime-cut. Including the shape of her mother's eyes and face. Like her older brother, her hair flares out on the sides and back. She also has an ahoge (アホ毛) on the top of her head, which resembles the stem of a leaf. (In the Boruto manga, her ahoge is not shown) From her father, she inherited his blue eyes, two whisker markings on each cheek, unruly hair, and mouth. According to the franchise, Himawari looks like Hinata but inherited Naruto's face expressions. She is also considered very cute by Sumire Kakei.
In Naruto Shippuuden movie 7, she wore a pink sweater, along with a three-layered white flutter skirt, black pant, and a pair of flat pink sandals. She also wore a light green twin bead hairband on her ahoge. In the epilogue, Himawari wore a collared, long-sleeved yellow shirt with an orange cross-hatch pattern that resembled a sunflower, and red pumpkin shorts. She also wore yellow shinobi open toe sandals.
In the Boruto movie, she wears a light yellow long-sleeved sweater with a blue shirt underneath that has a petal-like pattern, and a two-layered pink flutter skirt. She also wears long, black open-toed stockings and fuchsia shinobi sandals.
In the Boruto manga, she appears as a very smaller child compare to her brother who is a pre-teen. She also has a shorter hairstyle. Her outfit consists of a light yellow sweater while having a pocket holder in front. She also wears long leggings and red boots. However she doesn't wear the light blue shirt and pink skirt. In the anime, she wears her Boruto movie outfit but has it with a white shirt.
Despite being a young child, Himawari has shown considerable potential. While being able to terrify her prodigious older brother while getting angry and knocking out her father, Uzumaki Naruto, with a single blow.
Like her mother, she has advanced chakra control. While being able to mould and release her chakra from any and all chakra points inside her body. Likewise, Himawari can properly release and insert chakra from her hands into an enemy's body to deliver more potent blows.
Despite not being a kunoichi, Himawari can use the Gentle Fist taijutsu style with considerable efficiency. This allows her to surgically inject chakra into an opponent's tenketsu through her various strikes to internally damage her target with just minimal contact. According to Hinata, a single strike from her is strong enough to leave a person unconscious for a day. Himawari also showed deceptive strength and speed, able to knock Boruto out of a room and solidly hit Naruto while his guard was down.
ByakuganStemming from the Hyuga heritage on her mother's side, Himawari awakened the Byakugan out of anger after her favorite panda toy was torn by Boruto. When activated, her normally blue eyes take on the white enlarged and featureless characteristics of the Byakugan. In the anime, she is seemingly able to activate it in stages, as initially, it appears as an unactivated Byakugan before developing the pronounced veins around her temple and dull pupils. With it, she possesses a near 360° field of x-ray vision (except for a small blind spot at the upper thoracic vertebrae), see through solid surfaces, and can even clearly perceive the chakra pathway system. She can also use her Byakugan to locate and find Boruto, who was hiding from her. Despite no prior training for it, she was able to quickly adjust to its powers, make effective use of them. In the anime, her grandfather, Hiashi, openly expressed how impressive it was for her to awaken it at such a young age.
While having dinner with her family, Himawari enjoys hearing stories about her parents when they were Ninja Academy students. However Himawari gets sad when Boruto complains that Naruto cares about his job instead of them. When Boruto enrolled at the Ninja Academy, Himawari tells him that he is running late to the entrance ceremony.
Once Boruto comes home from hanging out with his friends, Himawari asks Boruto to play with her after dinner. However she gets annoy when he says he has to study afterwards. But she gets confuse when Boruto stares at her face to face. As Naruto comes home early from work while being tire. Himawari is happy to see him, but she watches him go upstairs as he goes straight to bed.
Later, as Boruto began acting weird, portraying himself like a flashy movie hero, Himawari grew concerned for her brother. Once her family confronted him about this, he said he finally awakened his Byakugan, shocking everyone. As Naruto remembered how Himawari was able to manifest her Byakugan with no prior training, he considered it possible, deciding to take both his kids to Hiashi Hyūga for better answers. Upon arriving at their grandfather's home, the aging Hyuga head quickly began doting over his grandkids, which Himawari quickly returned the similar feelings. Himawari then began to play with her aunt Hanabi while Hiashi talked with Boruto.
After discussing Boruto's allegation of manifesting his Byakugan, it was decided to test the theory with a duel against Hanabi. Himawari watched in dismay at Boruto was soundly defeated by their aunt, which left everyone to conclude that Boruto did not gain the Byakugan. Afterwards, it was decided for Himawari and her family to spend the night over in the Hyuga house. After Himawari finish eating dinner, she chases her brother with her aunt. The following day, after Boruto came to terms with not having the Byakugan, he reverted to his normal personality, shocking Himawari again. She also keeps the orange glasses that Boruto wore because he doesn't need it anymore.
Later, Himawari helped her mother make a big feast to welcome Boruto's friend and classmate Mitsuki. Much to her joy, Naruto was also joining them for dinner as he finished work early. However, as dinner was about to begin, Naruto learns something from one of his dispersed clones, therefore Naruto left to investigate a strange release of chakra spreading throughout the village. Therefore leaving both Boruto and Himawari disappointed. Despite this, Himawari seemed to understand along with her mother while Boruto showed great displeasure with Naruto.
When Naruto is home from work, he reads a story to Himawari. Then while Naruto is talking to Boruto about Sumire, Himawari helps Hinata with dinner. When Himawari gets sick, she stays in her bed and tells Boruto that she wants to eat hamburger steak. As Boruto was watching over her while Hinata went to pickup her medicine, Naruto arrived home worried about her, making Himawari extremely happy. She later on goes back to sleep after her fever went down from taking the medicine that Hinata gave her.
On the day of the Kage Summit, Himawari accompanied her mother in visiting Neji's grave. When she asked her mother if he would like the sunflowers she brought for him, Hinata assured her that he would, because they were the same as her name. She then cheerfully said that she wanted to visit the memorial site again with her older brother.
As Boruto was getting ready to go on a field trip to Kirigakure, Himawari saw him off, asking him to bring back a souvenir, which he promised to do. When he returned however, having been caught up in stopping a would-be coup d'état, he forgot his promise completely, leaving Himawari sad. As Himawari became very withdrawn, Hinata finally broke her silence and reminded Boruto of his promise. Ashamed of this, Boruto insisted that he had to get the present from one of his friends, much to her joy. He later returned with a Kiri box of sweets, but having got in contact with his friend Karatachi Kagura, who apologized for his own actions, encouraged Boruto to come clean. He then gave Himawari both the box and an apology, admitting to his mistakes, which Himawari happily accepted.
Himawari entered a children's art competition where she won first prize for a drawing of her father. She then shows the drawing to her father who attended the event. Later Sai invited Himawari to the Ninja Academy to act as a guest teacher in hopes she was able to help his son Yamanaka Inojin with his art slump much to Boruto's annoyance. Later, Inojin sought Himawari to become his teacher so he could learn about art and he realized the importance of putting emotion into his artwork when he rescued the drawing she made of Naruto. The next day, Inojin is sorry that Himawari's drawings disappeared from the paper after his jutsu was released. But she is unconcerned, by deciding she'll just draw another picture and make her father even happier. Himawari is seen helping Hinata wash dishes as her brother asks Hinata why she became a ninja.
As Boruto prepared for his first genin mission, Himawari saw him off and wish her big brother good luck.
Later when the Byakuya Gang show up in the village Himawari is eating dinner with her mother and brother. However she asks her mother if the Byakuya Gang is good or bad. After hearing how her brother feels against the Byakuya Gang by seeing them as evil, Himawari understands her mothers lecture that not all people are evil.
On the night of Boruto's birthday, Himawari sets up the table. She is happy that Sakura and Sarada come over to celebrate. Sakura also loved how Himawari decorated the cake. However Himawari became worry when Boruto angrily went to his room after Naruto didn't show up. Therefore Sarada goes talk to him while she stays downstairs with Hinata and Sakura.
A month later, Himawari marks her birthday and tells Boruto that her wish is for Naruto to join the celebration. Boruto says it's a lame wish because he, Hinata, Sakura and his friends will be there to celebrate it with her. But she gets sad because she only wants Naruto to celebrate it with her. Due to seeing how much she cares about Naruto, Boruto tells her he will make Naruto show up on her birthday which makes her happy.
On the day of her birthday, Himawari and her mother were cleaning in Naruto's study room when she found her father's old tattered jacket and showed it to her mother, making her smile. Later on, they met up with Boruto and his teammates in the village and Himawari excitedly told him that they had to hurry home for her birthday. When they got Himawari was happy to see her father when they opened the door. That night, as she hears her mother and brother sing happy birthday to her, she smiles. Once Naruto starts carrying the cake and gets to the table. He disappears and drops Himawari's birthday cake on the floor. This angered Boruto, who had already warned Naruto to not miss the event, although Himawari was less upset than her older brother. She then became concerned for her brother when he angrily left the living room, after he and her mother had an argument about her father. To which she was sadly hugged by her mother.
A few weeks later when Boruto came home, after successfully passing the second round of the Chunin Exams, Himawari excitedly congratulated him. However she and her mother were concern when Boruto told them he was tired and wasn't hungry. She later attended the last round of the Chunin Exams with her mother to watch Boruto's fight against Yurui. When he won against Yurui, Himawari happy got up and cheered for him. After Boruto fought with Nara Shikadai. She clapped her hands when he won, but he ended up being disqualified for cheating. Afterwards Himawari asked her mother if Boruto did something bad, but Hinata remained silent and just hugged her without actually answering. When Momoshiki and Kinshiki suddenly appeared and attacked the arena, she fled with her mother while Ino helping them get to a safe location. After the attack, when Hinata was injured while trying to protect Naruto, Himawari while being in the hospital with her, anxiously stood by her mother's bedside being worry. When Hinata regained consciousness, Himawari called out to her and holdis her hand as she was healed by Haruno Sakura.
After the fighting was over, Himawari had breakfast with her family. By happily watching her mother fix Boruto's tore up jacket, she then became surprised when Boruto told Hinata not to fix the jacket since it looked cool that way. As her father and older brother prepared to leave for the day. She told her father not to forget his lunch, and gave it to him off screen. She even gave her brother his lunch off screen as well. Soon after she, and her mother saw them off at the front door while telling them to have a good day.
Boruto Naruto Next Generations Manga
In the Anime, Himawari has a happy belated birthday dinner with Naruto which makes her because they haven't had dinner in a while together before Naruto became the Hokage. When Naruto came home Boruto punched Naruto in the stomach thinking he sent a shadow clone but smirk when he thought otherwise. Naruto had scolded him while Himawari wants a piggy back ride on Naruto but the family gets afraid when Hinata threatens to throw the cake away. Himawari and her brother then blow out the candles on the cake. While eating dinner the family throws their cups as they cheered.
In the manga, she tries to eavesdrop on her father's conversation with Kawaki. Soon after she walks in when she sees Naruto in Nine Tail Chakra Mode. Seeing the house a mess Himawari asks what's going on. Naruto powers down and tells her not to worry about it. When Boruto gets home and notices the broken vase on the floor that Himawari made for their mother, Himawari gets sad upon seeing it be broken as Naruto explains that Kawaki flip the table that the vase was standing on. After hearing this Himawari gets down on the floor and starts picking up the broken pieces of the flower vase.
Himawari is seen helping Hinata throw away the vase. But Hinata reassures her that the vase is apart of her and that her safety by not getting injured from the shattered vase was more important to her.
During a meal, Naruto tells Boruto he's putting too much salt in his food. Boruto comments on how unusual it is for Naruto to stay home all day long, and denies being happy about it when Himawari teases him over it.
Uzumaki Himawari appears in the following video game:
- Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road to Boruto (non playable)
RelationshipsHyuga Hinata, a beautiful woman with who Himawari shares a close resemblance, and takes after her personality. Hinata is a loving mother to her daughter and shares a close relationship with her. Which is seen when Himawari and Boruto went out in the snow to play with Naruto, and Hinata told her children to not go out barefoot before she joined in a snowball fight with her family. When Naruto became Hokage, Himawari listened to her mother as she took her to go wake up Naruto. After Naruto woke up from unconsciousness, Himawari took a picture with her mother, while Naruto wore his hat and cloak. Unlike her husband, who is too occupied with his duties as Hokage. Hinata spends a lot of time with her children, and is often home with her daughter. In which Himawari spends most of the time helping Hinata with house cleaning, and running errands.
On the night of Himawari's birthday party, Naruto ended up sending a shadow clone to the party, and it dropped her birthday cake on the floor next to them before disappearing. This saddened Himawari and enraged Boruto on his sister's behalf. However Hinata tried to comfort both of her children, but Boruto walks away and Hinata hugs a sad Himawari.
On the day of the third phase of the Chunin Exams, Himawari sat with her mother. But when it was discovered that Boruto was cheating, and was disqualified. Himawari asked her mother if her brother did something bad, but Hinata didn't say anything and just simply hugged Himawari. When Momoshiki and Kinshiki attacked the arena, Himawari was wisked away by her mother, who then rushed back to the arena to try to save Naruto and was left injured. As Hinata was recovering in the hospital, Himawari cried out to her mother and held her hand. A few months after the battle, she later watches Hinata knit Boruto's jacket. She along with her mother then wished Naruto, and Boruto to have a good day as they left for work, and a mission respectively.Uzumaki Naruto a tall man with great talent, and takes after her late grandmother in terms of personality. Naruto has a loving relationship with his daughter, often playing with her whenever he has free time. Such as having a snowball fight with her. Years later on the day of his Seventh Hokage inauguration, Naruto got caught in a fight between his son and his daughter. With the result of his daughter's teddy bear having to accidentally been destroyed by his son, the fight is what led to Himawari finally awakening her byakugan. Naruto even try to calm Himawari down, but she didn't listen. Naruto then stepped in to defend Boruto from Himawari's Gentle Fist-strike and took the blow instead, rendering him unconscious. This shows that he cares about both of his children's safety, even when he tries not to harm both of them. However Himawari doesn't know that her temper scares her father. She even takes a picture with him while he wears his hat and cloak. Even though Naruto's promotion to the Hokage title had him spending less time with his family than he used to, he still tries his hardest to spend time with her. It turns out that unlike Boruto, Himawari enjoys whatever little quality time she has with him due to his duties of being Hokage. An example is when he came home in person to take care of her when she got sick. Since he left at shadow clone at the office to handle the paper work with Shikamaru.
Another example that was proven true on the night of her birthday, while Naruto wanted to attend the party in person in order to surprise her, he had too much paper work to do. Due to this he sended six clones to get groceries and presents for Himawari's party. Then he ends up sending another clone to attend the party, to not disappoint her or Boruto. While finishing lighting up Himawari's cake, naruto's clone tripped when he was almost at the table, and disappeared while ending up dropping the cake on the table. Himawari was sad that her father didn't attend her party but not as much as Boruto was, since she knows that her father cares about her. Including that Naruto is trying his hardest to be there for her, and the rest of the family even on the night of her birthday. However, Himawari missed him just as much as her mother did. During Boruto's match against Shikadai, Naruto even sit next to his daughter, and wife instead of with the other four Kage. She also cares about her father's wellbeing even when he is protecting the village from a major threat, hinting that just like her mother, Himawari also supports her father's job. After Naruto was saved, Himawari was shown being happy that her father is permanently at home with his family; since his schedule was lessen to have him spend time with his family, without having to work too long at the Hokage office. Including that she ran off screen to gave Naruto his lunch, and waved goodbye to him when he was leaving for work. She would even make him Ramen when he comes back home.Uzumaki Boruto a boy who looks like there father, and is seven years older than her. (In the Boruto manga, he is at the age of 12, while his sister is at the age of seven. Therefore making Boruto five years older than her). The two share a very close relationship and Boruto is a doting, protective older brother to Himawari. That doesn't mean he doesn't get afraid of Himawari when her temper gets the better of her. On the day of Naruto's inauguration as the current Hokage, Himawari wanted to bring her toy panda but Boruto said no because he knew he would have to end up carrying it and didn't want to be an embarrassment in front of the village. They ended up tearing its head off and Himawari awakened her Byakugan in anger, and attacked Boruto, who then hid in a closet while vowing to never push her over the edge again. After their father woke up, Himawari takes a picture with her older brother while Naruto wears his hat and cloak. Boruto even slept with her after the ceremony was over.
When Boruto is a Ninja Academy student, Himawari hates it when Boruto speaks rudely about their father in front of their mother. Sometimes when he comes home after hanging out with his friends, Himawari would want to play with him. But he would honestly tell her that he have to study after dinner, which annoyed her. He cares about his sister so much that he would try to cook something for her when she got sick, and when he threatened Naruto not to be late for her birthday or he would never forgive him. But since Naruto didn't show up as planned and sensed a shadow clone instead. Boruto told Hinata that he was angry at Naruto for Himawari's sake and not his own. When Boruto passed the second round of the Chunin Exams, Himawari happily congratulated him (hugged him in the novel). Himawari loves her brother very much, seen when she happily cheered for him during the third phase of the Chunin Exams and asking her mother if Boruto was in trouble when he got disqualified for cheating. When their mother was injured in the hospital for trying to save their father, Boruto and Himawari were shown being worry at Hinata's bedside. After their father was rescue, Himawari was shown (off screen) giving Boruto his lunch when he was leaving out for a mission.
Himawari has a close relationship with her aunt Hanabi, and they enjoy playing together.
Himawari has a close relationship with her maternal grandfather Hiashi. Such as being happy when he hugs her.
Himawari's feelings for her paternal grandmother Kushina are never revealed, but it seems that Himawari picked up a bit of Kushina's temper, which is evident when she attacks Boruto for accidentally tearing apart her panda doll.
Himawari's feelings for her paternal grandfather Minato are never revealed, but is hinted that she respects and admires him for being Hokage like her father.
Hyuga Neji is Himawari's maternal uncle from her mother's side of the family, but she refers to him as "Uncle Neji". As a child, Himawari often visited his grave with her mother and brought him sunflowers. Himawari asked Hinata if Neji would like them and her mother replied he would because they are the same as Himawari's name. Himawari then said she that wanted to visit Neji's grave again but with Boruto. Ironically she would come to Neji's grave whenever she is thinking about something.
Himawari is fond of Haruno Sakura, and refers to her as "Aunt Sakura". When Hinata is injured in the hospital after trying to save her father. Himawari becomes worried for her mother, however Sakura calms her down by telling her that Hinata will be alright.
Himawari is fond of Sasuke and refers to him as "Uncle Sasuke".
Himawari has a good friendship with Sarada and they treat each other as sisters.
Himawari likes Mitsuki and finds him to be kind and pleasant. Mitsuki points out that Himwari is Boruto's soft spot and the one to make him genuinely smile.
Himawari likes Konohamaru and thinks of him as a good family friend.
Himawari has a good bond with Iruka, who loves and dotes on the young girl due to her being Naruto's daughter.
Himawari likes and respects Shikamaru due to him being her father's friend and advisor. Shikamaru tries to help Naruto make time for his family after seeing how his duties affect the Uzumaki family.
Himawari is fond of Gaara, who also cares deeply for the girl due to her being Naruto's daughter. Gaara often visits the Uzumaki family and plays with Himawari. She even calls him "Uncle".
Himawari is fond of Kakashi and refers to him as "Grandpa Kakashi". Kakashi cares deeply for Himawari and views her as a granddaughter.
Himawari was fearful when Momoshiki and Kinshiki attacked, and was saddened when they captured her father along with injuring her mother.
Himawari was fearful when Kinshiki and Momoshiki attacked and was saddened when they captured her father along with injuring her mother.
- Jiraiya (Great Godfather/dead)
- Hyuga Elder (Great Grandfather)
- Hinata and Hanabi's Mother (Grandmother)
- Hyuga Hiashi (Grandfather)
- Uzumaki Kushina (Grandmother/dead)
- Namikaze Minato (Grandfather/dead)
- Hyuga Hizashi (Granduncle/dead)
- Hyuga Hinata (Mother)
- Uzumaki Naruto (Father)
- Uzumaki Boruto (Older Brother)
- Hyuga Hanabi (Aunt)
- Hyuga Neji (Uncle/dead)
- Haruno Sakura (Surrogate Aunt)
- Uchiha Sasuke (Surrogate Uncle)
- Son Goten (True Counterpart)
- Maeter Thurston (Partnal Counterpart)
- The name "Himawari" (向日葵) means "sunflower". When reversed, the first two kanji spell "Hyuga" (日向), which can also be read "Hinata", making her being name after her mother and the Hyuga clan. Since her mother's last name mean "towards the sun", while her mother's name mean "a place in the sun".
- Himawari's name also refers to her late grandparents name who her father described as "two suns".
- Himawari and Boruto are the only known descendants of the Hyuga clan who initially did not possess the Byakugan. However, according to Masashi Kishimoto, he intended to give them the Byakugan, but forgot to before releasing chapter 700. This was corrected in The Day That Naruto Became Hokage one-shot short where Himawari awakened her Byakugan. However in the manga, the veins under Himawari's eyes are shown. But in the OVA version, the veins under her eyes aren't shown until her eyes are in close up form.
- In Naruto Shippuuden movie 7, it's shown that Himawari inherited her father's clumsiness. Not only that, due to her not having the ahoge in the Boruto manga. If you look closely while she loses the side bangs, her hair resembles kid Gohan's hairstyle that he had when he went to Planet Namek.
- She may have inherited her uncle Neji's genius since she can target a person's chakra points and completely shut them down in one move, as she did to Naruto accidentally.
- So far it's unknown when is her birthday, along with her bloodtype. Including her hobbies, favorite food and least favorite food.
- She is Junko Takeuchi's favorite character from Boruto's generation.
There are ten differences between her character in the manga version of The Day That Naruto Became Hokage, and in the OVA version of it:
- In the manga, Himawari wears a black tank top. However in the OVA, Himawari wears a light yellow tank top.
- In the manga, Himawari tells Naruto to wake up as she opens the door a tiny bit. However in the OVA, Himawari tells Naruto to wake up as she opens the door all the way open.
- In the manga, Himawari tries to wake Naruto up by shaking him. However in the OVA, she tries to wake him up by poking him.
- In the manga, Himawari doesn't look at Boruto jump in the air. However in the OVA, she does see Boruto jump in the air.
- In the manga, Himawari wasn't surprised on how Boruto woke up Naruto. However in the OVA, she is surprise on how her brother woke up their father.
- In the manga, Himawari's stuff panda is black and white. However in the OVA, her stuff panda is dark pink and white.
- In the manga, after she awakening her Byakugan. Himawari screams as she is about to attack Naruto. However in the OVA, Himawari doesn't say anything when she is about to attack Naruto.
- In the manga, Himawari knocks her father out after he told her to calm down. However in the OVA, she knocks Naruto out before he can calm her down.
- In the manga, Himawari finds Boruto hiding in their parents bedroom. However in the OVA, she thinks that she found him hiding in Naruto's study room.
- In the manga, Himawari is at the front door when she has a demonic expression on her face. However in the OVA, she is in front of the closet when she has a homicidal look on her face and in her eyes.
Himawari has many similarities with Son Goten from Dragon Ball Z.
- Both of them inherited their fathers cheerful personality and face expressions.
- Both lived with a few of their relatives. The only difference is that Himawari lived with both of her parents and older brother. Whereas Goten only lived with his mother and older brother overall because he was born a few months after Goku died during the Cell Games. However Goten finally got to meet his father at the age of seven.
- Both lived a normal life during their childhood. The only difference is that Himawari lived in a happy peaceful hometown fill with technology. Whereas Goten lived in the woods where his older brother described was peaceful but with less technology.
- Both were able to spend time with their fathers during their childhood. The only difference is that Goten never got to spend time with Goku at a much younger age like Himawari did with Naruto. Another key difference is that Himawari got to spend time with her father as a toddler whereas Goten did not.
- Both are sweet and kind around their father. Including that Goten never had a strained relationship with his father like Himawari did.
- Both care about their mother's well being, and usually spend more time with their mother compare to their father.
- Both are the youngest child of a legendary hero. (For Himawari : Naruto. Whereas for Goten : Goku) The only difference is Himawari is a girl. Whereas Goten is a boy.
- Both of them resemble one of their parents. (For Himawari : her mother. Whereas for Goten : his father)
- Both of them awakening their special ability in an anger state. (For Himawari : awakening her Byakugan when her panda stuff animal got torn. Whereas for Goten : turning into a Super Saiyan while training with his mother)
- Both have a monstrous temper that scares their older brother. (For Himawari : when her Panda stuff animal got torn. Whereas for Goten : when Gohan laughed at the fact that he couldn't fly)
- Both understand more about their fathers busy life compare to their older brother. (For Himawari : having a father who is Hokage. Whereas for Goten : having a father who protects the world but is a radish farmer as well)
- Both want to follow in their father's footsteps, and only want to be like them. (For Himawari : Naruto. Whereas for Goten : Goku)
- Both are prodigies, and are skilled at something without even trying. (For Himawari : awakening the Byakugan. Whereas for Goten : turning into a Super Saiyan)
- Both almost injured their relative after they awoken their special ability. (For Himawari : she almost knock out her brother after she awoken her Byakugan. Whereas for Goten : he almost punched his mother after he turned into a Super Saiyan)
- Both have a over protective relationship with their mothers. (For Himawari : Hinata. Whereas for Goten : Chi-Chi) The only difference is that Himawari's mother is sweet and kind overall but gently scolds her. Whereas Goten's mother is sweet, and kind but aggressive, and strict overall.
- Both have one older sibling that they get along with. (For Himawari : Boruto. Whereas for Goten : Gohan)
- Both never realize that they lived in a world that is involved with violence. (For Himawari : almost getting attack by Momoshiki during her older brothers first Chunin Exams. Whereas for Goten : seeing Vegeta being attacked by Majin Buu)
- Both were shown being at their mother's side by the time they made their debut. (For Himawari : visiting her uncle Neji's grave. Whereas for Goten : being at home wishing his older brother to have a good day at school)
- Both are shown spending more time with their fathers whenever he isn't working too long. (For Himawari : after Momoshiki is kill. Whereas for Goten : after Kid Buu is kill)
- Both are shown giving their father a lunch box before he goes to work. ( For Himawari : when Naruto leaves for work. Whereas for Goten : when Goku works as a radish farmer)
Himawari has some similarities with Renton's adopted daughter, Maeter Thurston from Eureka Seven.
- Both are short.
- Both are the youngest.
- Both love being with their family.
- Both can get angry.
- Both call their parents "Mama" and "Papa".
- Both are the daughter of a legendary hero. (For Himawari : Naruto. Whereas for Maeter : Renton)
- Both have a stuff animal. (For Himawari : a panda. Whereas for Maeter : a rabbit)
- Both enjoy being with their mother. (For Himawari : Hinata. Whereas for Maeter : Eureka)
- Both have a older brother. (For Himawari : Boruto. Whereas for Maeter : Maurice)
- Both have the same personality. (Both : sweet, kind, caring, understanding and emotional)
- Both have a grandfather that is alive. (For Himawari : Hiashi. Whereas for Maeter : Axel)
- Both have a aunt. (For Himawari : Hanabi. Whereas for Maeter : Diane)
- Both are curious about something. (For Himawari : she wonders why Boruto hates their father being the Hokage. Whereas for Maeter : she wonders why Maurice hates that Renton loves Eureka)
- Both can't stand being in a strained relationship. (For Himawari : with her father and brother. Whereas for Maeter : with her parents)
- Both try to take care one of their parents. (For Himawari : it was Hinata, when she got injured after she try to save Naruto. Whereas for Maeter : it was Renton, when he got a fever)
- Both trust someone to look after their mother. (For Himawari : she trusts Sakura. Whereas for Maeter : she trusts Mischa)
- Both got to see their fathers old jacket. (For Himawari : she finds Naruto's jacket in a box. Whereas for Maeter : she sees Maurice wearing it)
- Both hugged their mother. (For Himawari : after hearing Boruto argue about Naruto being the Hokage. Whereas for Maeter : after Maurice makes amends with Renton and Eureka)
- Both met two enemies that they are afraid of. (For Himawari : Momoshiki and Kinshiki. Whereas for Maeter : Ray and Charles)
- Both witness a major battle. (For Himawari : when Momoshiki and Kinshiki attack during the Chunin Exams. Whereas for Maeter : the destruction of the Scrub Corals)
- Both are happy when a battle is stopped for good. (For Himawari : the defeat of Momoshiki. Whereas for Maeter : the defeat of the scrub corals)
- Both spend time with their family a few months/years after the battle. (For Himawari : when her mother fixes her brothers jacket while her father and brother sit at the dinner table. Whereas for Maeter : when her parents are on the moon, while she stays with her brothers and grandpa)
Himawari even has some similarities with Yuzu Kurosaki from Bleach.
- Both are short.
- Both help out at home.
- Both cry a lot and are the youngest sibling.
- Both love their father, and enjoys his company. (For Himawari : Naruto. Whereas for Yuzu : Isshin)
- Both love their mother, and look just like her. (For Himawari : Hinata. Whereas for Yuzu : Masaki) The only difference is Himawari's mother is alive. Whereas Yuzu's mother is dead.
- Both worry about their older brother. (For Himawari : when Boruto cheats in exams. Whereas for Yuzu : when Ichigo doesn't come home)
- Both care about their older brother. (For Himawari : Boruto. Whereas for Yuzu : Ichigo)
- Both can't stand when their brother gets angry. (For Himawari : on her birthday. Whereas for Yuzu : when he refuse to look for her pajamas)
- Both love stuff animals. (For Himawari : Pandas. Whereas for Yuzu : Kon)
- Both have special powers. (For Himawari : the Byakugan. Whereas for Yuzu : sensing ghost)
Himawari has many similarities to her mother, Hyuga Hinata.
- Both have the same blue hair.
- Both are the shortest.
- Both are sweet and kind.
- Both can get angry real easily.
- Both have the Byakugan.
- Both live with their family.
- Booth wear sweater hood clothing. (For Himawari : Yellow and blue. Whereas for Hinata : white and blue)
- Both are from a famous clan. (For Himawari : the Uzumaki clan. Whereas for Hinata : the Hyuga clan)
- Both admire their father. (For Himawari : Naruto. Whereas for Hinata : Hiashi)
- Ironcially both had a strained relationship with their father. (For Himawari : due to Naruto's Hokage duties. Whereas for Hinata : due to her having less confidence)
- However their strained relationship with their father disappeared when they got older. (For Himawari : after Boruto defeats Momoshiki. Whereas for Hinata : after the Bikochu mission)
- Both refer to someone as brother. (For Himawari : Boruto. Whereas for Hinata : Neji)
Himawari also has some similarities to her late grandmother, Uzumaki Kushina.
- Both care about their family.
- Both are sweet and kind.
- Both have a monsterious temper.
- Both understand the Hokage title.
- Both are patient with their family.
- Both spend a lot of time at home.
- Both are great at cleaning.
- Both don't back down from a argument.
- Both are cheerful and adorable.
- Both ain't arrogant and anti-social.
- Japanese : Yuki Kuwahara (NSM7), Saori Hayami (all media)
- English : Stephanie Sheh (NSM7), Melissa Fahn (all media)
all information on Uzumaki Himawari came from http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Himawari_Uzumaki